Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike1977 View Post
I'm still on the fence about lightening up the truck modding the battery box, receiver box maybe the chassis or just buy a lightened one.

My concern is that it won't be as easy to drive.
will it be more prone to tip over in corners.

I'm not a pro by anymeans but the truck is just so nice to drive as is but being lighter would be easier on stuff I would imagine, and should also make it slightly quicker or faster?

To the people who have done this was it worth it and would you do it again?
how did it effect the trucks handling and performance?
And do you have any good pics or what not to give me any good ideas.
thanks
All I did was put on a bce chassis,cut the rear bumper,and CF shock towers. With the Pro4 motor or really any 4pole motor you don't even need to do any lightening imo. They have enough torque to get this truck moving quickly. This was'nt the case with earlier motors. I ran the stock towers for a while but got tired of having to take them off to hammer them flat when ever I had a mishap. Bottom line if you like the way the truck performs now why do you want to change it? Like the old phrase goes "If it aint broke,don't try to fix it"
Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobertoLoco View Post
No problem with my gears either.I am having a problem with the larger shim(washer) under the larger gear wearing out and dont like paying $10 to get them in the diff rebuild kit.Is their any way to prevent this wear.Is their any other options for these shims from other vendors that would work?

I have tried quite a few 5 X 8/10mm shims but almost All of them wore down pretty fast with Razor sharp edges. Im personally Not at all impressed with these little diff's compared to their Larger brother's.

Kinda sad they couldn't make an Exact copy just smaller.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just receivef a diff set from stormer hobbies and it is definitely different from the original set. I guess i got the updated ones.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If you did get the new ones...part#?
I imagine Stormer will have a hotline for a few!...
Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

If you're an accomplished racer, go for it. Otherwise I would suggest the chassis and the rear bumper trim only. The lighter you make it the twitchier it becomes.

Right now at my track the fastest SCT is a prototype/converted 1/8th HB buggy and it weighs 7.6 lbs. To me this says weight is not the problem we all thought it was.

Originally Posted by Mike1977 View Post
I'm still on the fence about lightening up the truck modding the battery box, receiver box maybe the chassis or just buy a lightened one.

My concern is that it won't be as easy to drive.
will it be more prone to tip over in corners.

I'm not a pro by anymeans but the truck is just so nice to drive as is but being lighter would be easier on stuff I would imagine, and should also make it slightly quicker or faster?

To the people who have done this was it worth it and would you do it again?
how did it effect the trucks handling and performance?
And do you have any good pics or what not to give me any good ideas.
thanks
Old 12-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the plug Elex.

There are things you can do to reduce the wear on the shims.

First, glue the metal inserts into the diff cups. When they are loose they can stand off the bottom of the cup and that reduces the surface area that rides on the shim by about 50%.

Second, as Ridley said use the HD outdrives.

The shims I'm selling are the hardest I could find. They still wear though. I recommend replacing them every time you freshen up your diff oil. It's cheap insurance.

Chris

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
Chris Atteberry makes the best pins,shims,and bushings that you will find. I put them in my truck from the start. Been running for 3 months once a week and still problem free. Just tore down my diffs for inspection and you can barely see any signs of wear. Best money spent.

Here is the link.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8x8be/a...ring/id47.html
Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
If you're an accomplished racer, go for it. Otherwise I would suggest the chassis and the rear bumper trim only. The lighter you make it the twitchier it becomes.

Right now at my track the fastest SCT is a prototype/converted 1/8th HB buggy and it weighs 7.6 lbs. To me this says weight is not the problem we all thought it was.
Is the coverted D8 running 2s and a "1/10 power system" ?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shark2288 View Post
I just receivef a diff set from stormer hobbies and it is definitely different from the original set. I guess i got the updated ones.
I was a victim and ordered five sets based on hackers response that the new gears were going to be in stock. Kind of pissed and probably going to return them.

Shark2288, if it's not too late and you don't already have them installed, can you take a picture of the gears and post it up? I'm curious to see if losi is sending the new gears to their wholesale customers and selling the old ones to their retail customers. if you can't post them, send me a pm and I'll send you my email.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

I believe he is running a Pro4 4600 on 2s. I didn't notice which ESC he was running.

He's a sponsored HB 1/8th driver, but he people he is beating are no slouches either.

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Is the coverted D8 running 2s and a "1/10 power system" ?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironman805 View Post
I was a victim and ordered five sets based on hackers response that the new gears were going to be in stock. Kind of pissed and probably going to return them.

Shark2288, if it's not too late and you don't already have them installed, can you take a picture of the gears and post it up? I'm curious to see if losi is sending the new gears to their wholesale customers and selling the old ones to their retail customers. if you can't post them, send me a pm and I'll send you my email.

Thanks
I do apologize for this as I was going off of everything I knew. I do find it interesting that you feel we would take the time and energy to send some to one place and some to a different place. I promise we are not doing this and I am the one that took my time to go into the warehouse and dig though all of them just to be sure.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The sensor cable kept unplugging (from motor and esc) and I finally lost it at the track. Any tricks or other sensor cable that plugs tighter?rx8/4600kv

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Wow run mine twice a week for about a year and never went threw any gears yet. Also last rebuild I left the shims out like the Adam drake video and seams to work better. Even had the Chris shims decentigrate.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nasty N8 View Post
Wow run mine twice a week for about a year and never went threw any gears yet. Also last rebuild I left the shims out like the Adam drake video and seams to work better. Even had the Chris shims decentigrate.
not supposed to do that on these!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
not supposed to do that on these!!!
I left on shim out when rebuilding my front diff as it was too tight with the shim installed. Many many races on it and no Problems.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I left on shim out when rebuilding my front diff as it was too tight with the shim installed. Many many races on it and no Problems.
ryan and casper said big no-no. I can't remember why exactly. I'm sure they will chime in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.