Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
These look nice!!! Have u used these? How is the fit/finish?
Ordered my kind headz retainers and boots the day they posted them; which was Monday I think. I will post an update on fit/finish when they arrive. That company has a great rep though, I'm not worried.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
KingsHead has what you want...aluminum pin holder and CV boots for the ten scte...$17.99 for 2 w boots...replacement boots pk of 4 $5.99.....

I have these for the 1/8's and Imo while the pin sleeve is great and all, The Boots Stink, They are the Paper thin Dynamite style and dont particularly last too long. I Prefer a beefier CV boot.

Also to do maintenance on the CV you will have to actually Remove the CV from the pinion to remove the sleeve/Remove the pin and service the CV. This is a Big Problem imo as most dont want to be opening the rear diff to maintain the CV.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

I have noticed a lot of praise for the emulsion shocks and have a couple questions.

Does using the emulsion style benefit outdoor large bumpy tracks, indoor tight smooth tracks or both?

Is there a need to change the weight of the shock oil running emulsion?

I'm running on a very tight indoor clay track.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
The Viper with the 5150KV will be VERY comparable. The 5150 also has a large rotor like the Tekin, but is longer....so it will likely have MORE power on tap.

I have the complete system here, hopefully I get a thorough test on it this weekend.
is also not roar legal, but the tekin is.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
I just stared working with these guys, Lifetime warranty stainless screw sets for the SCTE and most other vehicles. Use it, abuse, they don't care. Lifetime replacement!

http://www.trick-parts.com/product_p...cte_ss_kit.htm
Just Ordered mine too, cant wait to install them!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
is also not roar legal, but the tekin is.
According to the ROAR website, only 2-Pole Motors are Legal:

"Only one piece, two pole Neodymium sintered, or Ferrite (Ceramic) magnetic rotors are permitted."
Old 12-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FLHX1550 View Post
According to the ROAR website, only 2-Pole Motors are Legal:

"Only one piece, two pole Neodymium sintered, or Ferrite (Ceramic) magnetic rotors are permitted."
no. the tekin 4 pole is roar approved, as is the castle. 540 sized 4 pole is approved, 540 L, such as the 5150 are not.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
The SC10 4x4 and the durango both steer sharper if you are talking strickly throw angles. Getting the Losi to steer sharper isn't easy, because if you just grind on the knuckles, the cvd binds. You have to chamfer the inner lip on the front axle stubs, then grind on the knuckles. You can get a few degrees of additional throw out of the mod.

On the track though, I still haven't found a way to get the Losi to finish a turn like the Rango. The Losi just plain scrubs more speed from mid corner to finish on tacky tracks(indoors).
thank you,
this is my third week with my scte and i just can't get used to this steering and my local indoor clay track just updated with tighter with 180 turns...what other options to make it handle better? i drove my buggy last night...
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Also to do maintenance on the CV you will have to actually Remove the CV from the pinion to remove the sleeve/Remove the pin and service the CV. This is a Big Problem imo as most dont want to be opening the rear diff to maintain the CV.
Why would you have to open the rear diff? Just loosen the set screw then remove the whole driveshaft, right?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Got to race my SCTE for the first time last night and took 5th in the A-Main (8 trucks in main and 16 total), was pretty happy with the finish since I started in 7th and was battling the whole race with the guy that finished in 4th, I was pretty much on his bumper at the end of the race. I'm sure once I get a proper setup on the truck I'll be able to do even better.

My brother in-law came to watch me race and he pointed out that it looked like I was losing a lot of speed in the corners and that seemed to be where the really fast guys were gaining a lot on me. Currently I have 1/2 of the Phend setup on my truck (limited by funds due to xmas) so I'm hoping when I get it all finished I'll be able scrub less in the corners.

Either way, I'm very happy with the truck compared to my Nexx10SC so far. It just feels more planted and more predictable and I'm not replacing PBS parts every other heat.

Also, one of of the other racers let me borrow one of his Turnigy Nano-Tech 65C 6000mAh batteries since I'm in the market for some higher C rated batteries and I have to say those things are bad ass. Made my truck feel so much more responsive and I was able to clear this big step-up double and land on the downside every time with no effort.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the traxxas aluminum turnbuckles?
A local guy at my track (who is extremely fast) has them. I assume there for the slash. He is very secretive when it comes to divulging information. I was just wondering if these would work? They are fairly cheaper then the lunsfords.
He also had the white ends
Old 12-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii View Post
Just Ordered mine too, cant wait to install them!
Have fun with those. WORST screws in the Biz.... Stainless is too soft a material that will bend break and strip out. Oh but it doesn't Rust..Guess thats a plus.. Stick with stock or Tony's scows..
Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugspin View Post
Have fun with those. WORST screws in the Biz.... Stainless is too soft a material that will bend break and strip out. Oh but it doesn't Rust..Guess thats a plus.. Stick with stock or Tony's scows..
<3 my tonys screws
Old 12-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Stainless is hard. Harder than stock. More to the point, anything is better than the stock screws on these trucks, but with a quality stainless, can't go wrong.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

May be true, but they do guarantee them for a lifetime.

"Bend it, break it, strip it and we will replace it at no cost to you. It's that simple."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.