Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
No body Is talking to You!!!!!!.......this is not a problem with one truck.....it's with all. I may not have the truck yet......but I already paid for one and it's on it's way.....DO YOU HAVE THE TRUCK???

How are you contributing to the problem??? Your not!!!....your flaming....that's all your doing also. So unless you have a solution.......
Unfortunately no...I do not have the truck, but it will be here Monday. Take some effing accountability for your actions. You purchased the thing before there was any chance to make sure it was going to hold up. you had to have the newest...latest...greatest. If you look back in recent history..most of the time, early adopters get the head ache. I am not disagreeing that Losi/Horizon needs to handle this responsibly, but you have not even rcvd the truck yet...you have no clue whether or not the Losi gnome threw some treated pins in there right before it shipped to you, yet you are bashing a perfectly good company for something you cannot prove....Slander...??

Flaming you yes....but unjustified...no, you have made your comments this is just a counter!!

Oh yeah...i am done. Until I get my truck and I have something constructive to add, I will keep anymore comments to myself.
My apologies for taking up usable space for useful information.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
does anyone know the diameter of the pins? Ill just machine and heat treat some up.
rockford is not to far away could ya help me out if ya can get it done
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Listen guys,

The pins in the SCTE are FAR better than the original pins in the Ten-T. Losi did make a change in the pins. I was going through a trucks worth of pins in one day with my Ten-Te. It was costing me a ton to drive it.
Now I've got 4 packs (a race day) through the SCTE. I tore down the diffs and there is some VERY noticible wear on the pins. Not near what the "old" pins would have had with the same amount of run time. I figure I'll get another 10 packs before the spider gears go bye bye. I figure the new pins are twice as hard as the original ones.

Guys, be patient. Things will get resolved. Although I do feel your pain on the whole June date thing. That would probably make me send back an unused SCTE.

Rage,
Get a hold of me bro. Email, text, pm. I think Trey has my number. Tungsten!! I will gladly pay for your services.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
rockford is not to far away could ya help me out if ya can get it done
yes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

another thing to look at is sourcing a STEEL DOWEL PIN and then cutting the slot for the mesh
Old 03-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am sure Losi is working on it and I'd be very surprised if it takes them till June to get new diff pins out to people. It wouldn't take that long to find a local machine shop to make some up if necessary.

Yes, it sucks, but every new product has issues of some kind. I can't recall buying a car that didn't have some sort of engineering flaw not discovered until the product hit the streets.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and give Losi/Horizon some time to sort it out and come with a solution. They have been given notice about the issue. If they don't get it sorted quickly, then start the bitching, but the truck has barely been out a week.

Part of the problem is that so many of you are such cheap bastards that companies have to cut corners to keep cost low driving production overseas. There is a high cost to be cheap...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J. Schwarz View Post
Unfortunately no...I do not have the truck, but it will be here Monday. Take some effing accountability for your actions. You purchased the thing before there was any chance to make sure it was going to hold up. you had to have the newest...latest...greatest. If you look back in recent history..most of the time, early adopters get the head ache. I am not disagreeing that Losi/Horizon needs to handle this responsibly, but you have not even rcvd the truck yet...you have no clue whether or not the Losi gnome threw some treated pins in there right before it shipped to you, yet you are bashing a perfectly good company for something you cannot prove....Slander...??

Flaming you yes....but unjustified...no, you have made your comments this is just a counter!!

Ok......i'll wait till I get my tuck on Monday. If there is no treated pins then what??? You gonna send me some? You gonna make them for me??? How is your post helping???

There is no reason to have head aches, this is not a new company....I would understand if it was JQ products or Durango.... But this is a very big company.

You don't need to flame me....if you feel the need to flame do it in person not behind a keyboard. I know I don't do it why should you???
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

thanks. someone sitting at home with a caliper measure one of these ill see if I have the stock at work.
Care to make a few extra sets? Let me know how much.

Thanks,
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

yes
cool, want to race it at the club track suck if It broke considering the long wait on parts.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
Ok......i'll wait till I get my tuck on Monday. If there is no treated pins then what??? You gonna send me some? You gonna make them for me??? How is your post helping???

There is no reason to have head aches, this is not a new company....I would understand if it was JQ products or Durango.... But this is a very big company.

You don't need to flame me....if you feel the need to flame do it in person not behind a keyboard. I know I don't do it why should you???
Damn guys, if u dont have the truck and you dont have something constructive to add just STFU!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

thanks. someone sitting at home with a caliper measure one of these ill see if I have the stock at work.
24 mm long 3mm thick and the grove in the middle is 3mm long and 1.5mm deep you make some I will be the first to buy 12 of them
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
I am sure Losi is working on it and I'd be very surprised if it takes them till June to get new diff pins out to people. It wouldn't take that long to find a local machine shop to make some up if necessary.

Yes, it sucks, but every new product has issues of some kind. I can't recall buying a car that didn't have some sort of engineering flaw not discovered until the product hit the streets.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and give Losi/Horizon some time to sort it out and come with a solution. They have been given notice about the issue. If they don't get it sorted quickly, then start the bitching, but the truck has barely been out a week.

Part of the problem is that so many of you are such cheap bastards that companies have to cut corners to keep cost low driving production overseas. There is a high cost to be cheap...
come on man, some of use have no choice but to be cheap bastards, what you one of them rich bastards?lol
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J. Schwarz View Post

Oh yeah...i am done. Until I get my truck and I have something constructive to add, I will keep anymore comments to myself.
My apologies for taking up usable space for useful information.

Discussion about an obvious premature wear issue where the expectation was that the parts had much more life is not slander. The Losi guys were posting in this thread reassuring us that the kits had the new hardened pins. When they make claims like that about the kits, and then it turns out to be untrue, you have to understand there is going to be some shock and awe posts. My biggest problem is the sudden lack of communication from the Losi guys once this discussion started in the thread. They should be pouring forth the information, not avoiding us....
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kotu100 View Post
Damn guys, if u dont have the truck and you dont have something constructive to add just STFU!
And you are???!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCJammer View Post
Discussion about an obvious premature wear issue where the expectation was that the parts had much more life is not slander. The Losi guys were posting in this thread reassuring us that the kits had the new hardened pins. When they make claims like that about the kits, and then it turns out to be untrue, you have to understand there is going to be some shock and awe posts. My biggest problem is the sudden lack of communication from the Losi guys once this discussion started in the thread. They should be pouring forth the information, not avoiding us....
WORD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.