Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM
  #29866  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 826
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cavg View Post
For the second time withing a month my diff gears have been destroyed in the rear diff.

1. The bearings in the inserts were wobbly on both sides. Could this be the reason that the gears inside the diff got roasted?

2. Also the ring gear feels a bit sharp in some places, could the bearing wobbliness also cause this?

3. I replaced all bearings and put in a fresh set of gears, from the new mold. Ran 2 packs and it felt good. Is there anything else i need to worry about? Do i need to replace the ring gear/pinion?
I had the exact same issue with the bearings in the rear diff. I'd recommend upgrading from the stock bearing and keep an eye on it (mine would be toast after six packs or so).
Stanford55 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
  #29867  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
Default

Originally Posted by spider882009 View Post
I can't afford the Tekin.

Is anyone running this system in there Ten-SCTE:
Viper R/C Copperhead-R ESC & VX4R.51 4-pole 550 sensorless brushless motor combo (5150KV)

And does anyone have this system new for sale? Amain has it for $149.99 but it is on backorder.
AMain is about the only site i've seen them for sale. They should be back in stock very shortly. Viper RC had a problem with the first batch of motors that came with that system, so they pulled the product until they could take care of the issue. I read a day or two ago, that the new batch is ready to go, so just keep checking amain.

As far as people who have run this system, its brand new, so you won't find much info. on the production model, but there has been a fair amount of discussion from the people who were testing the pre-production model over in the ViperRC thread on this site.
groundpounder30 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM
  #29868  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
cwilkinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Castle Rock, WA
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
That little tub of grease is enough to do 3-6 diffs worth.
This is off topic from tubs of grease but what is the measurement of the TL servo arm from the inside hole to the centerline of servo? I was having issues with my dynamite servo arm on the inside hole.. The linkage was hitting my servo body and wasn't getting very much steering but it felt good with no twitching so considering switching to the losi arm but don't want to have the same issue with hitting the servo case
cwilkinson is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
  #29869  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cwilkinson View Post
This is off topic from tubs of grease but what is the measurement of the TL servo arm from the inside hole to the centerline of servo? I was having issues with my dynamite servo arm on the inside hole.. The linkage was hitting my servo body and wasn't getting very much steering but it felt good with no twitching so considering switching to the losi arm but don't want to have the same issue with hitting the servo case
To get full steering on the inside hole, some servos need to be dremeled even with the TL arm. For instance, my s6090 needed dremeling.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
  #29870  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
cwilkinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Castle Rock, WA
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
To get full steering on the inside hole, some servos need to be dremeled even with the TL arm. For instance, my s6090 needed dremeling.
Alright cause it does help the consistency of the steering running the inside hole but the new layout at the track had a sharp turn I was basically having to use my throttle to get around because I just didn't have enough steering
cwilkinson is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:51 PM
  #29871  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,307
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spider882009 View Post
I can't afford the Tekin.

Is anyone running this system in there Ten-SCTE:
Viper R/C Copperhead-R ESC & VX4R.51 4-pole 550 sensorless brushless motor combo (5150KV)

And does anyone have this system new for sale? Amain has it for $149.99 but it is on backorder.
Originally Posted by groundpounder30 View Post
AMain is about the only site i've seen them for sale. They should be back in stock very shortly. Viper RC had a problem with the first batch of motors that came with that system, so they pulled the product until they could take care of the issue. I read a day or two ago, that the new batch is ready to go, so just keep checking amain.

As far as people who have run this system, its brand new, so you won't find much info. on the production model, but there has been a fair amount of discussion from the people who were testing the pre-production model over in the ViperRC thread on this site.
i like mine so far. Got my updated motor right away from viper. Make sure u get a progauge so u can tweak the settings. But is a nice system so far and i can run w/ all the tekin guys no prob
nitro0619 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:58 PM
  #29872  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
e_lu_sive1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 266
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
i like mine so far. Got my updated motor right away from viper. Make sure u get a progauge so u can tweak the settings. But is a nice system so far and i can run w/ all the tekin guys no prob
no cogging issues?? the motor is sensor less right? i think my brother has the esc..the
esc is sweet..but idk bout da motor..
e_lu_sive1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
  #29873  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (176)
 
Brushless420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St.Pete, FL
Posts: 2,007
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default Viper

Ive got a Copperhead esc and 5150kv motor along with a nip progauge. Pm if your interested.
Brushless420 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
  #29874  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (176)
 
Brushless420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St.Pete, FL
Posts: 2,007
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default The track was a little damp

Brushless420 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM
  #29875  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brushless420 View Post
Good thing you had the mud guards!
Grandturk is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 PM
  #29876  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
gawith0413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,681
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Hey Ryan or Casper,
Is losi looking to upgrade the front spindles to aluminum?
gawith0413 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 PM
  #29877  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
cwilkinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Castle Rock, WA
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brushless420 View Post
ewwww caca

My truck hasn't experienced the great outdoors yet.. Been stuck inside on the clay :P
cwilkinson is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM
  #29878  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,307
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by e_lu_sive1 View Post
no cogging issues?? the motor is sensor less right? i think my brother has the esc..the
esc is sweet..but idk bout da motor..
Nope. Even w a tenshock it was smooth. Just dialed the timing out and it drove great
nitro0619 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
  #29879  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (176)
 
Brushless420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St.Pete, FL
Posts: 2,007
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Good thing you had the mud guards!
LOL. No doubt, boy the helped a ton.That was after knocking off a half pound or so of debris. Drove 25 miles to run and said fug it lets geter done. Gives me an excuse to break it down again and replace some bearings.
Brushless420 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
  #29880  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 334
Default

did anyone have experience in asphalt race and can share the setting ???

Thanks~
Marco926 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.