Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AgroAMG View Post
Same part number, they do look slightly different. Losi said that there is nothing wrong with the old gears, simply that the mold to create the old gears was worn out and so they made a new mold and new gears come from that.

EDIT: Pic attached this time
Looks like a big difference to me..........machine wise......
Old 01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
Looks like a big difference to me..........machine wise......
Absolutely. Just that I remember seeing Losi people post on this thread saying that the old gears were not bad. It's not like the issue with the pins where they were not hardened. simply that they couldnt make any more with that old mold so they created a new one and now these new gears are here, and yes they look different. Do they actually last or perform better? TBD, right? If I was buying some, I would want the new ones. Why not.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Help

Hey Guys,

I'm really asking a dumb question here, but I can't figure it out. I'm changing out the diff drives for the lighten ones, but I can't figure out how the drives come out. I don't want to just stick a screwdriver and pry it off, that can't be right? How do they come out? I'm stuck, could really use a helping hand, thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default LOSB3568

Hi guys,
Something strange here: just bought 2 x LOSB3568 (Diff Seals / Shims / Pins & Gasket).
Problem is one pack has the ""4 little squares and 4 TINY shims" in which I suppose the pins go into.
The other pack does NOT...
Any advice on this?
Cheers,
V
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AgroAMG View Post
Same part number, they do look slightly different. Losi said that there is nothing wrong with the old gears, simply that the mold to create the old gears was worn out and so they made a new mold and new gears come from that.
Yes the new gears are different. They have a little better surface finish and more gear teeth contact. There really were not a lot of gear failiures with the old gears which is why we will continue to say there really was not anything wrong with the old gears. That does not mean you cannot improve them if given the chance.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tanman11 View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm really asking a dumb question here, but I can't figure it out. I'm changing out the diff drives for the lighten ones, but I can't figure out how the drives come out. I don't want to just stick a screwdriver and pry it off, that can't be right? How do they come out? I'm stuck, could really use a helping hand, thanks in advance.
U have to dissassemble the diff. Refer to ur manual for a breakdown of parts
Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Yes, but in 4wd he's consistently faster than me.

I'm bummed that it is raining. I got my new Pro4 4600, glued up a new set of tires, fixed my suspension binding issues and put a solid setup on my truck for this weekend. I was hoping to put in a decent showing.
i'm hoping they do off-road next sunday. i can't go this sunday even if there's racing.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
U have to dissassemble the diff. Refer to ur manual for a breakdown of parts
OK, should have been more specific, but I did disassemble the diff. That's where I'm stuck, I've worked on my Bajas, but I have never had a small diff like this. I have both ends with the gears on them, I'm not sure how to get the drives out of each side. I have the drive, the bearing, and the gear with the case on one side. I looked at the manual, but it doesn't really say. I must be missing something, but I could use help. Still trying to figure out why the drive won't come out. When you guys changed out to lighten drives, how did you do it? Thanks again.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

OK, should have been more specific, but I did disassemble the diff. That's where I'm stuck, I've worked on my Bajas, but I have never had a small diff like this. I have both ends with the gears on them, I'm not sure how to get the drives out of each side. I have the drive, the bearing, and the gear with the case on one side. I looked at the manual, but it doesn't really say. I must be missing something, but I could use help. Still trying to figure out why the drive won't come out. When you guys changed out to lighten drives, how did you do it? Thanks again.
pull the gear up and off (it may stick from the grease, but it will come up). what you'll see is a pin going into the outdrive. pull the pin out. the outdrive should now be able to be pulled out. you're then left with the shim (washer) and the o-ring which is seated in the metal diff insert.

same thing for the cup half. use some needle nose pliers to pull the gear up (after you have taken the pins and spider gears out) and then it's the same as above.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know about a part many have asked me for and that is just the piece that bolts onto the motor that slides in the mount and we are calling it the motor adapter...it should be on the site soon and can be ordered.

LOSB2427 - Motor Adapter
Old 01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Stick needle nose pliers in and pull the sun gear out its just sitting on a pin tgrough the outdrives
Old 01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

1. open the diff
2. remove gears
3. remove pin
4. profit
Old 01-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

You need to completely disassemble the differential to remove the outdrives to sawp for the lightened and stronger outdrives. You should refer to the "exploded view" pamphlet that came with your truck, it shows exactly how they come apart.

Remove the 4 screws, separate the diff in half, then remove the gears (use tweezers or just turn it upside down in a bowl, dump the stuff out. Then you see each of the outdrives sticking out with the pin holding them in and the washer under. start disassembling, pull the outdrive out, then reverse the order. Be sure to grease the outdrives, and make sure to not mess up the o-rings, dont put solvenet on them, they swell. I put some loc-tite RTV sealant around the hex inserts that go in to the diff housing just to make sure they are sealed. wait 45-60 mins for it to cure, wipe off residue where the o-ring will go, etc.

Just look at the exploded view.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
pull the gear up and off (it may stick from the grease, but it will come up). what you'll see is a pin going into the outdrive. pull the pin out. the outdrive should now be able to be pulled out. you're then left with the shim (washer) and the o-ring which is seated in the metal diff insert.

same thing for the cup half. use some needle nose pliers to pull the gear up (after you have taken the pins and spider gears out) and then it's the same as above.
Thanks PHREAK!!! I guess the grease was holding it, and I didn't want to use something without asking. My luck, I would have broke something, but it came off with the needle nose.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Do I need to seal the graphite shock towers from the TLR tuning kit with super glue? I was also going to purchase the Jammin center brace with the transponder holder. I was wondering if I had to seal that also. I remember from the days of touring cars all the graphite was sealed do to splitting. Thanks....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.