Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lethal19 View Post
I am looking more more motor choices I run at an indoor clay track it is kinda short and tight I am running a 4.5t sonic right now with a 12t pinon and I can't seem to use all the motor except on the stright but every where else on that track I get cough easy by the sc10's that everyone seems to own there what would be a good choice for motor and pinon size?

I run a Mamba Monster as a SC
I dont remmber if the Mamba monster is sensored as well but the tekin pro4 4000kv is suppose to have lots of torque and great speed. I guess there's a difference in feel between the 4000kv delta wind and the 4600kv Wye wind.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68 View Post
I'm getting ready to order new shock pistons and was wondering if anyone has tried the m2c pistons? If so would you recomend them over the Losi piston set?
I currently use them. They definitely make a big difference both compression and rebound wise. Start with 30wt oil and you should be within 2.5 of where you will need to be.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get replacement drag link screws without buying the drag links & hardware package (LOSB2279)?

Was hoping there were some generic screws I could buy since they seem to come packaged from Losi.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68 View Post
I just ordered the CNC 7075 Lightweight Bump Chassis for Losi TEN-SCTE and the TLR Tuning Kit Combo from nitrohouse.com for $189.95. I've read nothing but good things on the Bump chassis so I couldn't pass up on the deal. Here's the link if anyone is interested. http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
Thats a great deal!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good day at the track today. Like a few of you I have been fighting a loose rear end on my scte. This weekend I wanted to try and fix that issue. I turned down my Pro4 4000 to 75 for current for starters.
At the track I changed to a lighter rear sway bar after my first run. Didnt notice much of a difference. I then swapped the rear springs to lighter ones. Didnt feel much of a difference either. Finally I played with the rear toe. I went to 4 degree and found the rear grip I was looking for. BUT it came at the price of steering. For the main I tried 3.5 toe which helped a little but it still wasnt enough steering.
Thinking of moving the lower rear shock position towards the inside. Right now its on the 3rd hole outside.

The track is part clay part dirt, I am running 3-3-2, aka ss enduros with Dustins setup.
I was going to try 3-3-1 but I ran out of time. Also thinking of trying 7-5-3 maybe.

Just wanted to share my experience from today.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yfzracer912 View Post
Good day at the track today. Like a few of you I have been fighting a loose rear end on my scte. This weekend I wanted to try and fix that issue. I turned down my Pro4 4000 to 75 for current for starters.
At the track I changed to a lighter rear sway bar after my first run. Didnt notice much of a difference. I then swapped the rear springs to lighter ones. Didnt feel much of a difference either. Finally I played with the rear toe. I went to 4 degree and found the rear grip I was looking for. BUT it came at the price of steering. For the main I tried 3.5 toe which helped a little but it still wasnt enough steering.
Thinking of moving the lower rear shock position towards the inside. Right now its on the 3rd hole outside.

The track is part clay part dirt, I am running 3-3-2, aka ss enduros with Dustins setup.
I was going to try 3-3-1 but I ran out of time. Also thinking of trying 7-5-3 maybe.

Just wanted to share my experience from today.
Try the Lane setup but run 3 degrees rear toe and 25-27.5 wt. oil in the rear.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Try the Lane setup but run 3 degrees rear toe and 25-27.5 wt. oil in the rear.
If rebars work for u then u might wanna try pink hb beams for a little more traction......
Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I had the front bearing fail in my Pro4 last weekend. Tekin sent me a replacement rotor and bearing under warranty, but I was concerned that it may happen again.

I decided that it would be a good idea to add a bearing to the mount if possible. I measured the mount and the hole in it is exactly 11mm. So I bought a 5x11x3mm bearing today and it pressed in with light pressure. It should almost halve the load on the bearing on the motor.

I was not able to run my truck today, so I can't tell you if it added any load on the motor, but it seemed to spin free enough.

Chris
Old 01-22-2012, 09:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
If rebars work for u then u might wanna try pink hb beams for a little more traction......
+1, my favorite tire for this truck! Although I have not tried rebars yet...
Old 01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Hey guys,

I had the front bearing fail in my Pro4 last weekend. Tekin sent me a replacement rotor and bearing under warranty, but I was concerned that it may happen again.

I decided that it would be a good idea to add a bearing to the mount if possible. I measured the mount and the hole in it is exactly 11mm. So I bought a 5x11x3mm bearing today and it pressed in with light pressure. It should almost halve the load on the bearing on the motor.

I was not able to run my truck today, so I can't tell you if it added any load on the motor, but it seemed to spin free enough.

Chris
You know I had the same thoughts! I know Elite RC mounts come with a bearing to take some of the load off of the motor, let us know how that pans out for ya! It might be very well worth getting a few, and for a $1 a bearing from avid, might be worth trying!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Chris
Great idea! I'll be giving that a shot..
Old 01-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Chris
Sounds like a great precautionary move. I gotta try it out.
Where did you find the 5x11x3 bearing?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Chris
Chris,Let us know if it helps or hurts performance......I dont see it hurting unless it creates drag on the motor.....
Thanks,Donnie.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Where exactly did you put the bearing? Do you have any pictures?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have the TLR torque brace on the rear of my truck and broke one of the rod ends. Does anyone know a replacement part for that end?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.