Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 PM
  #29131  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (176)
 
Brushless420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St.Pete, FL
Posts: 2,007
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ethan5050 View Post
ok well heres an update of my scte.. Well I added a tekin 1900kv motor and 4s lipo.. I also did the emulsion shocks on it... Can you guys tell a good gearing for this setup, and also if that motor is gonna kill the plastic spur gear? Let me know any tips you guys might have for me with this setup thanks...


Heres a tip

I would go 14T or 15T

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html
Brushless420 is offline  
Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 PM
  #29132  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,135
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Late March.
thanks! really looking forward to the steering posts and shock shafts.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
  #29133  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 205
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brushless420 View Post
Those would be fine. Saying you need 60C is ludacris.

In fact I beta tested the Copperhead system for the last 2 months with the 5150kv on 2s and ran those exact packs. So no worries.
K thanks.

Also wouldnt it be the battery that goes poooof if your running to little C rating? how the heck would the motor/esc blow up?

Also Ethan5050, why does your SCTE chassis a brownish color? is that not stock?
KTMDirtFace is offline  
Old 02-09-2012, 10:55 PM
  #29134  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Also Ethan5050, why does your SCTE chassis a brownish color? is that not stock?
Its the TLR Flextune chassis. (watch out for cracks)
Im going to use my TLR chassis, and see if I get the dreaded "crack'd " chassis this weekend on my other scte.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
  #29135  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (176)
 
Brushless420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St.Pete, FL
Posts: 2,007
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
K thanks.

Also wouldnt it be the battery that goes poooof if your running to little C rating? how the heck would the motor/esc blow up?

Also Ethan5050, why does your SCTE chassis a brownish color? is that not stock?
Yes the battery most likely would puff first before anything else. Thats the TLR4000 flex tuned chassis on Ethans truck. Upgrading the shock towers and chassis are the must haves on this truck.
Brushless420 is offline  
Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 PM
  #29136  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 205
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brushless420 View Post
Yes the battery most likely would puff first before anything else. Thats the TLR4000 flex tuned chassis on Ethans truck. Upgrading the shock towers and chassis are the must haves on this truck.
Thanks the info.

I just got my SCTE used from a member here. Roller. has Carbon fiber rear shock tower. and most of the upgrades(i cant remember them all ) I think that are required and a TON of spare parts new in bag. and some skid plates front and rear still in the bag.

Viper Copperhead Motor and ESC gets here tomorrow.

Whats a quality servo I should throw in it? Whats a good torque and speed for this truck?
KTMDirtFace is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:07 AM
  #29137  
Tech Fanatic
 
.AJ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 756
Default

Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Whats a quality servo I should throw in it? Whats a good torque and speed for this truck?
You wont go wrong with a Spektrum H6040 servo
.AJ. is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:25 AM
  #29138  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default LOSB3590 - Diff Grease

Ryan or Casper,
How much diff grease do you put in the diffs when rebuilding.
I think I will stay with this as it feels ok.
This is the grease I am talking about: LOSB3590.
Thx for your help, much appreciated.
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:34 AM
  #29139  
Tech Fanatic
 
.AJ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 756
Default

Originally Posted by vasidudu View Post
Ryan or Casper,
How much diff grease do you put in the diffs when rebuilding.
I think I will stay with this as it feels ok.
This is the grease I am talking about: LOSB3590.
Thx for your help, much appreciated.
V
Losi smart grease would be a better choice
.AJ. is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:50 AM
  #29140  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by .AJ. View Post
Losi smart grease would be a better choice
The grease he is looking at is the same grease used to build the truck at the factory. Why is the smart diff grease a better choice?
LosiMadMan is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 02:41 AM
  #29141  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by .AJ. View Post
Losi smart grease would be a better choice
Any ref pls?
vasidudu is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 02:58 AM
  #29142  
3Q
Tech Apprentice
 
3Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 51
Default Which motor?

Hi there, I've just purchased a new Ten-scte and I've got a MMP, Hitec 7940 servo but no motor as yet. I've got some idea what motor to get for it but I was wondering if I could use a CC 4800kv 540 motor or CC 2200kv 1/8th motor untill I get a 550 sized motor for it? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
3Q is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:16 AM
  #29143  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Originally Posted by 3Q View Post
Hi there, I've just purchased a new Ten-scte and I've got a MMP, Hitec 7940 servo but no motor as yet. I've got some idea what motor to get for it but I was wondering if I could use a CC 4800kv 540 motor or CC 2200kv 1/8th motor untill I get a 550 sized motor for it? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
If you want to race, then you are usually limited to 2s lipo, among the Castle motors the 1410 3800kv is the best for you. Is you can us 3s, then the 1415 2400kv is your friend. I would say that the 2200 is too much
dtr is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 AM
  #29144  
3Q
Tech Apprentice
 
3Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
If you want to race, then you are usually limited to 2s lipo, among the Castle motors the 1410 3800kv is the best for you. Is you can us 3s, then the 1415 2400kv is your friend. I would say that the 2200 is too much
Thanks for your reply, I am thinking of getting the 1410 3800kv but I'm keen to have a drive of my new sct and already have the two motors mentioned above. Will the 2200kv CC fit? Or is it too big? Will the little 540 sized 4800kv 2pole work or is it too small?
Cheers,
Kris
3Q is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 AM
  #29145  
Tech Adept
 
cavg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 154
Default

Originally Posted by 3Q View Post
Thanks for your reply, I am thinking of getting the 1410 3800kv but I'm keen to have a drive of my new sct and already have the two motors mentioned above. Will the 2200kv CC fit? Or is it too big? Will the little 540 sized 4800kv 2pole work or is it too small?
Cheers,
Kris
I'm gonna recommend the Tenshock SC411 4600kv. Go for a sensored motor since you've got an esc that can handle it. I got mine from www.funshobby.com, quick shipping with EMS.

I'm not sure, but i would think you can run the 540 4800kv with very conservative gearing and strict control on temps.
cavg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.