Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironman805 View Post
I was a victim and ordered five sets based on hackers response that the new gears were going to be in stock. Kind of pissed and probably going to return them.

Shark2288, if it's not too late and you don't already have them installed, can you take a picture of the gears and post it up? I'm curious to see if losi is sending the new gears to their wholesale customers and selling the old ones to their retail customers. if you can't post them, send me a pm and I'll send you my email.

Thanks
I didn't install them yet. I will try to take pictures later and post them up.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
If you did get the new ones...part#?
I imagine Stormer will have a hotline for a few!...
Same part#. I read somewhere that they weren't changing it.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I left on shim out when rebuilding my front diff as it was too tight with the shim installed. Many many races on it and no Problems.
I also did the same for my last few races, I think maybe the gasket thins out a lil or somthing, I had a diff that got to tight and had to take out the shims to get it back right, smooth as butter now. I tried alot of different thickness of shims, the smallest one (.01" I believe) still was too tight.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shark2288 View Post
Same part#. I read somewhere that they weren't changing it.
Where the original gears look silver, the new ones have a bronze look to them. I'm installing them tonight andwill let you guys know if there is any difference. I hoping, maybe they are a little quieter. Lol
Old 12-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
The sensor cable kept unplugging (from motor and esc) and I finally lost it at the track. Any tricks or other sensor cable that plugs tighter?rx8/4600kv

Thanks!
All senesor cables pretty much have the same plug. I have used a little shoe goo in the past to hold it in place if it seems to be loose. Tekin has a neat little p-clamp they use with some of there other motors. Another trick is to zip tie it to the the rear chassis brace to help it not flex so much. That depends on how you route it though.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
I can see by your long list of accomplishments, that you are clearly not a novice. But perhaps you dont understand the concept of proper building and shimming the diffs? I do almost zero maintenance on my diffs and I havent had a problem with gears at all. I race with almost entirely SCTEs(like 3 associateds and a dingo, 15 losi) Ive only ever seen 1 guy chew up gears and it was the bad pins. Since beginning of the year. I think the common denominator may be the problem?
LMAO, Yeah, I bet thats it The internal diff gears should never need shimmed...period. Like I said in my post, the wobbly outdrives making the sun gears walk around inside is likely the culprit...along with poor gears. As the diffs still worked, but just became notchy, most racers would have never noticed the issue. To each their own opinion on the matter, but I guarantee user error was not the problem
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've put about 300 packs through my 3rd gen SCTE and still have the original pins and gears. Smooth as butta. If someone is having problems with their gears over and over again, I would suggest its something that they are doing wrong.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scracer68 View Post
I've put about 300 packs through my 3rd gen SCTE and still have the original pins and gears. Smooth as butta. If someone is having problems with their gears over and over again, I would suggest its something that they are doing wrong.
same here, but i dont think i've been through that many packs....
Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

I just bought my SCTE 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to tell what gears I got without disassembling? Date code on the box or something maybe?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Ridley;10068938at least release the smart diffs so we have something to play with while we wait? .[/QUOTE]

There's a Smart Diff coming out for the TEN-SCTE???????
Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Too much is being put on these diff gears. It was a problem to start with becuase the pins wore so bad the gears went out of mesh. Yes the new ones are better. That does not make the older ones bad. All of us have been running them for a long time now. If the pins are good the gears last. End of story.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
There's a Smart Diff coming out for the TEN-SCTE???????
Not that I have heard of. I don't think there are plans either.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
I just bought my SCTE 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to tell what gears I got without disassembling? Date code on the box or something maybe?
If you just bought your Scte two weeks ago more then likely you have the newest model with updated parts.

When you guys talk about shimming the diff's are you talking about shimming inside the actual diff, Because inside my diff there's shims that go on the spider gears where they go into that notch there very small, and I think there's shims where the outdrive goes into the diff inside the actual diff or maybe there washers?

I also have one shim on each side of the outdrives near the bearings im pretty sure.
'
If someone can explain all this shim that shim this talk that would be sweet. Only issue I have is my Center diff front and rear outdrives have wobble more in the front then in the rear.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default gear diff maintenance

I have always run cars with ball diffs, this is my first time dealing with a gear diff. The instructions from the car are not too detailed. Does anyone have any recommendations for websites or youtube videos that have a little more detail about how to maintain a gear diff? Specifically looking for advice about how to take it apart and put it back together without messing anything up...
Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
ryan and casper said big no-no. I can't remember why exactly. I'm sure they will chime in.
Chime in or not the fact is it works and is still working after many many races.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.