Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Losi aluminum collars on my shocks are so tight that I can not adjust them with my fingers. I even lubed the orings thinking they were dry and holding them up.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Merry Christmas everyone! Just wanted to say I'm onboard! I have followed, and lurked on this thread from page 1. I just got one for myself, and one for the gf for Christmas gifts. I bought all the carbon fibre parts, and I am waiting for the Viper Copperheads to come out (jusy want to try them, for the price I can't see how you can go wrong. Like I said, I have read the thread, but I'm sure I'll have some questions, just like everyone else. Not really a newbie, I have some 5Ts, and 5Bs, and 2 Slashes. I can always use good advice, though. Going to Glamis for 10 days, I'll be asking questions when I get back. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by crashryan20 View Post
just painted and mounted up this sc10 contender body like Feint Motion above. i got the body positioned as best as i could but the rear tires stick out a little from the fenders causing the tires to rub against the sharp edge of the body and then on up into the fender wells. will this be a major issue?
I added a small bit of camber to the rear wheels to help compensate this issue. You can also fender roll the lexan with a bit of heat to help the clearance.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Rx8 set up

Its been a while since I've been posting but I just got the rx8 and 4 pole pro 4. What do you guys recommend for initial set up to keep the temps down and best batt life. Thanks
Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harleyhoots View Post
I don't think I have cross threaded it. I. An take it off and put the plastic one on and it threads just fine.
The plastic has more tolerance to the dirt in the threads then the metal on metal. Take an xacto knife and follow the threads and then clean them with a tooth brush. Put some oil on the o-ring, slide it on and then spin the collar as if you are loosening it until you feel the threads drop past the end and then try threading them on. As I said earlier there is absolutely no need to use pliers to get the collars on and off.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Is there an aftermarket rod end with metal ball for our SCTE? I have the 1st gen SCTE and the aluminum balls on all my rod ends are all worn out.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

need some help.......6 times I've tried to refill the front diff with 3k.
Each time I assemble the diff and everything spins like butter until the 4 screws are tight,it then binds completely. Back the screws off two turn and it spins just fine retighten screws and binds. If i leave the screws backed off I'm going to loose all the fluid...right. Please what am i missing.
inserts are bottomed out and glued in.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gilley11 View Post
Each time I assemble the diff and everything spins like butter until the 4 screws are tight,it then binds completely. Back the screws off two turn and it spins just fine retighten screws and binds. If i leave the screws backed off I'm going to loose all the fluid...right. Please what am i missing.
I ran into this issue, did you sand your diff case at all? that can lead to "shortening" the diff case, causing the the diff gear mesh to press harder when you tighten the diffs screws back in.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sir miles View Post
Merry Christmas everyone!

Is there an aftermarket rod end with metal ball for our SCTE? I have the 1st gen SCTE and the aluminum balls on all my rod ends are all worn out.

Losi has HA balls now

Do you have your washers after the o ring? What about the gasket
Old 12-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I picked this up 2nd hand but I was told that it only has 5min on it and thats what the chassis shows. He said that he had issues with getting it running but it was motor/esc related. Now i wonder if the diff was binding and it was the issue causing the isssue.
When i removed the diffs it had the blackish grease in it so I assume he did not sand them
I have assembled them in both washer above o ring and without as some have done. With shims between diff pin blocksand without.

Could the sun gear pin recess not be deep enough? I have read about gear issues but just wasn't sure this is what others have run into.

Thanks for the help
Old 12-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man the little Chinese kid who assembled my SCTE went crazy with the grease!! The front diff was completely filled with grease out side and in!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

I picked this up 2nd hand but I was told that it only has 5min on it and thats what the chassis shows. He said that he had issues with getting it running but it was motor/esc related. Now i wonder if the diff was binding and it was the issue causing the isssue.
When i removed the diffs it had the blackish grease in it so I assume he did not sand them
I have assembled them in both washer above o ring and without as some have done. With shims between diff pin blocksand without.

Could the sun gear pin recess not be deep enough? I have read about gear issues but just wasn't sure this is what others have run into.

Thanks for the help
Has your diff case been sanded? thats the only reason I can see with the diff binding like that. Try a new diff case.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Old 12-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Put 2 gaskets together for tight diffs! Doesn't hurt a thing.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the help

Can you snap a few close up pics? Inside and out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.