Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:39 AM
  #29251  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Snapped another hinge pin yesterday. Front this time. You can tell by looking at the break it's just crappy steel. Looks all granulated and almost die cast. Back to the drill blanks, since the ones I made for the rear are holding up great.

Sidenote..I ran the tekin 4600, and it's not light years ahead of the 550 trinity or anything, but it is a bit stronger and the"pull" is different too. Hard to explain, but it's nice.
lowroad is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 06:47 AM
  #29252  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
BradS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
Try some of these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Head-Screw-10

left handed screws. I put some in mine and haven't had any problems since.
I had the same problem and ended up dabbing with super glue to get through the day, will try these. Did you put the lefty screws in all 4 arms?
BradS is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 AM
  #29253  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BradS
I had the same problem and ended up dabbing with super glue to get through the day, will try these. Did you put the lefty screws in all 4 arms?


The LHT screws ONLY Go in the Front Right and Rear Left shocks.
Integra is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 AM
  #29254  
Tech Apprentice
 
BFoley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern, NJ
Posts: 60
Default

Originally Posted by krash'um
Does anyone else have a problem with the screws that attaches the shock shaft to the arms backing out? My left rear and right front always backs out. What or how did you guys fix it? My 2.0 buggy and truggy had the same problem but I just put another screw to hold it down but I'm trying to see if there is another or better fix.
The underlying problem is that the pivot ball is binding/frozen in the lower shock ballend. This results in the ball turning counter clockwise (rather than the ballend pivoting around the ball)as the suspension is compressed and eventually backs the screw out. Free up and lube the ball in the ballend and the issue is gone.
BFoley is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 AM
  #29255  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BFoley
The underlying problem is that the pivot ball is binding/frozen in the lower shock ballend. This results in the ball turning counter clockwise (rather than the ballend pivoting around the ball)as the suspension is compressed and eventually backs the screw out. Free up and lube the ball in the ballend and the issue is gone.
My balls are loose and they still come out (uhhhh that didn't sound right). Left hand thread is fix.
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 AM
  #29256  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
BradS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6
My balls are loose and they still come out (uhhhh that didn't sound right). Left hand thread is fix.
That's what she said... could not resist
BradS is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 08:12 AM
  #29257  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
BradS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone found other diff gaskets that fit well on this truck. Was kind-of surprised to see losi bundles it with other stuff in a rebuild kit.
BradS is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 11:15 AM
  #29258  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Decided to dust off my TLR chassis and give it a spin. -BCE lover

Feint Motion is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 PM
  #29259  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Decided to dust off my TLR chassis and give it a spin. -BCE lover

That looks cracka-lackin (no pun intended)
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 PM
  #29260  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: athens,al
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default spare parts lists

i have no spare parts for my truck. short of buying a roller for spare parts, what should i buy to keep on hand? a -arms?,etc,etc. i have the tlr kit so i shouldnt bust a rear hub or shock towers.
skyler hays is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 01:11 PM
  #29261  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

The only real spares I seem to need are hinge pins. Arms are basically bullet proof. Maybe pick up a bumper set toom
lowroad is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
  #29262  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
BradS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skyler hays
i have no spare parts for my truck. short of buying a roller for spare parts, what should i buy to keep on hand? a -arms?,etc,etc. i have the tlr kit so i shouldnt bust a rear hub or shock towers.
Maybe some body posts, set of arms, shock ends, turnbuckle ends and a spur. This would cover some of the stuff that normally wears out and you would use even if it didn't break. I also like to keep a spare diff around in case one goes out, sucks to get out and race and then break in a qual and not finish the day.
BradS is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 01:50 PM
  #29263  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skyler hays
i have no spare parts for my truck. short of buying a roller for spare parts, what should i buy to keep on hand? a -arms?,etc,etc. i have the tlr kit so i shouldnt bust a rear hub or shock towers.
Wear and Tear
Get-
*HD outdrives
*Bumpers (F/R)
*Center Driveshafts
*Shock rebuild kits
*Few sets of Diff gears if your running a HI powered system
*A screw Kit.
*Skid plates for longer chassis life.
*Body Posts

Things that aren't really needed-

*Arms- they are tough, they last, only way to break them is if your being foolish on the track.

*Hinge pins- Never bent one, again don't hit anything at 100+MPH and your good.

*Axles- bulletproof

*Spur gear- Mesh it right, make sure your motor mount is treadlock'd and tight.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  #29264  
Tech Master
iTrader: (70)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,192
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default replacement parts

Just get the T-Bone Bumpers - bullet proof and lifetime warranty.
Krafcik is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
  #29265  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Wear and Tear
Get-
*HD outdrives
*Bumpers (F/R)
*Center Driveshafts
*Shock rebuild kits
*Few sets of Diff gears if your running a HI powered system
*A screw Kit.
*Skid plates for longer chassis life.
*Body Posts

Things that aren't really needed-

*Arms- they are tough, they last, only way to break them is if your being foolish on the track.

*Hinge pins- Never bent one, again don't hit anything at 100+MPH and your good.

*Axles- bulletproof

*Spur gear- Mesh it right, make sure your motor mount is treadlock'd and tight.
I have broken 3 hinge pins. No pipes, no wall, no where near a hundred, I assure you, they break.
lowroad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.