Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Vegatron75;10405240]I hear ya on the lack of XRAY info. I bet, that your lap times will drop even more. If your already faster w/ the Losi than the AE now, I'm would guess you'll pick up even more time in the near future.

What's your take on the upgrades?QUOTE]

Well,I dont want to beat a dead horse, but the shock towers, outdrives, chassis, and the diffs( shims under the sungear/crown gear arent hardened) are suspect and need some attention, and the stock screws can be troublesome. The truck is very well designed and drives well, there is also alot of parts support.

With the losi , parts seem to be cheaper to buy, and more readily available fro hobby stores. and you dont have to replace the diff cases every month like on the AE(That pissed me off more than anything else... stupid brass bushings, wtfreak!?), or bending front and rear cva's fro to much uptravel and flex in the a-arms.... If you bought a losi, I find it hard to believe that you would regret it.

But this is just my opinion.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Sup everyone, I used to own an SCTE when they first came out and sold it (didn't like the issues with the diff pins, leaking diffs, etc from the first kit). Now that it seems like that got fixed with the newer version I was able to pick this up last night for a great deal.

I was wondering if you guys had some good setup tips for a tight indoor clay track. It has a pro4 4000kv so what would be a good gearing to start out with?

It already has alot of upgrades, but was also wondering what are some other things I can do to make it even better?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NYC Diesel View Post
Hey guys I got a SCTE ARR sittin pretty at my house with these electonics on the way:

HW 120A ESC v2
Tekin Pro 4 4600kv
Spektrum 6030

I have HW ESC's and love their linearity (they make my sensorless motors feel sensored!) and easy programming so it was a no brainer on that. BUT for the motor I did a lot of research and came up with the Pro 4 as the best current motor for the SCT's. The other day I was at my LHS and talking crap with the owner and he said that the Viper motors were now taking over the SCT scene. I am now kind of regretting ordering the pro 4, does anyone out there own both motors and can give a honest review of the performance of both ? Just make me feel a little more comfortable with my purchase. He might have just been trying to push the Viper motors (he stocks them) so who knows, searching for a comparison came up negative. Thanks for any help guys.
tekin felt good but the viper just as good and WAY cheaper so viper gsts my vote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Sup everyone, I used to own an SCTE when they first came out and sold it (didn't like the issues with the diff pins, leaking diffs, etc from the first kit). Now that it seems like that got fixed with the newer version I was able to pick this up last night for a great deal.

I was wondering if you guys had some good setup tips for a tight indoor clay track. It has a pro4 4000kv so what would be a good gearing to start out with?

It already has alot of upgrades, but was also wondering what are some other things I can do to make it even better?
I would start with 13-14 for gearing on a smaller track. As far as setups go, I would start with smiley's setup, but I went with 5-5-3. his setup is half way down on theis page http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...thread-80.html
Old 03-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
I would start with 13-14 for gearing on a smaller track. As far as setups go, I would start with smiley's setup, but I went with 5-5-3. his setup is half way down on theis page http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...thread-80.html
Thanks symm, I will try that out and adjust from there..... I am still not sure if I'm going to keep it, I still love my sc10 4x4 but my local outdoor track will be opening back up the end of this month so I want to compare the two. No matter what happens the sc10 will remain with me, but if I don't notice that much of a difference between the two on both indoor/outdoor track I will sell the scte.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
tekin felt good but the viper just as good and WAY cheaper so viper gsts my vote
The Pro4 in my opinion is a ton better and ROAR legal!!! My buddy has the copperhead combo and the motor just feels rough and a lot of people are having problems with them.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
99% of racers run the hingepin holders with all 0's. It was the best of all the setting I tried, thats for sure. They are lighter, but other than that...pretty useless.

Here's a list of items i feel are much more important than anything in the tuning kit, that actually makes a difference in performance and longevity, and are cheap.

Losi Hard anodized ball kit agree... i want these too

Losi 8ight 2.0 rod ends how many tenths you get from this update? i havent broke one yet..

Lunsford 8ight 2.0 turnbuckle set how many tenths you get from this update? really.. 60 bux almost..

kingheadz CVD pin retainer and boot set how many tenths you get from this update? i dont even run retainers on my truck with the new set screw setup.. thats alot of money right there..

HD outdrive sets agreed.. i want these too

Clamping Hexes agreed.. got em..

Low friction shock orings from losi 22 lol... how many tenths you get from this update? i do agree, smoother shocks are better.. but really.. a neccessary upgrade in your list.. as you would say.. just drive it..

SCTE shock piston set agreed..another good upgrade.. more tuning options..

More expensive parts that actually aid in performance and not just looks:

BCE Chassis

Hard anodized shock bodies. (No difference until blue anodizing wears off the stockers) how many tenths you get from this update? but i do want these too.. lol.. bling..

Just my honest assesment, since I have been running an SCTE as long as anyone on this forum I really see no reason to upgrade anything else unless you are going for looks. Just drive it!!

Srry ridley.. we can agree to disagree.. its been a long week.. im ready for this weekend.. so i can race...
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NYC Diesel View Post
Hey guys I got a SCTE ARR sittin pretty at my house with these electonics on the way:

HW 120A ESC v2
Tekin Pro 4 4600kv
Spektrum 6030

I have HW ESC's and love their linearity (they make my sensorless motors feel sensored!) and easy programming so it was a no brainer on that. BUT for the motor I did a lot of research and came up with the Pro 4 as the best current motor for the SCT's. The other day I was at my LHS and talking crap with the owner and he said that the Viper motors were now taking over the SCT scene. I am now kind of regretting ordering the pro 4, does anyone out there own both motors and can give a honest review of the performance of both ? Just make me feel a little more comfortable with my purchase. He might have just been trying to push the Viper motors (he stocks them) so who knows, searching for a comparison came up negative. Thanks for any help guys.
The Viper motors are NOT worth the time right now, they started out of the gate with broken motors and I've seen replacement motors do the SAME EXACT thing with the initial motor (spins freely inside the can).

I'm sure they'll fix it but they're only hype and troubleshooting as it stands today.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Sick!! My Dog Russp runs a Sub WRX Wit 200 k. on Her and she still purrs!!!! Damn I owe you a Buck!!!!! Hope this does not affect my trader rating!!!! Wait, I don't have a Rating !! You taint getting Squat!!!!Alright next time I am up Fishin the Delta (For Black Bass)
And Surfin Pleasure Point,I will Track you down and Pony up!!!Do you race at Nor-Cal? BRO?

P.S. All you So-Cal Guys come out and race wit us at Pegasus!! We have about 5-6 guys that may or may not show up any Friday or Sat and they run about 1- sec off the Pro times, and about 3-4 True Sportsman's that run about the same laps but off a hair. Then we have about 8-12 novice or lower Sportsman's....I,....We ,,,need more upper Sportsman drivers at our track!! Please come join us!!!!!!!!!!Montclair Ca,!!!!Not too far!! So-Cal Jared,Oasis,Mr Juarez,Scott Kelly911,Feintmotion,Kevin Smith ,,,All of you!!! And We have some of the best 1/10 Buggy drivers anywhere if that is your deal as well!! Trust me !!! Cheers!!!
I'll be there this Friday all day if the track is open. I'll be racing my copper colored UPS themed truck lol.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
I'll be there this Friday all day if the track is open. I'll be racing my copper colored UPS themed truck lol.
Ive seen pics of that on RCS, looks awesome
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo View Post
The Viper motors are NOT worth the time right now, they started out of the gate with broken motors and I've seen replacement motors do the SAME EXACT thing with the initial motor (spins freely inside the can).

I'm sure they'll fix it but they're only hype and troubleshooting as it stands today.
I had the 5150 it made two laps it wasnt even as fast as my pro 4 4000 then it died, i went through all the touble to install it. Sent it back they said they'd send a pro guage with its return and did not, i dont even wanna install it again. Gta 170 $ paper weight sitten in my pit box now. Copperhead. Plughfffff wish i coulda got a refund!! Tekin is tops in my book. I coulda used that $ for a 4600 for summer.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
I had the 5150 it made two laps it wasnt even as fast as my pro 4 4000 then it died, i went through all the touble to install it. Sent it back they said they'd send a pro guage with its return and did not, i dont even wanna install it again. Gta 170 $ paper weight sitten in my pit box now. Copperhead. Plughfffff wish i coulda got a refund!! Tekin is tops in my book. I coulda used that $ for a 4600 for summer.
Sorry to uear u have issues w the viper... I got the pro gauge sent to me only 3 days after sending in my rma form and my replacement motor a cpl days after that......i have no complaint since they fixed my issue and gave me a $50 programmer for the inconvenience.....
Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Sick!! My Dog Russp runs a Sub WRX Wit 200 k. on Her and she still purrs!!!! Damn I owe you a Buck!!!!! Hope this does not affect my trader rating!!!! Wait, I don't have a Rating !! You taint getting Squat!!!!Alright next time I am up Fishin the Delta (For Black Bass)
And Surfin Pleasure Point,I will Track you down and Pony up!!!Do you race at Nor-Cal? BRO?

P.S. All you So-Cal Guys come out and race wit us at Pegasus!! We have about 5-6 guys that may or may not show up any Friday or Sat and they run about 1- sec off the Pro times, and about 3-4 True Sportsman's that run about the same laps but off a hair. Then we have about 8-12 novice or lower Sportsman's....I,....We ,,,need more upper Sportsman drivers at our track!! Please come join us!!!!!!!!!!Montclair Ca,!!!!Not too far!! So-Cal Jared,Oasis,Mr Juarez,Scott Kelly911,Feintmotion,Kevin Smith ,,,All of you!!! And We have some of the best 1/10 Buggy drivers anywhere if that is your deal as well!! Trust me !!! Cheers!!!
If Kevin Smith goes, we're all just racing for 2nd place It'd be pretty cool if we all got together and put together a day to all meet up and race together and maybe have a beer or two afterwards
Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The Ti turnbuckles bite into the rod ends deeper and don't lose their settings lik the stock one's do.

If you haven't tried the 22 o-rings you don't know what you are missing. Took my truck from barely drivable to 2nd qualifier (out of 25) last weekend.

One thing I think Ridley missed is the racing spring sets. They are much better than the stock springs.

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Srry ridley.. we can agree to disagree.. its been a long week.. im ready for this weekend.. so i can race...
Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
The Ti turnbuckles bite into the rod ends deeper and don't lose their settings lik the stock one's do.

If you haven't tried the 22 o-rings you don't know what you are missing. Took my truck from barely drivable to 2nd qualifier (out of 25) last weekend.

One thing I think Ridley missed is the racing spring sets. They are much better than the stock springs.
22 orings a direct fit? I was gonna try some from my mugen but if these work too great!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.