Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Where? Have a link. Hopefully it doesn't require the box because I chunked that about a week ago.
Dude, really? Goto the whirlpool fridge site and look under the side by side section. There's a blue dot on the crisper door. Click it and you can register your ride. If that doesn't work, goto the Losi site and find the words "register your product" on the top right of the page. Good luck. Is Havok back yet? I got 5 bucks for him to slap you on the back of your head...
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

For those of you interested in getting replacement pins. It looks like I could make some up on my equipment by the middle of next week. These would be RC52 hardened and ground. They would cost $12 shipped for a set of 6.

It looks like Losi is going to get the pins out pretty quick, so this would be a short term solution for those of you with trucks that are down.

If you are interested let me know by PM. If there's enough interest I'll order the parts today.

Last edited by ChrisAttebery; 03-11-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCJammer
I would not recommend air cooling. This type of quench is too slow and would allow embrittled structure to form.
+1 Yea, do not air cool, drop it in water.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCJammer
Discussion about an obvious premature wear issue where the expectation was that the parts had much more life is not slander. The Losi guys were posting in this thread reassuring us that the kits had the new hardened pins. When they make claims like that about the kits, and then it turns out to be untrue, you have to understand there is going to be some shock and awe posts. My biggest problem is the sudden lack of communication from the Losi guys once this discussion started in the thread. They should be pouring forth the information, not avoiding us....
I can understand your response. I was reassured of one thing. It is now obvious that something different has occurred. I was off yesterday so thats why I was not around. I am however around from morning until way into the night most often. I have been here since the beginning of this issue and have spoken up each time.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Now that's the Losi I am use to. Thanks for taking the time to clear the air so to speak.

I just received my truck and putting electronics in it for tomorrow blow it up and fix it

You're gonna love it ! Its so good I kinda feel like I'm cheating when I am racing against the other 4x4's .

I am coming from a highly modded Ofna Hyper 10SC and I was faster with this truck the very first time I ever drove it with the box stock setup .
Mark my words , once they get the diff issue worked out this will be THE truck too run this season .
Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I can understand your response. I was reassured of one thing. It is now obvious that something different has occurred. I was off yesterday so thats why I was not around. I am however around from morning until way into the night most often. I have been here since the beginning of this issue and have spoken up each time.
Do you have an ETA on the Hardened outdrives being available?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Can I get a rundown of the sizes in the piston pack as well as the sway bar set.
Thank You.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I believe the pistons are 4x #60, #58 and #56 (1, 1.05 and 1.1mm)

The sway bars are 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0mm.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
One week on a set of drive cups from Rages truck. The center diff also has quite a bit of play inside the actual diff, causing the drive shafts to wobble.

Ryan, I thought the drive cups on the production truck had been hardened? All three of the production trucks in our crew are all having this issue. And we have seen quite a few diffs pin issues right off the bat which also should have been hardened? To get the pins cost 30 bucks for each set. I do not think people are going to want to replace the pins every two weeks. What's the deal man?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
If diff pins are the only issue can you please answer why the outdrive is so loose in this video?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

What are most of you guys running for inserts in the rear adj. hingepin braces? I started off with 0 inserts front and rear but haven't ran it yet.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone let me know the size, length and pitch of the motor screws. I picked up the motor mount separately and the screws were not included.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bparanoid
Can someone let me know the size, length and pitch of the motor screws. I picked up the motor mount separately and the screws were not included.
They are M3 X 0.5mm pitch, 6mm long
Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ram4whldr
If diff pins are the only issue can you please answer why the outdrive is so loose in this video?
Because the play is coming from the inside of the diff, not the CD mount.
Once the pins have lost their tolerances they cannot hold the output center with everything and the wobble is seen.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
Understandable. Just a terrible coincidence that this all came about while you were gone.

I just got off the phone with customer support and they were helpful. They are sending me 3 of the LOSB3569 diff kits, since all my spider gears are wearing on the back from the pin wear, but they are also sending me some sets of another kit (IDK the P/N) that has the diff pins, shims and the diff gasket. I only asked for the Diff kit, but he wanted to send the other as well. Didnt hurt my feelings so I didnt argue. His visibility on availability was Backorder till June, but I know thats probably because you have all the diff pin stock tied up on hold and in inspection atm.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I know we were all a little frantic this morning, but I can tell you guys are doing the best you can.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ram4whldr
I just checked the center diffs on all of my 1/8 scales and they ALL have a similar amount of play ? I dont think it will be an issue as the center CVD's are not pivoting around like the ones on the front and rear diffs while they are turning , the front and rear diffs do not have this play .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.