Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Purchased my BCE chassis from them through Ebay, still took over 2 weeks to get it after paying expedited shipping cost. It's a great chassis but they sure have their share of supply and shipping issues. Contacted them several times during that period and got replies but felt like I was getting the run around, no offers to refund any of the shipping cost though.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Been running indoors. What wt oil, pistons, and springs are best for a dusty hard packed track with big jumps? Im going to be running emulsion as well. Thanks.
Dustin Evans setup with 3 deg rear toe.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

yep the email and contact info were the same ebay and from ordering direct. i have got enough response here to understand the situation thanks for the reassurance its still coming.. thanks again everyone.now lets get back to the scte tips for us slower guys....lol
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeyenut73
yep the email and contact info were the same ebay and from ordering direct. i have got enough response here to understand the situation thanks for the reassurance its still coming.. thanks again everyone.now lets get back to the scte tips for us slower guys....lol
and trust me and anyone else who has a BCE chassis when we say, "it's worth the wait". you won't hear about cracked BCE chassis or how they look like crap after the anodizing wears off. quality material. quality finished product.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
and trust me and anyone else who has a BCE chassis when we say, "it's worth the wait". you won't hear about cracked BCE chassis or how they look like crap after the anodizing wears off. quality material. quality finished product.
The Bump chassis is made from the same thing the BCE chassis's made from and it's also made in the USA. If the anodizing starts to wear and look bad you can always take it off and polish it out to look as good as the BCE.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default diff slop

hey guys, on my center diff where the axles go, there seems to be some slop, so removed the diff and the slop was still there. took it apart to look inside (again) and nothing appears to be wrong.. do the diffs have slop in them its the actual parts where the axles go in, the cups if you will.. i know the axle will have some, but, i dont think the other part should..

damn i hope you can understand what im trying to say

thanks ralph
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Thats tge way they are. Lightened outdrives takes some away but not much. Its all good , go beat up on some dingos and ae 4x4's lol
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Butch Mann
Purchased my BCE chassis from them through Ebay, still took over 2 weeks to get it after paying expedited shipping cost. It's a great chassis but they sure have their share of supply and shipping issues. Contacted them several times during that period and got replies but felt like I was getting the run around, no offers to refund any of the shipping cost though.
This aint Wal-mart Bro!There is not huge warehouses full of ready made chassis siting there waiting to be shipped .These are custom built in small batches for a very select market.The American made quality and what it does for your SCTE should make up for any shipping charge that you have to pay regardless of when it shipped!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I heard a clicking noise when the truck was running. I assumed it was a chipped diff gear. When the truck stopped I looked at the pinion and thought it was funny that the gear mesh was about 1/8" too wide. I thought the adjustment screw on the mount feel out. Then I realized that the shaft was just flopping around in the motor.
sounds like my novak ballisic
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

tekin 550 4.5 or trinity 550 4.5? please help!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

New viper esc motor combo!! When ever they decide to release them lol
I have one on B/O since black friday. Any info anyone?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
The weight of the pinion is insignificant compared to the side load the pinion is putting on the shaft trying to turn the spur gear in a heavy truck like the SCTE. The motor is capable of producing over a HP. That's roughly 200 in/lbs of force. The bearings on the Pro4 motors are also roughly 50% closer together than the 550 motors. The same force at the pinion will cause the shaft to deflect at a greater angle in the Pro4 vs a 550. By doubling up the bearing you are reducing it's load by 50%.

The bearing that failed in my motor destroyed the retainer. The only way this can happen is overloading the bearing and spreading the balls apart until the retainer fails. The bearings in the Pro4 are probably close to their design limit under normal circumstances, add the shock load from landing a jump at full throttle and you could easily overload the bearing.

Chris

I get what your saying but I dont think there is much sideload from the pinon/spur under load. The only load I could think of would be if you run your pinion/spur mesh loose and the pinion is slaping the spur or visversa and its creating a little downward force on the pinion/outshaft.

I just dont see any type of load when we have to fixed peices meshing, AKA Motor/Spur. Both are set in place and work with each other hence why I say the mesh between both could cause a bearing to fail at higher speeds if its loose and there slaping, It's very possibly if you think about it we would just never be able to tell, If anything they would slap together while in the air and on and off the gas.

im having a hard time explaing what im trying to say im tired hopefully it makes some sense.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
I was informed it is very close. I wish I could say when for sure.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Mine should be here tomorrow or Thursday. It's a tester with the most recent firmware. I'm curious to see how it stacks up.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There will always be side load due to the way the gears are cut. As soon as you pull the trigger, the 2 gears try to push away from each other. Seems like the extra bearing in the mount would help spread the load that creates.
jus my $.02.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.