Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
it's also the only one snapping in half and cracking, made form allclad in China.
ok made up my mind.

BCE or Bump
V
Old 02-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vasidudu View Post
ok made up my mind.

BCE or Bump
V
ok made up my mind on the question...
BCE vs Bump?
Any input from anyone is welcome.
Best,
V
Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ok made up my mind on the question...
BCE vs Bump?
Any input from anyone is welcome.
Best,
V
I personally run the BCE and love it.. I'm not gonna knock any other chassis makers but the BCE is the real deal.. You can tell it's high quality aluminum just by the sound it makes when you tap it with your knuckle or something else.. The wear has been unbelievable also! I'm probably easily the top100 worse driver in RC history and this chassis doesn't mind being lawn darted into the face of jumps or small children, elderly, ect.. Now the stock chassis in that scenario was the case of the taco'd tuesdays
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwilkinson View Post
Can someone explain this one too me?????

I just opened a new package of barcodes and punched some holes in them and looked at the tire and im completely confused... One is ribbed one isn't

Is there a reason for this? Just working on the SCTE and saw this, figured I ask you guys
Guess I should start taking a closer look at my tires now
Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii View Post
Guess I should start taking a closer look at my tires now

Lol well I just opened another package hoping they were mismatched nah they match so Im sol haha got 3 ribbed and one non ribbed tire
Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Lol well I just opened another package hoping they were mismatched nah they match so Im sol haha got 3 ribbed and one non ribbed tire
Call JCon and explain. They should be more than happy to send you new ones.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I personally run the BCE and love it.. I'm not gonna knock any other chassis makers but the BCE is the real deal.. You can tell it's high quality aluminum just by the sound it makes when you tap it with your knuckle or something else.. The wear has been unbelievable also! I'm probably easily the top100 worse driver in RC history and this chassis doesn't mind being lawn darted into the face of jumps or small children, elderly, ect.. Now the stock chassis in that scenario was the case of the taco'd tuesdays
I'm with you. After 10 or 12 full packs in the New Mexico Sand and rock, this thing barely has scuffs. It's unbelievable. Driving here is like driving on 60 grit sandpaper, and it eats chassis for breakfast and craps out soft aluminum at dinner, and my BCE still looks bascically new.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I've had my BCE for about 8 months now, and its now starting to wear pm the front end.
I've taken some HARD, i mean HARD impacts, on a 1/5th and 1/8th scale outdoor tracks. I would HIGHLY suggest people run skid plates on their chassis if you want them the last. Not a rant or anything, just my own stupidity of not running and sort of protection. I do have another BCE on the way tho
I came up short on a 15-20ft jump, and it just "shattered" my front bumper completely.

The carnage:

im surprised i didn't break anything else. SCTE's are tanks.

Just need to figure out how to fab up a front skid for this thing for my next BCE. If anyone knows if there is a front skid plate for the SCTE, please do share!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Picking up my TLR TUNING kit today....just curious, any tips installing the adjustable hinge braces? Seems like the back is pretty easy to install, the front however looks pretty dug in, especially the front-back piece.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
im surprised i didn't break anything else. SCTE's are tanks.

Just need to figure out how to fab up a front skid for this thing for my next BCE. If anyone knows if there is a front skid plate for the SCTE, please do share!
I think T-bone racing sells one. Haven't tried it yet
Old 02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
I think T-bone racing sells one. Haven't tried it yet
sweet, just googled it,

http://t-bone-racing.net/Short-Cours...C112-p497.html

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
it's also the only one snapping in half and cracking, made form allclad in China.
Lowroad, that is absolutely not true and is an absolute lie. Technically, this is slander and you could be sued for this. If you have an opinion about another, that is fine, go for it. The forum moderator knows of this now.

The TLR chassis is not made in China and its made of 7075-T6. Due to the flex points we wanted, there have been a couple that have cracked and we have replaced them.

ok made up my mind.

BCE or Bump
V
Please dont believe everyone you hear from or everything you read.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Lowroad, that is absolutely not true and is an absolute lie. Technically, this is slander and you could be sued for this. If you have an opinion about another, that is fine, go for it. The forum moderator knows of this now.

The TLR chassis is not made in China and its made of 7075-T6. Due to the flex points we wanted, there have been a couple that have cracked and we have replaced them.

Hey Ryan, thanks for the input.
I am not getting into any of this.
So for now it is BCE vs TLR vs Bump...
Everybody back in the truck... HAPPY...
V
Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default hinge pin pills

i feel considerable slop in my front and rear arms. I'm using the aluminum hinge pin holders. Disassemble the arms and the pin and the arms are fine but the pills. i could not find any replacement hinge pin pills. Does losi sell the replacement pills? If yes, what's the part #? Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post

Sorry Ryan, I don't scare very easily. Sue me then. The TLR is breaking, the others are not. If it's 7075, it's clearly not as good quality as the others. It's clearly not Losi's best work. Why don't you enlighten us on where it IS made then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.