Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j65mustang View Post
i as well as many people at my track have gotton the new losi 4x4 and its a very good truck. but we have ran into some problems with the truck, like cracked front drive shaft, and now all of our shafts that goes through the spider gears in all of the diffs, are worn badly and bent. talked to some losi drivers and heard that the pins were not hardned and causing the problem. just curious if anyone else has run into this problem while changing diff oils.
I havent broken any drivetrain parts yet, but while taking my diffs apart last night to replace the grease with oil, I noticed that the rear planet gears (i guess what everyone is calling spider gears) have wear on them on the backside, right where the small washer is. It looks as if the surface has been chamfered, and one of the gears is worn enough that there is contact with the little square keepers. The front diff looked fine, and I havent gotten to the center diff yet. But this was only after about 6 races on the truck.

Anyway, seems I'll need to rebuild the rear pretty soon.

Anyone having the same issue?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default servo ?

will the xp ds1313 servo be ok for this truck or should i get something else? only reason i ask is because i have one. if not whats a good servo to use
xp ds1015? or ???

thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-money View Post
wow this thread moves fast! I know some one asked about chassis protectors and i went to take pics of mine and by the time i got back here there where two more pages. and here is the fresh body.well for those who care here are the pics.

Can you tell me about your chassis protector? Looks like spray on bedliner. Details and links please, I like it.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Grip Tape........BB
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
Can you tell me about your chassis protector? Looks like spray on bedliner. Details and links please, I like it.
looks like ABS plastic
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everyone,

Well after 3+ years of being out of the hobby, I just purchased an SCTE a few days ago from Hot Rod Hobbies. I also purchased a Mamba Max Pro SC combo from Ultimate Hobbies. I'm fairly new to 1/10th scale brushless so I'm wondering if you guys can help me out. I was wondering what cheap lipo batteries are you guys running? I looked on www.hobbypartz.com and saw their Gen Ace lipo batteries. I know I should be running at least a 3S, but should I go for 30C, 40C, 55C? What about the mah, 5000mah? 11.8V or 14.8V?

What about a 2S to use as a backup? What rating features?

Thanks all!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bordhead View Post
looks like ABS plastic
Ah yeah, I see that now. Is that really a wise move? Taking away ground clearance significantly it seems.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

will the xp ds1313 servo be ok for this truck or should i get something else? only reason i ask is because i have one. if not whats a good servo to use
xp ds1015? or ???

thanks
deff not the 1313 i have the 1015 and its perfect ,its a heavy truck and i would have something around or if not more than 200oz
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Buggy Brad View Post
Grip Tape........BB
I'll bet that creates a good bit of drag on the car when it bottoms out.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Hey everyone,

Well after 3+ years of being out of the hobby, I just purchased an SCTE a few days ago from Hot Rod Hobbies. I also purchased a Mamba Max Pro SC combo from Ultimate Hobbies. I'm fairly new to 1/10th scale brushless so I'm wondering if you guys can help me out. I was wondering what cheap lipo batteries are you guys running? I looked on www.hobbypartz.com and saw their Gen Ace lipo batteries. I know I should be running at least a 3S, but should I go for 30C, 40C, 55C? What about the mah, 5000mah? 11.8V or 14.8V?

What about a 2S to use as a backup? What rating features?

Thanks all!

I would recommend the 2S for two reasons, 3S is really fast and sometimes uncontrollable, also, if you decide to race, most tracks only allow 2S. You will be fast on a 2S lipo. Keep in mind that the faster you go the more parts you will break when you crash.

I would also recommend you go with 40 C rating for a 2S. GEN ACE is a very good Lipos, it come hardcased and the price is great. Just my .02. Good Luck and welcome back!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

What's all this talk about protecting the bottom of your chassis. Are these rigs being used to race or sit on a shelf?? I don't get it. WTF!!!! Don't get me wrong all your ideas are great and would be even better if it was a "showroom car" but it's a racing rig, it needs to get a few scratches on it.

Common fellas, it can't stay pretty for ever!! I'm all for a great looking lid and the rig being all cleaned up but really?????........protecting the bottom from scratches??? Just my .02.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
What's all this talk about protecting the bottom of your chassis. Are these rigs being used to race or sit on a shelf?? I don't get it. WTF!!!! Don't get me wrong all your ideas are great and would be even better if it was a "showroom car" but it's a racing rig, it needs to get a few scratches on it.

Common fellas, it can't stay pretty for ever!! I'm all for a great looking lid and the rig being all cleaned up but really?????........protecting the bottom from scratches??? Just my .02.
+1

I see people with those front and rear guards on too.. they always cause more trouble than good out racing.. it changes how the chassis rubs through bumps, how it lands and if you happen to have carpet or any material on jumps etc where you race they will eventially get caught up and cause a blip or a wreck. Even banged up a chassis will last you years.. LOL then just buy a replacement off ebay or sell the truck as a roller and grab a new one
Old 03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

If you already have the 1313 I would just use it. The 1015 is only 12% more powerful. I doubt it will make or break the way the truck drives. You can always upgrade later if it's not enough, right?

xp ds1015? or ???

thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
If you already have the 1313 I would just use it. The 1015 is only 12% more powerful. I doubt it will make or break the way the truck drives. You can always upgrade later if it's not enough, right?
thats the plan...thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I would recommend the 2S for two reasons, 3S is really fast and sometimes uncontrollable, also, if you decide to race, most tracks only allow 2S. You will be fast on a 2S lipo. Keep in mind that the faster you go the more parts you will break when you crash.

I would also recommend you go with 40 C rating for a 2S. GEN ACE is a very good Lipos, it come hardcased and the price is great. Just my .02. Good Luck and welcome back!!!

Thanks for the reply back! Maybe I should rethink my strategy and go with 2 2S lipos and 1 3S lipo as a backup. Here's the 2S I'm looking at: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...case-2222.html
I assume the 50C rating gives me a little bit longer run times? I feel like such a newb lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.