Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 AM
  #2926  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (51)
 
J. Schwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
No body Is talking to You!!!!!!.......this is not a problem with one truck.....it's with all. I may not have the truck yet......but I already paid for one and it's on it's way.....DO YOU HAVE THE TRUCK???

How are you contributing to the problem??? Your not!!!....your flaming....that's all your doing also. So unless you have a solution.......
Unfortunately no...I do not have the truck, but it will be here Monday. Take some effing accountability for your actions. You purchased the thing before there was any chance to make sure it was going to hold up. you had to have the newest...latest...greatest. If you look back in recent history..most of the time, early adopters get the head ache. I am not disagreeing that Losi/Horizon needs to handle this responsibly, but you have not even rcvd the truck yet...you have no clue whether or not the Losi gnome threw some treated pins in there right before it shipped to you, yet you are bashing a perfectly good company for something you cannot prove....Slander...??



Flaming you yes....but unjustified...no, you have made your comments this is just a counter!!

Oh yeah...i am done. Until I get my truck and I have something constructive to add, I will keep anymore comments to myself.
My apologies for taking up usable space for useful information.
J. Schwarz is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:31 AM
  #2927  
Tech Fanatic
 
wcrase101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 764
Default

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
does anyone know the diameter of the pins? Ill just machine and heat treat some up.
rockford is not to far away could ya help me out if ya can get it done
wcrase101 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 AM
  #2928  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (37)
 
S/X Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Listen guys,

The pins in the SCTE are FAR better than the original pins in the Ten-T. Losi did make a change in the pins. I was going through a trucks worth of pins in one day with my Ten-Te. It was costing me a ton to drive it.
Now I've got 4 packs (a race day) through the SCTE. I tore down the diffs and there is some VERY noticible wear on the pins. Not near what the "old" pins would have had with the same amount of run time. I figure I'll get another 10 packs before the spider gears go bye bye. I figure the new pins are twice as hard as the original ones.

Guys, be patient. Things will get resolved. Although I do feel your pain on the whole June date thing. That would probably make me send back an unused SCTE.

Rage,
Get a hold of me bro. Email, text, pm. I think Trey has my number. Tungsten!! I will gladly pay for your services.
S/X Runner is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:36 AM
  #2929  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Benny 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: N. ILL
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
rockford is not to far away could ya help me out if ya can get it done
yes
Benny 13 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 AM
  #2930  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Benny 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: N. ILL
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

another thing to look at is sourcing a STEEL DOWEL PIN and then cutting the slot for the mesh
Benny 13 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:40 AM
  #2931  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I am sure Losi is working on it and I'd be very surprised if it takes them till June to get new diff pins out to people. It wouldn't take that long to find a local machine shop to make some up if necessary.

Yes, it sucks, but every new product has issues of some kind. I can't recall buying a car that didn't have some sort of engineering flaw not discovered until the product hit the streets.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and give Losi/Horizon some time to sort it out and come with a solution. They have been given notice about the issue. If they don't get it sorted quickly, then start the bitching, but the truck has barely been out a week.

Part of the problem is that so many of you are such cheap bastards that companies have to cut corners to keep cost low driving production overseas. There is a high cost to be cheap...
Edumakated is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:40 AM
  #2932  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,190
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J. Schwarz View Post
Unfortunately no...I do not have the truck, but it will be here Monday. Take some effing accountability for your actions. You purchased the thing before there was any chance to make sure it was going to hold up. you had to have the newest...latest...greatest. If you look back in recent history..most of the time, early adopters get the head ache. I am not disagreeing that Losi/Horizon needs to handle this responsibly, but you have not even rcvd the truck yet...you have no clue whether or not the Losi gnome threw some treated pins in there right before it shipped to you, yet you are bashing a perfectly good company for something you cannot prove....Slander...??

Flaming you yes....but unjustified...no, you have made your comments this is just a counter!!

Ok......i'll wait till I get my tuck on Monday. If there is no treated pins then what??? You gonna send me some? You gonna make them for me??? How is your post helping???

There is no reason to have head aches, this is not a new company....I would understand if it was JQ products or Durango.... But this is a very big company.

You don't need to flame me....if you feel the need to flame do it in person not behind a keyboard. I know I don't do it why should you???
arm2storm is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
  #2933  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
thanks. someone sitting at home with a caliper measure one of these ill see if I have the stock at work.
Care to make a few extra sets? Let me know how much.

Thanks,
rfleck is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
  #2934  
Tech Fanatic
 
wcrase101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 764
Default

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
yes
cool, want to race it at the club track suck if It broke considering the long wait on parts.
wcrase101 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 AM
  #2935  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
Ok......i'll wait till I get my tuck on Monday. If there is no treated pins then what??? You gonna send me some? You gonna make them for me??? How is your post helping???

There is no reason to have head aches, this is not a new company....I would understand if it was JQ products or Durango.... But this is a very big company.

You don't need to flame me....if you feel the need to flame do it in person not behind a keyboard. I know I don't do it why should you???
Damn guys, if u dont have the truck and you dont have something constructive to add just STFU!
Kotu100 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:44 AM
  #2936  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: N.H.
Posts: 1,221
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
thanks. someone sitting at home with a caliper measure one of these ill see if I have the stock at work.
24 mm long 3mm thick and the grove in the middle is 3mm long and 1.5mm deep you make some I will be the first to buy 12 of them
Pete G is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 AM
  #2937  
Tech Fanatic
 
wcrase101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 764
Default

Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
I am sure Losi is working on it and I'd be very surprised if it takes them till June to get new diff pins out to people. It wouldn't take that long to find a local machine shop to make some up if necessary.

Yes, it sucks, but every new product has issues of some kind. I can't recall buying a car that didn't have some sort of engineering flaw not discovered until the product hit the streets.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and give Losi/Horizon some time to sort it out and come with a solution. They have been given notice about the issue. If they don't get it sorted quickly, then start the bitching, but the truck has barely been out a week.

Part of the problem is that so many of you are such cheap bastards that companies have to cut corners to keep cost low driving production overseas. There is a high cost to be cheap...
come on man, some of use have no choice but to be cheap bastards, what you one of them rich bastards?lol
wcrase101 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 AM
  #2938  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J. Schwarz View Post
Unfortunately no...I do not have the truck, but it will be here Monday. Take some effing accountability for your actions. You purchased the thing before there was any chance to make sure it was going to hold up. you had to have the newest...latest...greatest. If you look back in recent history..most of the time, early adopters get the head ache. I am not disagreeing that Losi/Horizon needs to handle this responsibly, but you have not even rcvd the truck yet...you have no clue whether or not the Losi gnome threw some treated pins in there right before it shipped to you, yet you are bashing a perfectly good company for something you cannot prove....Slander...??



Flaming you yes....but unjustified...no, you have made your comments this is just a counter!!

Oh yeah...i am done. Until I get my truck and I have something constructive to add, I will keep anymore comments to myself.
My apologies for taking up usable space for useful information.

Discussion about an obvious premature wear issue where the expectation was that the parts had much more life is not slander. The Losi guys were posting in this thread reassuring us that the kits had the new hardened pins. When they make claims like that about the kits, and then it turns out to be untrue, you have to understand there is going to be some shock and awe posts. My biggest problem is the sudden lack of communication from the Losi guys once this discussion started in the thread. They should be pouring forth the information, not avoiding us....
RCJammer is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 AM
  #2939  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,190
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kotu100 View Post
Damn guys, if u dont have the truck and you dont have something constructive to add just STFU!
And you are???!!
arm2storm is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 AM
  #2940  
Tech Fanatic
 
wcrase101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 764
Default

Originally Posted by RCJammer View Post
Discussion about an obvious premature wear issue where the expectation was that the parts had much more life is not slander. The Losi guys were posting in this thread reassuring us that the kits had the new hardened pins. When they make claims like that about the kits, and then it turns out to be untrue, you have to understand there is going to be some shock and awe posts. My biggest problem is the sudden lack of communication from the Losi guys once this discussion started in the thread. They should be pouring forth the information, not avoiding us....
WORD
wcrase101 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.