Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys, if you are gonna just scream at each other, please do it via PM.

I raced at the JBRL this weekend and am happy to report that my truck was 55 grams lighter than the most competitive SC10 4x4 this weekend. So much for all the reports of how much lighter it is...made me smile.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post

I raced at the JBRL this weekend and am happy to report that my truck was 55 grams lighter than the most competitive SC10 4x4 this weekend. So much for all the reports of how much lighter it is...made me smile.
Ryan your truck was beyond dialed this weekend..It looks so forgiving
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Yep, I'm the idiot that states something isn't worth a damn without ever even laying eyes on it.
Dude, you need to comment on something you have tried. Who gives a crap if it's just been out recently? Since you think your opinion is so important. Buy a damn chassis and then come on here and give your opinion, until then what you have to say about it means squat.
FYI he has tried the tlr and Bce.

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
tell me where i said the chassis is junk? Yeah your right and we had no real world experience of the extreme chassis either. your point?
Dude don't waste your time with this dude. He did the same crap with me when I said the shock towers were crap when I first started posting here. He said I was spreading false info
Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, does the SCTE kit come with the tires premounted or not? I heard that the foams in the stock tires aren't good so I'm planning to order a set of proline foams for the stock tires if the kit comes with the tires unglued. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

what was your setup?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

nice that's good to know we can get it lighter than the sc10x4 guys
Old 03-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey Scoot are you at the JBRL at O.C.?
How is the turn out? New job is going well when I get the promised increase $$$$$ I will be able to play more and come race wit ya guys!!Also what tires do you run at ocrc? Thanx Bro ..Ric,
Turnout was 392 entries, the last race 1/8th scale A-main was @ 2:30 Am haha
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zJatoRad View Post
Hey guys, does the SCTE kit come with the tires premounted or not? I heard that the foams in the stock tires aren't good so I'm planning to order a set of proline foams for the stock tires if the kit comes with the tires unglued. Thanks.
yes they come premounted, if you run on loose dirt tracks they work pretty good but if you dont then just bake the tires off and run the tires that your locals prefer to use.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

any idea when the ti-ni shock shafts will be available?? ive just got a set of hard ano shock bodies and would like to do a full rebuild of all the shock with all the option parts
Old 03-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

yes they come premounted, if you run on loose dirt tracks they work pretty good but if you dont then just bake the tires off and run the tires that your locals prefer to use.
Thanks for the info
Old 03-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
I noticed a while back on this tread that people were using RC8 rear chassis braces on this truck do you use the plastic ones or the alum and is this on the stock chassis ?
I used the plastic one when I was running my SNR Chassis. I feel the plastic still gives you enough torsional flex that you get good traction through the turns, while it stiffens the chassis up front to rear. Fits perfect on the stock chassis too and what my friend is using.
OMG thats why I was referring him to the others, because they are proven. Would you buy a cf chassis for a scte? I sure as hell wouldn't especially when its like $20+ than the other chassis that are proven and a lot of us race outdoors too. Its common sense, I dont see 1/8 buggys or truggys running cf chassis running outdoors or indoors anywhere here in socal. Thats why there is only 2 companies now that I've heard of that makes CF chassis, SNR and Xtreme racing. If cf chassis were better more people would run them and make them.
I ran the SNR CF chassis twice a week for 8 months. It worked VERY well for me. Didn't break. I've been running the BCE chassis for about 1 1/2 months, bent it yesterday. Now, I will admittedly say, it was my fault because the screws that hold the front of the Diff housing to the chassis were backing out and acted as a big shovel and lever and bent the front of my chassis. But I have been very happy with the BCE chassis (went back to stock rear brace when using this chassis). Bummed I bent it and will try to bend it back. I was also very happy with the SNR chassis, it was just time to replace it from wear after running it as much as I did. I'm sure I coulda probably put another 4 month's into it easily, but the BCE chassis became available at a price that was too good to refuse.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:34 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Hi guys,
Has anyone tried the alum collars with HA shock bodies? Do they fit the threads better then on the stock ones?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Unfortunatly the stock tires are glued, but the stock tires and foams seem to work quite well depending on what kind of track your on. Also, the stock tires seem to be a little taller, so Im not sure how well the proline foams would work, it almost seems that you would want to run 1/8 buggy foams... I dont know.

This saturday I hit up another local 1/8 style track that was in poor shape,and bested my personal best(AE SC10 4x4, when the trackwas in good shape) by 1.5 seconds. And it was windy as heck, so I wasnt even triple doubling the big jumps(i was double single doubling it).

Dont know why I waited so long to switch... this truck is darn good!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I used the plastic one when I was running my SNR Chassis. I feel the plastic still gives you enough torsional flex that you get good traction through the turns, while it stiffens the chassis up front to rear. Fits perfect on the stock chassis too and what my friend is using.

I ran the SNR CF chassis twice a week for 8 months. It worked VERY well for me. Didn't break. I've been running the BCE chassis for about 1 1/2 months, bent it yesterday. Now, I will admittedly say, it was my fault because the screws that hold the front of the Diff housing to the chassis were backing out and acted as a big shovel and lever and bent the front of my chassis. But I have been very happy with the BCE chassis (went back to stock rear brace when using this chassis). Bummed I bent it and will try to bend it back. I was also very happy with the SNR chassis, it was just time to replace it from wear after running it as much as I did. I'm sure I coulda probably put another 4 month's into it easily, but the BCE chassis became available at a price that was too good to refuse.
Can u give some feedback on how they compared on track?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Also - did you get your tranny smooth again? Usually it gets notchy like that if you didn't push the washers and gears down well enough. You can also break it in by alternating putting the left/right side of the truck down on the ground and run it at partial throttle. It should right itself again after some use though.
Hey Gary, I think I got it smooth. I am used to belt drive and super quiet so maybe its just me thinking something is wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.