Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwilkinson View Post
I saw he added that to the quote now haha
Yeah, I think you're the one that missed the sarcasm. It was a joke just in case you missed it.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
LOL, nice change of my text for the quote, but really, if you want to be correct, you need to add a '3 time" in front of your edit

I'm all for some humor though, nice touch!
Sorry champ, I fixed it.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

I have another question for yall.

When you cut the side bumpers off the rock guard do you not have a problem with the side of the body and no side support or allow for parachuting?

Im just use to having my car bodies close to the car.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Personally, I think he hit the nail on the head with his list of very functional, bang for the buck parts.

I can appreciate the aluminum shock collars and caps, but have never had any problem with the plastic shock parts that I still run today. And they're lighter.

Shock standoffs are nice, for sure, and can aid in quick shock adjustments - but I can tell you I think I've moved my shock locations a grand total of once so far.

Aluminum rear hubs are nice, and perhaps they make your bearings last longer, but for $1 a bearing from Avid I'm not too worried about it. I think the dirt and grime will get the bearings before the plastics will.

The parts I do appreciate from the tuning kit are the carbon fiber towers, and I'd probably add those to the list of Ridley's should-haves.

The tuning kit does give you a lot of items for your truck at a very good price. And lets face it .. we're all in love with the truck and what's it hurt to add a few more quality pieces for it? There are no WRONG pieces for this truck. Just need to prioritize what you want. Some people just love to tinker anyway ... it's all a hobby. Enjoy!
I absolutely agree with the shock towers, at least the rear. Something other than stock, anything really, is a necessity I would edit my post but it seems others are enjoying doing that for me

I was trying not to get suckered into another pisssing match, so I was hasty in making my list
Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scracer68 View Post
Sorry champ, I fixed it.
Thanks, lol
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Ive got bce chassis with elite Motor mount. So i wanted to go lower on the pinion but i can barely get away with a 13 tooth, so i went back to my 43 tooth 2.o spur. But the pocket in the bce is not big enough for the spur, so i shimmed up the center diff.
Ridley can you recommend a pinion to start with ? Im using the pro 4 4000 .
I know you mentioned it in the past but ive forgotten. Gna test on friday and work out the temps
Im running at this track, my truck is the white one with white rims , proline malitia body...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxOKl06omM
I run the pro 4 4600, and use a 14T/40.

I have a friend that uses the same 43T 2.0 spur. He insists he can feel a difference in punch with the 43 even though the final ratios are near identical. I would think you should be able to get away with a 17/43 with the 4000kv, at least a 16t. If you can't, there might be some other issues with drag/bind/bearings.

Just watched the vid and saw it's carpet. As you have more traction than dirt, you'll be drawing more amps and creating more heat than dirt. I've never ran carpet personally, so I could only guess you'd have to gear down at least one tooth from a dirt settup.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

got my bce on the 27th.... ordered the 22nd

Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68 View Post
Yeah, I think you're the one that missed the sarcasm. It was a joke just in case you missed it.
Yeah I already commented on that How do you uninstall the internet anyways quit paying the bill?

on that note whos got the box stock setup!?>?! not the one in the manual!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

RCnemisis, thanks for joining the insanity....lol I too have just sat back a watched peeps duke it out on here, I dropped out of the peeing match 6 months ago.

That said, anyone got some input on some good low priced lipos? I have a RX8 and pro4 4600kv on the way and would like to here
1. what lipos peeps are running and the"C" ractings.
2 Any one know of some good lower cost options?
Hobbypartz and hobbyking are both running low on stock hobbyking has stuff but its in china which might be my best option if I have to.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
RCnemisis, thanks for joining the insanity....lol I too have just sat back a watched peeps duke it out on here, I dropped out of the peeing match 6 months ago.

That said, anyone got some input on some good low priced lipos? I have a RX8 and pro4 4600kv on the way and would like to here
1. what lipos peeps are running and the"C" ractings.
2 Any one know of some good lower cost options?
Hobbypartz and hobbyking are both running low on stock hobbyking has stuff but its in china which might be my best option if I have to.
Pro-match hands down has been great for me it's 65 bucks for a 6000mah 60c battery.. 1 year warranty can't beat it... He is hit and miss on stock but took 3 days to get it here didn't sit in customs for 3 weeks A guy at my local track turned me onto them and he finally had one give up the ghost after a awhile and had to buy an orion 90c untill more pro-matches showed up and didn't see a difference at all in laptimes from the orion or anymore punch so I'm thinking the C rating stuff can be kind of blown up
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have had some good and so so experience with Pro Match. Bought two 2 cells packs from them. Both ran great but one puffed so much the hard case separated. I picked up some battery heat shrink and it was fixed. Now my standard is to wrap each battery from the beginning.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by A929ryda View Post
I have had some good and so so experience with Pro Match. Bought two 2 cells packs from them. Both ran great but one puffed so much the hard case separated. I picked up some battery heat shrink and it was fixed. Now my standard is to wrap each battery from the beginning.
Did you contact him? He probably would of sent you a new one right away
Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
This forum is getting rediculous.. i almost dont even read anymore.. chassis debates.. really.. just like dunford said.. this is a hobby.. do what you want with your money.
The views on this thread are over 1.6 million,what else is there left to talk about? It is The Pro-4 truck to have!!!! Now Ridley is one of the most knowledgeable real racers who have been on this thread since day one.That said, he will tell it like he sees it!! A few new upgrade bits coming down the hatch and that's about all that is new to this truck other than the 2 trillion Peeps who pitched the A.E. Truck and jumped over here.So chassis debates, bickering over who likes this and that? I love it!!!!Keep it coming!! It shows the Passion for this hobby and especially this Truck!!!!RX8 -4600 Bce,TLR, blah,blah blah!!!LOL..Pick a set up, spend your $$ How you want and go Play!!!!!!!

![/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I'm a bit suprised on the thinking that the aluminum hubs are "just bling"..I will always run aluminum hubs, biggest reason is you don't get the flex in the hubs..your bearings last longer, no matter how tight you think your plastic hubs are you do get flex, on the chassis I agree with most..run whatever you want....the tune kit is well worth the money, as well as the Lt wt outdrives are. I also think that the stock bearings are not to good either, I'm replacing mine with a set of Boca's ASAP..
They look nice and in the kit it is worth having if your the upgrade guy that is for sure.I have been racing on the same set of Stock rear hub carriers since new! About exactly one year ago!!!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 02-29-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: CUZZ
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

[QUOTE=BmainStar;10403553]
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
This forum is getting rediculous.. i almost dont even read anymore.. chassis debates.. really.. just like dunford said.. this is a hobby.. do what you want with your money.

They look nice and in the kit it is worth having if your the upgrade guy that is for sure.I have been racing on the same set of Stock rear hub carriers since new! About exactly one year ago!!!!
Same here, I race every weekend and ive owned the truck the day it was released. My stockers are still holding up fantastic. PLUS the aluminum carriers weigh more.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok I have a funny to admit...

I thought I had 3k diff oil in the rear diff...

I went to rebuild the front diff and I was going change it from 7k to 3k, sooooooooo I remove the front diff, take it apart and clean it. I grab the 3k diff oil and I notice that its 30000! opps

I pulled the rear that had the "3K' and wow was it thick.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.