Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Although a 22SCT would be awesome the XXX-SCT is a VERY good truck.
XXX-SCT Finished 1st, 2nd, and 4th in our local points series (MNRC - Off Road Series).here this summer, and proved to be the most versatile 2wd Platform with the varying tracks that we race on (everything from 100Deg Blue-Groove to rutted out 1/8th scale sand tracks).

Easy to drive, tough as nails, low cost. I was the one who finished 4th in the series (behind 2 high-profile Losi drivers and a Kyosho Team driver) and I ran the stock shocks, gear diff, right out of the box other than the body.

I honestly doubt that Losi will tool up a 22SCT, many of those who got into racing in the 2wdSCT class have moved on to Arena Truck or 2wd Buggy, and IMO the class is on it's way out.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ps71
Do not want ot read the 26000+ post in this tread, so can anyone give me the short version of + and - on this truck
page #1.....
Old 12-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I like the xxx-sct so much that it's sitting in the corner collecting dust . Never could get it to handle worth a shiz, or the outdrives to last more than a few weeks. It's fully cr'ed, repaired, and ready to race, and still can't even get 100$ for the roller...so it shows me how much other people like them too, lol. I don't think it's half the truck the Kyosho or even the SC10 is. Being the Losi fan that I am though, I'll buy a 22sct when it comes out, but my stint with the xxx is thankfully over. If the 22sct gets beat to production by the DESC210 though, I might jump ship The xxx series was nice...like 10 years ago, lol.
Hey Ridley, I'll buy it for $100 and will pay shipping on top of that. I need to get another truck to run at Motorama. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in unloading.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pfraser2488
http://www.promatchracing.com/prodde...prod=2S600060C
yes you r right but i didnt know they had that one and this one doest show that is has a burst rate do you know if it does?or is it 60c all the time
That I'm not sure of, but I'm sure one of their drivers in this thread can answer that. If I had to guess I would say it bursts at 120C since it seems almost everything will handle double it's constant as a burst as far as ESC and Batteries are concerned.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default LOSI TEN SCTE CARBON FIBER GUARDS

STILL HAVE A FEW SETS LEFT. MADE FROM 1.2MM CARBON FIBER PLEASE CHECK OUT MY AUCTION. THANKS GUYS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOSI-TEN-SCT...item45fd4137cd
Old 12-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
why would tlr release a new corr truck the truck we have just won the nats.

ha= hard andised
I'd much rather have a 22 based platform for the sheer sake of ease of maintenance. It's so nice just pulling out only 2-3 tools to work on the entire vehicle (see TLR 22).

I think a lot of the concepts for the 22 platform would convey well into SCT racing for a sheer durability standpoint. IE: all the hardware is just beefier.

I think from a business perspective it's a good move as well. Having your equipment become irrelevant is good for business, as long as you can come out with a better product to offer. Losi could choose to make it outdated themselves (by releasing a 22 based SCT), or just wait for competitors to come out with their next offerings.

I also imagine from a inventory / part management / tooling perspective, the most common parts you can have between platforms increases the revenue for all products since you're increasing the market / number of each, and removing the overhead of keeping tracking of additional parts.

So from a racer perspective there may not be much of a reason at this point, but I think from a business future perspective there certainly is .. assuming that XXX based sales will plateau.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
many of those who got into racing in the 2wdSCT class have moved on to Arena Truck or 2wd Buggy, and IMO the class is on it's way out.
funny you say that. i got into racing with an SC10 earlier this year, and even though 2WD and 4WD SC are my best classes, im really interested in focusing on 2WD Buggy and maybe even pick up a 4WD Buggy and Stadium Truck.

My SCTE has been sitting on the shelf since I won the first club race at my local track's grand opening (only because the TLR driver who qualified with an extra lap ahead of me left before the night ended ). Mostly because I have been waiting on the HA balls to come in. I got them the other day and haven't put them in yet, since I've really been only racing 2WD SC and Buggy for the past month (oh and Touring Car, )
Old 12-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

At the Spektrum race in Milwaukee, just about the whole Losi Elec Team was there (Evans, Chambers, Phend, Thrue, Castillano, Dyno and Gahan) and only one ran 2wd SCT (Chambers).

I don't think they have allot of emphasis on the class IMO
Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Rear springs touch threaded shock bodies?

Anyone else notice that when the rear goes down/up, that the springs seem to lightly touch the threaded area of the shock bodies? I can see this wearing the threads out on the bodies. The front doesn't seem to do it for me, but i can hear the springs slide against the threads on the rear if I push it down and up.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AgroAMG
Anyone else notice that when the rear goes down/up, that the springs seem to lightly touch the threaded area of the shock bodies? I can see this wearing the threads out on the bodies. The front doesn't seem to do it for me, but i can hear the springs slide against the threads on the rear if I push it down and up.
the updated springs should not do this, at least mine doesnt.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AgroAMG

Do you have the New Spring's or Stock Springs ? New Version's dont touch nearly as bad.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

XXX-SCT Finished 1st, 2nd, and 4th in our local points series (MNRC - Off Road Series).here this summer, and proved to be the most versatile 2wd Platform with the varying tracks that we race on (everything from 100Deg Blue-Groove to rutted out 1/8th scale sand tracks).

Easy to drive, tough as nails, low cost. I was the one who finished 4th in the series (behind 2 high-profile Losi drivers and a Kyosho Team driver) and I ran the stock shocks, gear diff, right out of the box other than the body.

I honestly doubt that Losi will tool up a 22SCT, many of those who got into racing in the 2wdSCT class have moved on to Arena Truck or 2wd Buggy, and IMO the class is on it's way out.
SCT is still way more popular around here then ST is. Stadium truck is making a come back and I think the 22T will give it that extra shot of life to hopfully bring back this really fun class to full prominace around so cal. I don't see Short Course racing going away though. It is hear to stay for a long time.

Originally Posted by teknic
That I'm not sure of, but I'm sure one of their drivers in this thread can answer that. If I had to guess I would say it bursts at 120C since it seems almost everything will handle double it's constant as a burst as far as ESC and Batteries are concerned.
Originally Posted by goehm
I'd much rather have a 22 based platform for the sheer sake of ease of maintenance. It's so nice just pulling out only 2-3 tools to work on the entire vehicle (see TLR 22).

I think a lot of the concepts for the 22 platform would convey well into SCT racing for a sheer durability standpoint. IE: all the hardware is just beefier.

I think from a business perspective it's a good move as well. Having your equipment become irrelevant is good for business, as long as you can come out with a better product to offer. Losi could choose to make it outdated themselves (by releasing a 22 based SCT), or just wait for competitors to come out with their next offerings.

I also imagine from a inventory / part management / tooling perspective, the most common parts you can have between platforms increases the revenue for all products since you're increasing the market / number of each, and removing the overhead of keeping tracking of additional parts.

So from a racer perspective there may not be much of a reason at this point, but I think from a business future perspective there certainly is .. assuming that XXX based sales will plateau.
I would agree with most of that but a lot of the Losi line still uses quite a few XXX platform designs. XXX parts are not going anywhere for a while. Just too many cars out there still use them. (XXX-SCT, SCB, Desert Truck, Speed-T just to name a few).
Old 12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Do you have the New Spring's or Stock Springs ? New Version's dont touch nearly as bad.
Stock.
So what's the "new" version of the springs? I had been wondering if I should go with some different set of springs anyhow.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

At the Spektrum race in Milwaukee, just about the whole Losi Elec Team was there (Evans, Chambers, Phend, Thrue, Castillano, Dyno and Gahan) and only one ran 2wd SCT (Chambers).

Might be that way where you are from, where goehm and I race everyone racing 2wd/4wd buggies are starting to pick up short course because they say it is a blast to race and they want an extra class to have fun in. Oh and Stadium truck is still completely nonexistant on the East Coast as far as I know.

Originally Posted by goehm

also in addition to this^ The SCT *should* be almost exactly the same as the 22T. Maybe a different size wheel hex and a different alum chassis? obviously the XXX-T and the XXX-sct are almost the same and share parts so it would stand to assume the same for the 22T. That said, how much work would it be to develop a slightly longer chassis and borrow some hexes from another vehicle or make a new length part.

The XXX-SCT is pretty much the truck to beat, so no reason for Losi to come out with a 22-SCT until the other brands catch up, but it will happen.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

To me I think they were trying to concentrate on the new 22T, since its release will be soon, imo. Also Im pretty sure truhe raced sct at the spektrum race, dont remember if it was 4x4 or 2wd

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.