Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 PM
  #27361  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Benny 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: N. ILL
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by darryl80 View Post
i am either looking at buying a mamba max pro or a tekin pro 4 setup.
i ran the heck out of a mamba max pro for an indoor season and outdoor. and always placed within top 3. then got a good deal on a rx8. their is no comparison of how smooth and powerful the rx8 is compared to the mmp.
Benny 13 is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
  #27362  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
darryl80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

i have been told the tekin 4600kv motor with the tekin rx8 is a great combo.
darryl80 is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
  #27363  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by darryl80 View Post
i have been told the tekin 4600kv motor with the tekin rx8 is a great combo.
It seems to be THE combo too run . I have an RX8 ESC that I run the Castle 1410 motor on and I like it even though it isnt sensored .
BashemSmashem is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 PM
  #27364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
darryl80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

for the speed i am looking for i would need 20T, 22T, 24T pinions. i came across a tekin pro4 3300kv motor/tekin rx8 esc combo on ebay. i know i am buying a pair of nano tech 2s batteries.
darryl80 is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
  #27365  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
darryl80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

its too bad you cant get the tekin pro4 4600kv in a motor/esc combo.
darryl80 is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
  #27366  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
darryl80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

so the tekin pro4 4600kv motor with the tekin rx8 esc would toss my losi ten t around like a rag doll if i go with that setup? also will the tekin pro4 4600kv motor bolt up to the motor mount that i bought.
darryl80 is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 PM
  #27367  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,135
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by darryl80 View Post
so the tekin pro4 4600kv motor with the tekin rx8 esc would toss my losi ten t around like a rag doll if i go with that setup? also will the tekin pro4 4600kv motor bolt up to the motor mount that i bought.
won't have the low end rip of a decent set up on 3s (like the castle 1415), but yes, it will mount right up to the stock losi mount.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 PM
  #27368  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Alvin,

My truck jsut seems like it lacks traction in the rear. Unless I am smooth on throttle the back end kicks out or it just smokes the tires. I've watched the others in my class an they seem to be able to throw their trucks around without losing control. I'm ran Panther Raptor SS tires this weekend on both of my trucks. My 2wd was the most hooked up it has ever been since I bought it. The 4wd was traction rolling earlier in the day. I lowered it to 25mm and it was powersliding around corners and seemed really loose.

I swapped the SC4X 4.5 with a HT rotor for a Pro4 4000k this week. It seems smoother so I'm hoping that will cure most of the problem. I'd still like to smooth out the handling though. I'm thinking moving the weight back will give the truck more rear traction and maybe make it a little more stable overall.

I looked at your setup sheet and I am really close to your setup. I'm using 3 degrees antisquat, outside-outside all shocks, heavy sway bar front and soft rear.


Thanks,

Chris
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
  #27369  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Nitewolftracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
those motors have a ton of rip.....you wont be able to get the new 4 poles for a few weeks...all the rest are in stock...

Wait for the 4 pole 5mm shaft.....

how hot?


i talked to Billy today at Trinity....he said he is waiting on the shipment of 5mm shafts.......might be worth the wait though!...i have the 7200kv on order!...
I went ahead and got the tekin pro4 4600kv for now anyways I have two races next week will probably get the revtech when I get to AZ, I saw the 7200kv might consider that for touring car for speed runs and fun I think thats wayyyyy too much motor for anything else
Nitewolftracing is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
  #27370  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Alvin,

My truck jsut seems like it lacks traction in the rear. Unless I am smooth on throttle the back end kicks out or it just smokes the tires. I've watched the others in my class an they seem to be able to throw their trucks around without losing control. I'm ran Panther Raptor SS tires this weekend on both of my trucks. My 2wd was the most hooked up it has ever been since I bought it. The 4wd was traction rolling earlier in the day. I lowered it to 25mm and it was powersliding around corners and seemed really loose.

I swapped the SC4X 4.5 with a HT rotor for a Pro4 4000k this week. It seems smoother so I'm hoping that will cure most of the problem. I'd still like to smooth out the handling though. I'm thinking moving the weight back will give the truck more rear traction and maybe make it a little more stable overall.

I looked at your setup sheet and I am really close to your setup. I'm using 3 degrees antisquat, outside-outside all shocks, heavy sway bar front and soft rear.


Thanks,

Chris
Hey Chris I have been battling rear traction for weeks now I was about ready to throw my truck in the trash today just so frustrated. I ran my truck all stock except diffs I had setup 5-7-3 and the truck worked great I thought it could be better so when I bought my Bump chassis I went through and lightened alot of parts as well as changed to a pro4 motor and changed my setup completly. After all the changes I tryed it out and it was terrible and I have been battling it ever sence I had tryed every setup possible and my rear end was just loose I could drive it but man what a pain. Tonight I realized the one difference I was forgeting from back when I was happy with the truck, the rear sway bar when it was stock I did the diffs and removed the rear sway bar and when I made all the changes I went thick front sway and thin rear but that was still too much no sway is the way to go for rear traction, it is crazy how much better it handles much less slide out entering corners.
Give it a try and let me know what you think
adubaz7 is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
  #27371  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)
Default

Hey guys,

Last saturday race night I was having problems with traction rolling and the car felt really "twitchy" I race at hot rod hobbies and was wondering if any of the setup sheets losi has on their website would be a good setup for a track like that (medium size, outdoor, 1/8th and 1/10th, technical) Also, I just replaced the balls and rod ends and the front ends still feels pretty sloppy, but it feels like its coming from the steering rack, any ideas?

Thanks
rcpro31 is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 PM
  #27372  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
krash'um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land of Aloha
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Any recommendations on a body that is a little thicker and more durable than the stock one?

This truck is awesome! I raced it for the first time this past Sunday stock out of the box settings and it finished 2nd in a 10 minute Amain even with my erratic driving.
krash'um is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 AM
  #27373  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Factory Seal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Memphis,TN.
Posts: 3,977
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nitewolftracing View Post
I saw the 7200kv might consider that for touring car for speed runs and fun I think thats wayyyyy too much motor for anything else
Its not to much if you can keep from pulling the trigger so hard!....LOL!

Just because you have a ton of power,doesnt mean you can use all of it......but,Its "Nice "to know you have some rip in reserve!.................................Especiall y for tha striaght's!
Factory Seal is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 AM
  #27374  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
D.a.v.e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East, Michigan
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
My servo took a crap on me, was a futaba high torque was kinda slow, whats a good server in the 100-200$ range?
I really like the Associated 1015 servo. I've got several of these now. Its got a lifetime warranty. I had one die and sent in, no questions asked I had a new one about a week and a half later.
D.a.v.e is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 AM
  #27375  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,120
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb Here's the Trick...

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Alvin,

My truck jsut seems like it lacks traction in the rear. Unless I am smooth on throttle the back end kicks out or it just smokes the tires. I've watched the others in my class an they seem to be able to throw their trucks around without losing control. I'm ran Panther Raptor SS tires this weekend on both of my trucks. My 2wd was the most hooked up it has ever been since I bought it. The 4wd was traction rolling earlier in the day. I lowered it to 25mm and it was powersliding around corners and seemed really loose.

I swapped the SC4X 4.5 with a HT rotor for a Pro4 4000k this week. It seems smoother so I'm hoping that will cure most of the problem. I'd still like to smooth out the handling though. I'm thinking moving the weight back will give the truck more rear traction and maybe make it a little more stable overall.

I looked at your setup sheet and I am really close to your setup. I'm using 3 degrees antisquat, outside-outside all shocks, heavy sway bar front and soft rear.


Thanks,

Chris
4600 is alot of power... so much so with the heavy dif oils your running your overpowering all the wheels, I recomend 3/3/1 yes 1000 in the rear beleve me it will cure the rear end comming around and calm the whole truck down. You will loose zero speed but gain full control of your SCTE. I know it's alot of work to change your dif oils..... try it.... your gonna smile!
Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Hey Chris I have been battling rear traction for weeks now I was about ready to throw my truck in the trash today just so frustrated. I ran my truck all stock except diffs I had setup 5-7-3 and the truck worked great I thought it could be better so when I bought my Bump chassis I went through and lightened alot of parts as well as changed to a pro4 motor and changed my setup completly. After all the changes I tryed it out and it was terrible and I have been battling it ever sence I had tryed every setup possible and my rear end was just loose I could drive it but man what a pain. Tonight I realized the one difference I was forgeting from back when I was happy with the truck, the rear sway bar when it was stock I did the diffs and removed the rear sway bar and when I made all the changes I went thick front sway and thin rear but that was still too much no sway is the way to go for rear traction, it is crazy how much better it handles much less slide out entering corners.
Give it a try and let me know what you think
Originally Posted by rcpro31 View Post
Hey guys,

Last saturday race night I was having problems with traction rolling and the car felt really "twitchy" I race at hot rod hobbies and was wondering if any of the setup sheets losi has on their website would be a good setup for a track like that (medium size, outdoor, 1/8th and 1/10th, technical) Also, I just replaced the balls and rod ends and the front ends still feels pretty sloppy, but it feels like its coming from the steering rack, any ideas?

Thanks
Run 27 mm Ride hight and you can fool with the droop screws to help also! Increse camber from 2* to 3*... always helped me.
XXXDad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.