Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Any know the size shim to use for the rear diff ring n pinion? I think the ring n pinion are still good but it has so much front to back play and my truck sounds like a lawn mover lol
Old 01-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

[QUOTE=adubaz7;10142386]Hey guys I am looking for some help with my setup please give as many setup changes as possible to fix my problem.
Problem is on my track we have two straights both with a high speed corner at the end they are short but fast sections my issue is that when I let of the throttle to setup for the corner the rear of the truck washes out/over steers I have tried all I can to keep this from happening and I am at a loss please give me some ideas

Front setup

0 Toe
-1 camber lower hole for link
outer shock upper
outer shock lower
Gold or Purple spring
#5 piston 37.5 oil Emulsion
Full droop plus end unscrewed 2 turns
7K diff
Thickest sway bar
32mm ride height without body

Center
7K diff

Rear setup

-3 Toe
#1 inserts in giving minimum anti squat
-1 camber outer hole and lower hole for link
inner hole for upper shock
center hole for lower shock
silver rear spring
#3 piston 27.5 oil emulsion
Full droop
4K diff oil
Thinnest sway bar
30mm ride height

Bump chassis
Light weight mods truck weighs 6 pounds 1 ounce RTR with body and battery
MMP W/Bec Pro 4 4600kv savox servo

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I have added in the setup items I forgot in my original post as for tires I have used every tire out there except the Hot bodies tires wich I plan to try soon, for now I like the Proline snipers best.
The track I run at is an outdoor medium bite medium to large track hard pack with some top soil. One thing that is kind of odd with this track is that it seems as though you are always turning even the straight away is almost like you kind of apex around the track coming on the straight and all the way to the next corner. I will post a video of the track with me running another guys truck but the video is very decieving as it looks like all the jumps and bumps are small and easy also it looks like I am going very slow this is because it was filmed from the drivers stand it looks really weird to me but I will post so you guys have a good idea of the layout. Also the track does not look very technical due to not being able to see the size of everything but anyways let me know what you guys think.

As for the changes I will be making tonight to try out in practice tomorrow I will leave the suspension as I have expermented with that many times already with very little change and it seems to work well as is but I will be changing my diff oils as that does make sense to me that maybe the center and rear are too heavy I will leave the front at 7 and change center to 3 and rear to 3 making 7-3-3 I will let you know what I find.

Thanks alot guys I appreciate all of your input.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Here is the video not the best quality done on a Phone but good enough to see the track.
His truck handles very well it is all stock with Fantom 4.5 it is easy to drive and sticks well to the track but I cannot run his truck as fast as mine best lap with his is a 25.8 and with mine I have gotten a 24.9 but it is on the edge alot more so I am trying to keep the speed mind is capable of with the stability of stock I have noticed that setup at full weight is not the same as setup on a light weight truck like mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_pAe...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
i got stock spur, 40t, and a 13t pinion.. 150 temp..
ran mine for the first time tonite, stock spur and 12T pinion. Small indoor track. Never got above 130
Old 01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Initiate

does anyone run the trinity monster horsepower 4.5,do u like it?
when is the rev tek suppost to come out?

thanx
Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cuppcake80

thanx
I run the 5.5 and it's crazy insane. 4.5 would be more so. Maybe someday.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

thanx
I run the 4.5, with a LRP Sphere TC, 12t pinion. Gets a little on the hot side after our 8 min. mains. But other than that, no complaints.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thanx
I'm looking at trying to get the Revtech 4800kv 4pole am currently in florida and a hobby shop here said they could order one for me and have it in in a few days I'm waiting for them to call me back to make sure its the 5mm shaft not 1/8" shaft if not that I'm gonna run the tekin pro4 4600kv
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

What kind of run time everyone getting please list motor & battery size thank you.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kahuna2793
What kind of run time everyone getting please list motor & battery size thank you.
Not sure on run times yet but run the mmp, venom 5000mah 40c/80c burst, and one of the two motors I llisted above (revtech 4800kv or tekin pro4 4600kv probably running a pinion of 13-15?16?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Difs too heavy

[QUOTE=adubaz7;10147249]
Originally Posted by adubaz7
Hey guys I am looking for some help with my setup please give as many setup changes as possible to fix my problem.
Problem is on my track we have two straights both with a high speed corner at the end they are short but fast sections my issue is that when I let of the throttle to setup for the corner the rear of the truck washes out/over steers I have tried all I can to keep this from happening and I am at a loss please give me some ideas

Front setup

0 Toe
-1 camber lower hole for link
outer shock upper
outer shock lower
Gold or Purple spring
#5 piston 37.5 oil Emulsion
Full droop plus end unscrewed 2 turns
7K diff
Thickest sway bar
32mm ride height without body

Center
7K diff

Rear setup

-3 Toe
#1 inserts in giving minimum anti squat
-1 camber outer hole and lower hole for link
inner hole for upper shock
center hole for lower shock
silver rear spring
#3 piston 27.5 oil emulsion
Full droop
4K diff oil
Thinnest sway bar
30mm ride height

Bump chassis
Light weight mods truck weighs 6 pounds 1 ounce RTR with body and battery
MMP W/Bec Pro 4 4600kv savox servo

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I have added in the setup items I forgot in my original post as for tires I have used every tire out there except the Hot bodies tires wich I plan to try soon, for now I like the Proline snipers best.
The track I run at is an outdoor medium bite medium to large track hard pack with some top soil. One thing that is kind of odd with this track is that it seems as though you are always turning even the straight away is almost like you kind of apex around the track coming on the straight and all the way to the next corner. I will post a video of the track with me running another guys truck but the video is very decieving as it looks like all the jumps and bumps are small and easy also it looks like I am going very slow this is because it was filmed from the drivers stand it looks really weird to me but I will post so you guys have a good idea of the layout. Also the track does not look very technical due to not being able to see the size of everything but anyways let me know what you guys think.

As for the changes I will be making tonight to try out in practice tomorrow I will leave the suspension as I have expermented with that many times already with very little change and it seems to work well as is but I will be changing my diff oils as that does make sense to me that maybe the center and rear are too heavy I will leave the front at 7 and change center to 3 and rear to 3 making 7-3-3 I will let you know what I find.

Thanks alot guys I appreciate all of your input.
Put 3/3/1...... in the difs..... you will not be sorry.... and check your center dif for the outdrive rubbing. Try it you'll like it!
Shocks:
Front> New Black spring #3 piston 32.5 W
Rear> New Orange Spring #4 piston 30 W
Run 27 mm Ride hight
2* camber front and back
Make sure no drag brake.

Last edited by XXXDad; 01-09-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a shock rebuild kit for the SCTE shocks that don't include all the extra parts I don't need? I would like just the o-rings. I thought there was another brand of o-ring that would work, but I can't remember who makes them, not losi.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Here is the video not the best quality done on a Phone but good enough to see the track.
His truck handles very well it is all stock with Fantom 4.5 it is easy to drive and sticks well to the track but I cannot run his truck as fast as mine best lap with his is a 25.8 and with mine I have gotten a 24.9 but it is on the edge alot more so I am trying to keep the speed mind is capable of with the stability of stock I have noticed that setup at full weight is not the same as setup on a light weight truck like mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_pAe...ature=youtu.be
Nice looking track !
Old 01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=adubaz7;10147249]
Hey guys I am looking for some help with my setup please give as many setup changes as possible to fix my problem.
Put the battery as far forward as it will go, it will really help on fast off power sweepers.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

does anybody know of a metric screw conversion for this car? I only ask because every other car I have is metric and it would be nice to have everything I own be metric...if not I'll have to order some more standard tools

anybody?

Last edited by NitroLuver; 01-10-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.