Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13
Might be that way where you are from, where goehm and I race everyone racing 2wd/4wd buggies are starting to pick up short course because they say it is a blast to race and they want an extra class to have fun in. Oh and Stadium truck is still completely nonexistant on the East Coast as far as I know.
Here (Central / Midwest) Arena Truck never really took as big a hit as the rest of the country, 2wd Buggy did. SCT has brought allot of people into the sport, but many are moving on to 2wd Buggy / Arena Truck (better performance, less problematic on the large 1/8 scale tracks and wind here).
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Somebody posted some battery weights thew other day that didn't quite jibe with me, so here's my findings:

As you can see, the gens 5000/40c weighs exactly the same as the nano tech 5600/50c, and the 6000/65c are a mere 10 grams more. I'll take more pack for the same weight any day

Last edited by lowroad; 12-19-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: blurry pic was driving me nuts
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowroad
Somebody posted some battery weights thew other day that didn't quite jibe with me, so here's my findings:

As you can see, the gens 5000/40c weighs exactly the same as the nano tech 5600/50c, and the 6000/65c are a mere 10 grams more. I'll take more pack for the same weight any day
Thanks for posting that up for us, I could tell these packs didn't weigh over 300grams
Old 12-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

I am modding my battery tray today at lunch, I got the CNC code all programmed to cut holes in the bottom of the tray. What I am wondering is if anyone has tried to mill the screw holes down some to lower the C.G. I will already have it in the vice so its only a couple more buttons. I did not bring the chassis with me to see if the mud guards would get in the way if I dropped it some ... say .07" so everything is at the same height as the battery spacer supports on the bottom. I know I will have to put in some shorter hardware not a big deal.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

In fact, I have a big full length strip of duct tape on the bottom of each nano tech and none on the gens, for sure worth even a few more grams
Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
I am modding my battery tray today at lunch, I got the CNC code all programmed to cut holes in the bottom of the tray. What I am wondering is if anyone has tried to mill the screw holes down some to lower the C.G. I will already have it in the vice so its only a couple more buttons. I did not bring the chassis with me to see if the mud guards would get in the way if I dropped it some ... say .07" so everything is at the same height as the battery spacer supports on the bottom. I know I will have to put in some shorter hardware not a big deal.

Thanks guys.
I can tell you that a few things get in the way of lowering the battery as I have looked at this as well. The mud guard screws get in the way and if you have the chassis insert that covers the holes in the losi chassis in it, those get in the way as well. If you have another chassis or you just dont run the cover, then its just the mud guard.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
I can tell you that a few things get in the way of lowering the battery as I have looked at this as well. The mud guard screws get in the way and if you have the chassis insert that covers the holes in the losi chassis in it, those get in the way as well. If you have another chassis or you just dont run the cover, then its just the mud guard.
Thanks I had a feeling the mud guards would get in the way just didnt have my chassis with me at work to check it out. Guess I will leave the height alone ... not like that would have done much anyways ... at least not that my skills would notice lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn

Thanks guys.
One thing I was looking at doing was extending any screw that sits below the tray to go thru the tray itself and be secured via a countersunk nut.

Then you can trim down any extrusions and only have to worry about the kickup on the side of the chassis, and the height of the guard itself.

Something like this:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20...sunk_nuts.html
Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goehm
One thing I was looking at doing was extending any screw that sits below the tray to go thru the tray itself and be secured via a countersunk nut.

Then you can trim down any extrusions and only have to worry about the kickup on the side of the chassis, and the height of the guard itself.

Something like this:
Just image the things you could do with a TON of those things lol
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Ridley
I like the xxx-sct so much that it's sitting in the corner collecting dust . Never could get it to handle worth a shiz, or the outdrives to last more than a few weeks. It's fully cr'ed, repaired, and ready to race, and still can't even get 100$ for the roller...so it shows me how much other people like them too, lol. I don't think it's half the truck the Kyosho or even the SC10 is. Being the Losi fan that I am though, I'll buy a 22sct when it comes out, but my stint with the xxx is thankfully over. If the 22sct gets beat to production by the DESC210 though, I might jump ship The xxx series was nice...like 10 years ago, lol.

I think the main reason why its hard to sell your xxx-sct is because from what ive seen people are not running 2wd sc nearly as much as 4x4 sc i cant blame them though. Yea my xxx-t was sitting around collecting dust also since there was not many tracks that are 1/10 scale outdoors yea there is one track ive used to go to that met for them but i dont like thier track though.

But its a reason why the xxx-t was out for a long long time it won at every level. Its not to hard to drive with the right tires
Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My center diff out drive cups wobbles...should i replace the bearing?
or is this normal play?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm

Something like this:
What are you planning on doing to the battery tray? i would like to see..

thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rchoi
My center diff out drive cups wobbles...should i replace the bearing?
or is this normal play?
That is normal.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13

The XXX-SCT is pretty much the truck to beat, so no reason for Losi to come out with a 22-SCT until the other brands catch up, but it will happen.
The truck to beat> LMAO

Around here xxx-sct's are near nonexistent in the A main. It's all Kyosho with a few SC10's. I thought I was getting my truck close to dialed using a few "pro" settups...then I drove one of the top local K trucks. It was night and day, like cheating!! The K trucks are light years ahead of the xxx, and now they have the new SP truck coming out to raise the bar further! I mean, I love most losi products, but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade, and the XXX-sct is SEVERELY lacking IMHO, and thats even before you factor in driveline durability.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Thumbs up Thank You LOSI

Dear LOSI,
Thank You for sending me a new body!!!
Chad

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.