Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Suteki
All good, sorted some rubberised ones from rc-skins. Do you find the socks change the handling at all? That's my biggest concern.
no, not from what ive seen, ive run socks on alot of different RC's now and havent really seen any difference
Old 02-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wretchedracing
The King Headz chassis has several different holes for longer braces, they are coming out with their braces soon, I've seen a couple people testing them.
Nice to hear this, I've used many of their products over the years and I have always had great success with their parts, I wish they would have given some options on the battery placement, I do think I am going to order one and see how it works, if it does free up the drivetrain as advertised it will be well worth the money..
Old 02-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I reverse taco'ed the stock SCTE chassis today when I smacked the crown of a triple dead center in the middle of the chassis. Think I will pickup the Bump chassis and the rear chassis brace that NitroHouse sells.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Damn....heck maybe I can still cancel the BCE. Seeing how it's prob not even made yet.

That's a good looking chassis and I bet it ships quicker.
be patient as you'll really like it once its in your hands/truck. im sure you know this, but they are made as they are ordered and not pulled out from the shelves. its the first most succesful, race proven and long lasting chassis there fore they're in high demand. i got mine in 7 business days so im sure you should see yours soon.

oh yeah dont forget to stop and get some mothers billet polish to clean it up!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the input on chassis. Now with what I know about the scte and its weight. How low of weight do you want to go down to?
I have the 4600 pro 4 so how much weight loss will be required?
Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

none, but I would recomend the TRL tuning kit, lightened out drives and the BCE chassis.

My truck is awesome except for the diffs. I am on my 3rd set of rear diff gears and 2nd set of center gears.
I cant wait for the new gears to be available. I run every weeek on a super high bite clay track with slicks. It is hard on the drive train.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by badassrevo
none, but I would recomend the TRL tuning kit, lightened out drives and the BCE chassis.

My truck is awesome except for the diffs. I am on my 3rd set of rear diff gears and 2nd set of center gears.
I cant wait for the new gears to be available. I run every weeek on a super high bite clay track with slicks. It is hard on the drive train.
I got the new gears in my last order from amain.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68
Should have went with the Bump. Better chassis, cheaper, and you would have had it in 3 or 4 days.
In wat way is it better? Cheaper yes, but not better.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
King headz haz a chasssiz

I ordered one, and Im a BCE lover!
http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...roducts_id=939
the motor hangs out over the area of the chassis and is protected solely by the plastic side guards! That is a major no from me. I also find it hideous, but that's neither here nor there.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
In wat way is it better? Cheaper yes, but not better.
I've posted about it before, I ran both chassis of a friends at the track before choosing one. I ran consistently better lap times with the Bump chassis but not by much. I feel for me the Bump handles a little better.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

I've posted about it before, I ran both chassis of a friends at the track before choosing one. I ran consistently better lap times with the Bump chassis but not by much. I feel for me the Bump handles a little better.
That's a much clearer statement than "it's better". You like it better, it works better for you, but the product in and of itself, I would not say is "better".
Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's a much clearer statement than "it's better". You like it better, it works better for you, but the product in and of itself, I would not say is "better".
I agree with that. We can only give our own opinions and own experiences.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Maybe, just cancelled my order. CS is lacking on his part. Not gonna last the way he does business.

King headz here we come..
Some say im impatient, and I am. i just tried to cancel my order too, and The BCE site wouldnt even let me log in(i tried multiple times and it wouldnt recognize my email, and I used the same email adress posted on my reciept)

Either way, I hate to wait, so I just ordered the king headz chassis too.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

the motor hangs out over the area of the chassis and is protected solely by the plastic side guards! That is a major no from me. I also find it hideous, but that's neither here nor there.
The motor does NOT hang out any farther then the stock locating it actually is inbound by a little.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

We run on a large 1/8 scale track and I had consistently slower lap times w/ the BCE chassis as well, no matter the setup I used (granted this was mid last summer). The chassis looked great and was top quality and craftsmanship, but I removed and sold it and never looked back. Biggest issue... it just didn't jump the same on the large doubles and triples. I did give him some feedback, but I'm not sure he made any edits with battery tray location etc so who knows maybe its better now. Again just a personal opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.