Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:24 AM
  #26356  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leominster,Ma.
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by Jedev View Post
I won't run the DE wheels again until they change their plastic formula. Too flexible for my taste and I ended up cracking two of them in the hex area making them unusable. My black wheels never cracked but the silver ones did.
Ive cracked quite a few de wheels in my day.went back to stock losis and havent had a problem since.The de wheels are fine for a 2wd but i have a feeling the 4wd is just a tad bit heavy for that soft plastic there using.
Losi57 is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 11:26 AM
  #26357  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Double post sorry
Panda-PR is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 AM
  #26358  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Thank you NWD !! That was very cool. I try to help out as many people that I possible can at the track. I was gonna do teh install for free but he insisted that he give me cash for the install. Thanks again

The hard anodized thing you see on the motor is a 3 racing alum heat sink. I used this back in the day when I was racing electric sedan. Found it again in one of my r/c cargo carriers and snapped it in the tekin motor. You can also use the team associated heat sink as well. Here's a pic I took afew weeks ago of my car.

I've been seeing a lot of people using their lipos direct, what plug is that? TIA
Panda-PR is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 AM
  #26359  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,322
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
I've been seeing a lot of people using their lipos direct, what plug is that? Bannana 4mm? TIA
Yes Panda. 4mm banana plugs. If you can, use the castle creations, TQ racing, or Fantom banana plugs. They are much more stronger than the ones used by Reedy, Racer's edge, and other companies that use the spring loaded banana plug. I used this because of the batteries im using will accept banana plugs. But, if you decide on using a lipo pack with pos/neg leads, you'll be stuck using deans plugs; which are good also.
Roger is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:01 PM
  #26360  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Yes Panda. 4mm banana plugs. If you can, use the castle creations, TQ racing, or Fantom banana plugs. They are much more stronger than the ones used by Reedy, Racer's edge, and other companies that use the spring loaded banana plug. I used this because of the batteries im using will accept banana plugs. But, if you decide on using a lipo pack with pos/neg leads, you'll be stuck using deans plugs; which are good also.
Thanks!
I'm using xt-60 connectors but the problem is that somehow, maybe on the big jumps, I've managed to damage two gens ace lipo right on the connector. They look bended on the inside. I sweared not to buy those types of lipos, only direct version but then I saw the nano techs 6600mah and ordered them
It also happened to the losi lipo but that one is still going strong
Panda-PR is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM
  #26361  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,322
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
Thanks!
I'm using xt-60 connectors but the problem is that somehow, maybe on the big jumps, I've managed to damage two gens ace lipo right on the connector. They look bended on the inside. I sweared not to buy those types of lipos, only direct version but then I saw the nano techs 6600mah and ordered them
It also happened to the losi lipo but that one is still going strong
Panda: I've actually changed out many stock lipo connectors from the gens ace batteries. We changed them immediately to deans plugs. The stock plugs just looks to sketchy. Goodluck bro and happy holidays.
Roger is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 PM
  #26362  
Tech Regular
 
namewasdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 299
Default

Has anyone ran these type of lipo plugs QTEQ Power Banana 4mm banana plugs?????

They look like they make really good contact with the lipo post and I really like the little grove to solder the wire to. Im thinking of picking up a few to help with resistance and power transfer. I already run deans wet noodle copper wire so I need a good connector.

let me know if anyone has
namewasdallas is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
  #26363  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,322
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
Has anyone ran these type of lipo plugs QTEQ Power Banana 4mm banana plugs?????

They look like they make really good contact with the lipo post and I really like the little grove to solder the wire to. Im thinking of picking up a few to help with resistance and power transfer. I already run deans wet noodle copper wire so I need a good connector.

let me know if anyone has
I have a buddy that runs them. He loves them cause it's not like your regular spring loaded banana plug. They last for a long time and gives your electronics a very clean look. Goodluck.
Roger is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:49 PM
  #26364  
Tech Regular
 
Flakfizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Coulee
Posts: 288
Default

can somebody recommend a good 4.5t / 5.5t motor that will not "puff" batteries. i just bought an RX8. others i know that have the tekin 4pole have gone through a few batteries already. is there a solution for this? or i should just run a regular 4.5?

i know the tekin RX8 and 4pole motor is the hot setup but local here are killing batteries with them, any help would be awesome
Flakfizer is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:53 PM
  #26365  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Flakfizer View Post
can somebody recommend a good 4.5t / 5.5t motor that will not "puff" batteries. i just bought an RX8. others i know that have the tekin 4pole have gone through a few batteries already. is there a solution for this? or i should just run a regular 4.5?

i know the tekin RX8 and 4pole motor is the hot setup but local here are killing batteries with them, any help would be awesome


Nanotech's have yet to fail anyone I know....So more reason to give them a try if you have yet to.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html


FYI Guys LESS than 1/2 of what they had listed a couple days Ago, These will probably prove to be even More popular than the 6000's.
Integra is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 01:03 PM
  #26366  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
alvinsmith75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Orleans Area
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Nanotech's have yet to fail anyone I know....So more reason to give them a try if you have yet to.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html


FYI Guys LESS than 1/2 of what they had listed a couple days Ago, These will probably prove to be even More popular than the 6000's.
I ordered those lipos the other day and I just clicked on you link to look at them again and noticed they raised the weight of the batteries.
alvinsmith75 is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 01:10 PM
  #26367  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75 View Post
I ordered those lipos the other day and I just clicked on you link to look at them again and noticed they raised the weight of the batteries.

get a soft case pack it will drop the weight off by a few or so if there is a high mah on the nano techs.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 01:11 PM
  #26368  
Tech Regular
 
Flakfizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Coulee
Posts: 288
Default

nano tech batteries is a good tip. i currently run IP and thunder power. what motor are you running? im skeptical of buying the tekin 4pole but if you guys are running it with no issues ill give it a shot. looking for a reliable motor to put on my RX8. FYI i race indoor on clay.
Flakfizer is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 03:05 PM
  #26369  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
KingdomRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,483
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D3R3K View Post
I just opened my new SCTE and turned it on for the first time. The gear mesh between the pinion and the spur is "clacky" when giving initial throttle. I thought it would tighten it up just a touch, but the motor mount screw is completely stripped and I can't make the adjustment. First, is that sound normal? This is my first 4x4. Second, how do I get a new screw and get that stripped one out?
Get a dremel and cut a slot in the head of the screw for a flathead screwdriver and use that to get that screw out. I recommend using the ThinCut metal blades when doing this but the normal ones work fine too.
As far as the noise it should sound better than "clacky".
Hope this helps.
KingdomRacer is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 03:12 PM
  #26370  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Nitewolftracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
Get a dremel and cut a slot in the head of the screw for a flathead screwdriver and use that to get that screw out. I recommend using the ThinCut metal blades when doing this but the normal ones work fine too.
As far as the noise it should sound better than "clacky".
Hope this helps.
The same thing hppened to mine as far as the screw being stripped and have the same "clacky" or "rough" spin on pinion and spur gears
Nitewolftracing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.