Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darryl80 View Post
what motor/esc would you recemmend to me the smallest lipo i will go is 3s.
A guy at my LHS runs the RTR with a 3s and he is exploding bearings and twisting drive shafts in two. My truck is just as fast and I run 2s with a pro4 and a RX8. He has a little more bottom end, but I'm running no timing and 75% power.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation

[QUOTE=adubaz7;10148647]
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post

Sounds like an interesting setup I may give it a try after some testing tomorrow what track do you run at I would like to compare it to the tracks I run at if you have a video I would love to see it, also I asume the oil weights listed are with cut bladders correct?
yes cut
http://youtu.be/T7EbEEmkEdI
Old 01-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 268 (100%+)

if you mate the appropriate motor with the right lipo size you should be fine.

From what I have read, 2400Kv would work really well on 3S, at least what the guys who converted there ten-ts to 810 brushless setups are using which is what darryl80 is looking to do.

The electric vehicle will have A LOT more torque than your nitro darryl80 even on a 2S setup.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Chris - I think you're referring to the Savox 1258TG. But he said in the $100-200 price range. So, I'll just sell him mine for $100. =)

That Savox and the Spektrum 6040 work really well in the truck.
Savox 1258 tg. All you need. Gets it done. And you can buy some tires with the rest of that money
Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

You are asking for recommendations about a different vehicle, be careful of the advice you get, it may not apply to the TEN-T with the bigger tires it has.

I've told you the same thing, many times, that most people in here are going to tell you. Tekin RX8 with a Pro 4 4600 on 2s will make that truck super fast and you'll have a very reliable setup. You can buy cheaper electronics and make it go fast you just start to gamble the reliability.

The nano tech 6000-6600 will be great batteries. They offer the best power/weight/price option in many peoples opinion.

I'm having a hard time understanding where your insistence to run 3s comes from? You have zero lipo or brushless experience. Can you please help me understand so I can better help you?

As for racing the TEN-T, there really isn't a class for it.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I ues the Castle SCT 2400 system and its awesome on 3s with a 17-20t pinion. Great speed and lowend torque. I occasionally race with it as well and while its not the fastest on a 2s lipo it can be done. The other nite I took second in a feild of 8 in the A-main. The slower motor forces you to run clean. That was on a small indoor though, if your racing on a bigger track you will definatly want a higher KV motor for 2s.
I have a fan but there really is no need as it hardly ever even hit 120*
Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I've been fighting the handling of my truck since I put it together. I converted a TEN-T so I never had a stock truck to compare it to. I went straight to the BCE chassis and lightened everything I could. My truck weighed 6lb 2oz RTR with a SC4x motor. My weight distribution was 51.5/48.5 with the battery all the way back. The truck tended to dart around. So I've been investigating the reasons why. I started playing with adding weight to the rear end of the chassis and it seems to help. I got the distribution back to 49/51 with about 3 oz at the rear of the chassis. It was getting better, but I felt like it should still be a bit farther back. Today I decided to check my son's RTR. It is at 47/53 with the battery all the way back.

I'm looking at moving the battery and ESC as far back as I can. It looks like there should be room to move them about 1.5" rearward. This should move the weight distribution back about 2% and allow me to move some of the added weight.

Anyone have any input on this?

Chris
Old 01-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

anybody know of anyone besides ofna that makes 1/8" bore mod 1 pinions? the biggest ofna makes is 16T and i'd like a 17T. i know about bore reducer sleeves. tried that once, pinion came off, don't want to go there again.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The other day I was about 10 packs deep from racing and my car died. I checked and my new Nano-tech 5.6 hard cased must have arc'd around the + connector as the case is melted right there slightly and my positive bullet connector had unsoldered itself. I re-soldered it, went back out and that pack ran another 5 minutes. Ran another 5-8 packs through the truck the rest of the day, zero issues. I wonder WTF up with that. Oh well, no harm no foul.

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson View Post
You are asking for recommendations about a different vehicle, be careful of the advice you get, it may not apply to the TEN-T with the bigger tires it has.

I've told you the same thing, many times, that most people in here are going to tell you. Tekin RX8 with a Pro 4 4600 on 2s will make that truck super fast and you'll have a very reliable setup. You can buy cheaper electronics and make it go fast you just start to gamble the reliability.

The nano tech 6000-6600 will be great batteries. They offer the best power/weight/price option in many peoples opinion.

I'm having a hard time understanding where your insistence to run 3s comes from? You have zero lipo or brushless experience. Can you please help me understand so I can better help you?

As for racing the TEN-T, there really isn't a class for it.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AgroAMG View Post
The other day I was about 10 packs deep from racing and my car died. I checked and my new Nano-tech 5.6 hard cased must have arc'd around the + connector as the case is melted right there slightly and my positive bullet connector had unsoldered itself. I re-soldered it, went back out and that pack ran another 5 minutes. Ran another 5-8 packs through the truck the rest of the day, zero issues. I wonder WTF up with that. Oh well, no harm no foul.
This is not all that uncommon if you have a loose bullet connector. Just make sure you plugs go in tight.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
This is not all that uncommon if you have a loose bullet connector. Just make sure you plugs go in tight.
yep. Had that happen once with those cheap spring type bullets. I switched to a more substantial type of bullet, the type with the 4 slits, and no issues. The battery that the corner melted on is still working fine too.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

+1 It use to happen to me all the time when I had my sc10 4x4 with saddles. Either I didn't get the connector in all the way or they got jar'd loose.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They fit, but not super duper tight. They are the ProTek ones I believe. The ones that I got as a recommendation from Tekin when I emailed in. In the center I pushed a small allen wrench in and it widened all the prongs and make it fit really snug inside. I did that after i re-soldered and didn't have an issue. You're probably right, it probably was a little too sloppy/loose.

Tonight I take my truck to the track for the first time in my life (just a practice night there at SDRC)! I'm stoked.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i use those bullets too and i have one in my touring car that i've had to do that with to get it to grip, the others have been fine, but again you can always just use a hex wrench to widen them to get them to grip the tube more if it loosens.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

trying to find purple front springs and green rear springs...can you buy them individually or you have to buy the whole set?

thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.