Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
Well today was a absolute nightmare, i switched the pinion and after setting the mesh and tightening down the screw with very little force the screw stripped. Ive set my mesh many times and alot of wrenching in the past but have never seen anything happen to a screw like this. So now i am stumped, i have a rounded off screw and i cant set my mesh if i switch pinions. Someone mentioned to me that i could cut a slot in the screw and use a screwdriver to get it out, is there ANY other way? It is driving me nuts i cant stand to look at it! And there is NO WAY i will be leaving it like that.
If it is not copletely rounded out, get a new allen wrench or grind the tip of the one you have. Place a small dab of automotive valve grinding compound (preferred) or some abrasive powdered cleanser (such as Comet) in the screw head. You can generally get enough bite to get remove the screw. If the screw is thread locked in, heat it first with a soldering iron to release the thread locker.
Worth a try before you start grinding.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

I'm going to buy a new set of rim's and tire's for this coming spring but I've only owned 2 different type of tire's before just got back into the hobby this year so I'm not sure what type would be good. I've owned the Proline Gladiators and Calibar's for my stadium truck.

The track I race on has alot of loose top to it and with the calibars they load up with dirt and are packed solid so those are out of the question and the Gladiators kinda of did the same thing.

So with that being said what's a good tire for a loose top soil that wont pack into the tread's???
(The stock Losi' SCTE tire's dont load up but I want something different) I think there was some sort of AKA brand tire I saw that looked like it may work and other people were running but I can't remmber the name.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Just ran the new nanotech's 6.6 batteries. I got 16 minutes of solid race pace runtime. Cutoff set to 3.4 per. Charged them back up and they took 6884mah back in.

These are my new favorite batteries.
That's awesome I'm going to pick up one before spring if everyone else doesn't buy them out
Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
I'm going to buy a new set of rim's and tire's for this coming spring but I've only owned 2 different type of tire's before just got back into the hobby this year so I'm not sure what type would be good. I've owned the Proline Gladiators and Calibar's for my stadium truck.

The track I race on has alot of loose top to it and with the calibars they load up with dirt and are packed solid so those are out of the question and the Gladiators kinda of did the same thing.

So with that being said what's a good tire for a loose top soil that wont pack into the tread's???
(The stock Losi' SCTE tire's dont load up but I want something different) I think there was some sort of AKA brand tire I saw that looked like it may work and other people were running but I can't remmber the name.
AKA Enduros
Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
AKA Enduros
This was always my "go to" outdoor tire
Old 01-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I was having the exact same issue with calibers recently. Swapped to panther boas, and whoa boy, they are perfect for this situation. Went from zero traction to pretty damn good traction.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Proline gladiators work pretty good and I've had good luck with AKA cityblocks.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vasidudu View Post
Hi there Feint Motion,
Quick question: is this the rear chassis brace you are using?
If so, is this a direct fit?
Thx for your feedback.
Best,
V
Yes that is it. You might find it really quite stuff on the BCE. I run the AE one just like that but it is plastic. Strong, but give you just a bit of flex. Might be good to try both depending on the track.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

It the loose dirt wet? Gladiators are great for loose dry dirt, but wet/damp clay type dirt will pack them up. For sticky clay type dirt you need a tire with bigger separation between the blocks.

I'd try the following in this order:
1. Panther BOA - These seem to have the biggest tread spacing in a block type tire that I have seen.
2. Losi Eclipse - These are actually pretty good in the conditions you describe.
3. Pro-Line BowFighter - These will work as long as the dirt is not sticky clay. Will pack up faster than the Eclipse.
4. Pro-line Subcultures - Don't ask me why but these seem to unclog themselves really well in damp conditions even though they have tight pin spacing. I have a friend that uses them all the time no matter what the conditions are.
5. AKA Enduro - These will pack up a little faster than the BowFighter.

Do not try these:
City Blocks - In my experience they will pack up severely in sticky conditions

Last edited by ChrisAttebery; 01-20-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AgroAMG View Post
Yes that is it. You might find it really quite stuff on the BCE. I run the AE one just like that but it is plastic. Strong, but give you just a bit of flex. Might be good to try both depending on the track.
I have found the plastic RC8 brace adds too much stiffness when combined with the BCE chassis and I now run the stock brace . On the stock chassis however the plastic RC8 brace works great .
Old 01-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
I have found the plastic RC8 brace adds too much stiffness when combined with the BCE chassis and I now run the stock brace . On the stock chassis however the plastic RC8 brace works great .
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I recently went back to the stock plastic brace on my BCE chassis too. I had been running the machined aluminum brace from day one and I tried the torque rod too. The plastic brace lets the chassis flex more and creates more rear traction.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by trailtubes View Post
Can anyone tell me if rpm (or anyone else) makes rod ends that will fit these trucks? I am getting the HA balls, but I can see that the rod ends are stretched out. How about aluminum ones? I have so much slop in my steering, its almost impossible to set my toe in/out. Thanks.
Anyone???
Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

sold.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post
Take a Dremel and a cutting wheel and cut a line across the center of the cap head. You can then use a flat head screw driver to remove the screw. If you don't use a good quality hex set "Losi Hex's fit the Losi screws best" the screws can easily strip. The Losi hex's are not cheap but they are the best investment for my Losi vehicles I have made. Don't forget to use some Loctite on the screw and don't bare down on it when tightening it.

These are my favorite hex's but Losi make some other set too.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-set-LOSA99104
This is the method i used and it worked, i also use the losi 8 in 1 tool. And that is what i was using when it stripped. But its out now and i think i'm going to replace that screw with a cap head screw and a cone washer. Something like the link below, the washer mostly for looks but ill be sure not to make this mistake again, On my servo i switched to 4-40 flat head screws with cone washers just for looks, but noticed the screws in the front of the servo are longer then the others, so i will need to get a 5/8" flat head for the front in order for it to work. I think? lol!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Head-Screws-10

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Cone-Washer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.