Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

its too bad you cant get the tekin pro4 4600kv in a motor/esc combo.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

so the tekin pro4 4600kv motor with the tekin rx8 esc would toss my losi ten t around like a rag doll if i go with that setup? also will the tekin pro4 4600kv motor bolt up to the motor mount that i bought.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darryl80
so the tekin pro4 4600kv motor with the tekin rx8 esc would toss my losi ten t around like a rag doll if i go with that setup? also will the tekin pro4 4600kv motor bolt up to the motor mount that i bought.
won't have the low end rip of a decent set up on 3s (like the castle 1415), but yes, it will mount right up to the stock losi mount.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Alvin,

My truck jsut seems like it lacks traction in the rear. Unless I am smooth on throttle the back end kicks out or it just smokes the tires. I've watched the others in my class an they seem to be able to throw their trucks around without losing control. I'm ran Panther Raptor SS tires this weekend on both of my trucks. My 2wd was the most hooked up it has ever been since I bought it. The 4wd was traction rolling earlier in the day. I lowered it to 25mm and it was powersliding around corners and seemed really loose.

I swapped the SC4X 4.5 with a HT rotor for a Pro4 4000k this week. It seems smoother so I'm hoping that will cure most of the problem. I'd still like to smooth out the handling though. I'm thinking moving the weight back will give the truck more rear traction and maybe make it a little more stable overall.

I looked at your setup sheet and I am really close to your setup. I'm using 3 degrees antisquat, outside-outside all shocks, heavy sway bar front and soft rear.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
those motors have a ton of rip.....you wont be able to get the new 4 poles for a few weeks...all the rest are in stock...

Wait for the 4 pole 5mm shaft.....

how hot?

i talked to Billy today at Trinity....he said he is waiting on the shipment of 5mm shafts.......might be worth the wait though!...i have the 7200kv on order!...
I went ahead and got the tekin pro4 4600kv for now anyways I have two races next week will probably get the revtech when I get to AZ, I saw the 7200kv might consider that for touring car for speed runs and fun I think thats wayyyyy too much motor for anything else
Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Alvin,

My truck jsut seems like it lacks traction in the rear. Unless I am smooth on throttle the back end kicks out or it just smokes the tires. I've watched the others in my class an they seem to be able to throw their trucks around without losing control. I'm ran Panther Raptor SS tires this weekend on both of my trucks. My 2wd was the most hooked up it has ever been since I bought it. The 4wd was traction rolling earlier in the day. I lowered it to 25mm and it was powersliding around corners and seemed really loose.

I swapped the SC4X 4.5 with a HT rotor for a Pro4 4000k this week. It seems smoother so I'm hoping that will cure most of the problem. I'd still like to smooth out the handling though. I'm thinking moving the weight back will give the truck more rear traction and maybe make it a little more stable overall.

I looked at your setup sheet and I am really close to your setup. I'm using 3 degrees antisquat, outside-outside all shocks, heavy sway bar front and soft rear.

Thanks,

Chris
Hey Chris I have been battling rear traction for weeks now I was about ready to throw my truck in the trash today just so frustrated. I ran my truck all stock except diffs I had setup 5-7-3 and the truck worked great I thought it could be better so when I bought my Bump chassis I went through and lightened alot of parts as well as changed to a pro4 motor and changed my setup completly. After all the changes I tryed it out and it was terrible and I have been battling it ever sence I had tryed every setup possible and my rear end was just loose I could drive it but man what a pain. Tonight I realized the one difference I was forgeting from back when I was happy with the truck, the rear sway bar when it was stock I did the diffs and removed the rear sway bar and when I made all the changes I went thick front sway and thin rear but that was still too much no sway is the way to go for rear traction, it is crazy how much better it handles much less slide out entering corners.
Give it a try and let me know what you think
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Hey guys,

Last saturday race night I was having problems with traction rolling and the car felt really "twitchy" I race at hot rod hobbies and was wondering if any of the setup sheets losi has on their website would be a good setup for a track like that (medium size, outdoor, 1/8th and 1/10th, technical) Also, I just replaced the balls and rod ends and the front ends still feels pretty sloppy, but it feels like its coming from the steering rack, any ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any recommendations on a body that is a little thicker and more durable than the stock one?

This truck is awesome! I raced it for the first time this past Sunday stock out of the box settings and it finished 2nd in a 10 minute Amain even with my erratic driving.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitewolftracing
I saw the 7200kv might consider that for touring car for speed runs and fun I think thats wayyyyy too much motor for anything else
Its not to much if you can keep from pulling the trigger so hard!....LOL!

Just because you have a ton of power,doesnt mean you can use all of it......but,Its "Nice "to know you have some rip in reserve!.................................Especiall y for tha striaght's!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
My servo took a crap on me, was a futaba high torque was kinda slow, whats a good server in the 100-200$ range?
I really like the Associated 1015 servo. I've got several of these now. Its got a lifetime warranty. I had one die and sent in, no questions asked I had a new one about a week and a half later.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb Here's the Trick...

Alvin,

Thanks,

Chris
4600 is alot of power... so much so with the heavy dif oils your running your overpowering all the wheels, I recomend 3/3/1 yes 1000 in the rear beleve me it will cure the rear end comming around and calm the whole truck down. You will loose zero speed but gain full control of your SCTE. I know it's alot of work to change your dif oils..... try it.... your gonna smile!
Originally Posted by adubaz7
Hey Chris I have been battling rear traction for weeks now I was about ready to throw my truck in the trash today just so frustrated. I ran my truck all stock except diffs I had setup 5-7-3 and the truck worked great I thought it could be better so when I bought my Bump chassis I went through and lightened alot of parts as well as changed to a pro4 motor and changed my setup completly. After all the changes I tryed it out and it was terrible and I have been battling it ever sence I had tryed every setup possible and my rear end was just loose I could drive it but man what a pain. Tonight I realized the one difference I was forgeting from back when I was happy with the truck, the rear sway bar when it was stock I did the diffs and removed the rear sway bar and when I made all the changes I went thick front sway and thin rear but that was still too much no sway is the way to go for rear traction, it is crazy how much better it handles much less slide out entering corners.
Give it a try and let me know what you think
Originally Posted by rcpro31
Hey guys,

Last saturday race night I was having problems with traction rolling and the car felt really "twitchy" I race at hot rod hobbies and was wondering if any of the setup sheets losi has on their website would be a good setup for a track like that (medium size, outdoor, 1/8th and 1/10th, technical) Also, I just replaced the balls and rod ends and the front ends still feels pretty sloppy, but it feels like its coming from the steering rack, any ideas?

Thanks
Run 27 mm Ride hight and you can fool with the droop screws to help also! Increse camber from 2* to 3*... always helped me.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Wink Jconceprs bodys

Originally Posted by krash'um
Any recommendations on a body that is a little thicker and more durable than the stock one?

This truck is awesome! I raced it for the first time this past Sunday stock out of the box settings and it finished 2nd in a 10 minute Amain even with my erratic driving.
The Jconcepts body are much thicker and to me stronger thanthe Proline. Check out the New Chev. body or any Hiflow! Goodluck!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
I really like the Associated 1015 servo. I've got several of these now. Its got a lifetime warranty. I had one die and sent in, no questions asked I had a new one about a week and a half later.

100% False.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by krash'um

I really like the proline flo-tek body.. good lookin style..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Alvin,

Thanks,

Chris
Place the battery as far back as it will go will help with rear traction, Also move the rear hubs to the front so the 3 spacers are in the back will also give more rear traction. How do you have your turnbuckles mounted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.