Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Just got my t-bone front skid plate in, Must have part IMO to longer chassis life.

also got the HD shocks! Nice and smooth!
It acts like a scoop! I put mine under the T-Bone bumper

Well after looking at your picture your still running your stock bumper with the skid. As you can see I didn't have a lot of luck with the skid!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post

Well after looking at your picture your still running your stock bumper with the skid. As you can see I didn't have a lot of luck with the skid!
I gave up on skids for that reason on my nitro, they end up doing more damage ripping the screws out of diff cases. Just plan on buying a new chassis once or twice a year depending on how abrasive of tracks you run on.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I would NEVER run a tbone front bumper for that reason. The stock paired with the Tbone skid never digs.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
Install a Castle BEC and see if the problem goes away.
I thought that the internal bec in the rx8 was strong enough to run everything though.I was looking at the specs on servos last night and it said that the servo im running savox 1267 is a high voltage servo.Im thinking that that combined with the pro4 just might be too much draw.I forgot to say i have two caps on it also.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hd center outdrives

Anybody know where these may be in stock at? thx
Old 02-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ESC question

I'm about to buy a Losi TEN SCTE ARR 4x4 and I'm looking for a decent brushless ESC/motor-combo.

The Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT is economically priced but I've been reading this forum and other that this ESC isn't good for this truck (due to the weight of the truck...). Some other people say they don't have any problems with this ESC... confusing
A lot of posters here state that the Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro SCT edition is the way to go. But I've found this on the Castle-site:
Suggested Applications:
1/10 2wd and 4wd vehicles weighing 6.5lbs or less ready to run with batteries installed. Run this combo with up to 4S max cells. Don't forget, this is a 4 pole motor, so you can gear it higher than 2 pole motors of higher KV.
This MMP esc/motor-combo though has it's price...

What do you guys think of the combo's of Team Orion (R8 - R10)? Is there a Hobbywing-combo suited for this truck?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boba.slave View Post
I'm about to buy a Losi TEN SCTE ARR 4x4 and I'm looking for a decent brushless ESC/motor-combo.

The Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT is economically priced but I've been reading this forum and other that this ESC isn't good for this truck (due to the weight of the truck...). Some other people say they don't have any problems with this ESC... confusing
A lot of posters here state that the Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro SCT edition is the way to go. But I've found this on the Castle-site:

What do you guys think of the combo's of Team Orion (R8 - R10)? Is there a Hobbywing-combo suited for this truck?
The castle sct 2400 system is awesome for general running but too slow for racing if your only alowed to run 2s lipo. But for bashing its a perfect system, the 2400kv motor draws alot less amps than most higher kv motors so the MMP esc works fine. The internal bec in the mmp sux though if you have a strong/fast servo you will want to add an external bec. I ran my 2400 combo with a 18-20t pinion on a 5000mah 3s lipo and temps on both the esc and motor never got to 150.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
i also posted this in the rx8 thread...hoping ill get more opinions on this

alright guys, got one for ya. just got a new esc from the warranty guys at tekin and now my new esc is cogging from a dead stop to full throttle. it only does it when it is not moving. it will cog a few times then take off and be fine untill i stop again. i just tried two new sensor wires and i just took the motor apart and blew it all out. what else could be causing this? battery is fully charged got the good ole rx8 and 4600 in the scte. i also think maybe the sensor board might if gotten hurt from when my esc when up in smoke
I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. Pull the plate off the covers the sensor board and check the three main connection points, A - B - C. I found that one of the connections where it comes from the stator was thin and started to come loose. Just re soldiered it and it solved my issue. Been fine ever since.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by boba.slave View Post

Hobbywing sct-Pro and a Tenshock sc411 motor.. Awesome!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would NEVER run a tbone front bumper for that reason. The stock paired with the Tbone skid never digs.
The Tbone bumper covers the same area as the skid so there's really no point in running the skid. I found it out the hard way but you live and learn.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
how does that work for ya in the heat department. my unit is open and with 0 timing 0 everything pro 4 its running close to 180* dont want to cook any thing jsut yet but its a great idea if you run in mud
Sorry, I should have mentioned about the temperatures in the first place. I got the 810 body in the end of September, since then the temperature outdoors has been around 43F (6-7 Celsius) or less here in northern Europe. Haven't had heat issues running 4 pole Tenshock SC401 and RX8, both with fan, problems will surely occur when the temperature outdoor starts rising again, but that's something I don't have experience yet.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrgunz View Post
Anybody know where these may be in stock at? thx
supperior hobbies orlando fl. i think they will ship
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

The Tbone bumper covers the same area as the skid so there's really no point in running the skid. I found it out the hard way but you live and learn.
Sure it covers the same area...

But the Tbone bumper flex's ALOT. the Stock bumper is a bit stiffer and is less prone to "digging". Ran it last night with no problems. To eachs own. I also don't nose dart alot.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sure it covers the same area...

But the Tbone bumper flex's ALOT. the Stock bumper is a bit stiffer and is less prone to "digging". Ran it last night with no problems. To eachs own. I also don't nose dart alot.
LOL ok dude, but it only take one nose dart for that to happen. I was just saying what happened to me so I'm glad it worked for you.

Actually if you want to be technical about it a nose dart would not make the skid scoop like that. You have to land on the front wheels and the suspension compress all the way to get it to scoop.

Last edited by LosiMadMan; 02-19-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

I've actually just ordered the MMP SCT with 1410 3800kv combo. It's called Mamba Max Race Pro SCT ESC/1410 3800kV Motor 5mm. It is affordable and the esc is the same as the one included in 2400 kv system. That motor is great on 2s and I've used it succesfully in two 2WD SCTs so far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.