Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Why do you need to call them ? 1000's of people order from HK every day and Get their Products with Zero problems. Fear Not and Order away.
I did have a problem when I ordered my Nanos. I ordered from them twice before buying standard 5200 packs. Once from china and once from the USA warehouse. Both went perfect. Then I ordered (4) nanos and they got stuck in customs.

In the end, it wasnt Hobbykings fault as far as I could tell, and I was able to contact someone on the phone and also thru email and they were trying to help the situation. I *think* there is occasionally an issue with the way they fill out the customs forms. They list the price it costs THEM to make the batteries, not what we pay, when they declare them. The difference is massive. I forget the exact numbers, but I paid $30ish a piece and they listed their value at about $5 or $6ish each. I think when the customs guy is having a bad day and decides to look it over with a fine tooth comb, thats when you get issues. But not really HK's fault. I just wish they stocked the nanos in US. Ended up being stuck in customs for about 2 -2 1/2 weeks.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default race roller vs rtr

folks, I apologize not reading the whole thread. my question is beside the eletronics, is the rtr truck identical to race roller version? thanks in advance
Old 12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
folks, I apologize not reading the whole thread. my question is beside the eletronics, is the rtr truck identical to race roller version? thanks in advance
Yes.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
I did have a problem when I ordered my Nanos. I ordered from them twice before buying standard 5200 packs. Once from china and once from the USA warehouse. Both went perfect. Then I ordered (4) nanos and they got stuck in customs.

In the end, it wasnt Hobbykings fault as far as I could tell, and I was able to contact someone on the phone and also thru email and they were trying to help the situation. I *think* there is occasionally an issue with the way they fill out the customs forms. They list the price it costs THEM to make the batteries, not what we pay, when they declare them. The difference is massive. I forget the exact numbers, but I paid $30ish a piece and they listed their value at about $5 or $6ish each. I think when the customs guy is having a bad day and decides to look it over with a fine tooth comb, thats when you get issues. But not really HK's fault. I just wish they stocked the nanos in US. Ended up being stuck in customs for about 2 -2 1/2 weeks.

Funny you mention the Customs declared price as that is actually Something You Choose. Its in the order process where You choose how much you want to declare, Sure You can get away with it a few time's But One of those times you might be called on it and *might* Have to prove up or Pay up. Im not too sure exactly how those situation's are dealt with. But thing's can Always happen.

Fwiw I think the "default" setting when placing an order is 50%
Old 12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jwood7 View Post
i've been running this truck with the 550 4.5 tekin and really like the power but am curious how it compares to the 4600 4 pole tekin. i dont want to lose any of my power but i like the idea of the lighter wieght motor. just wondering what others thought that have tryed both these motors.
The pro-4 will be an increase in power and a loss of weight. It it truely a win-win.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sorry for dumb questions but i have a 8 year old who will be running a points series coming up this next year i am getting him a losi scte he currently runs only 2wd shortcourse but others all in his class will run 4x4 so figured i better get him one what are things i need to purchase for this rig to make it bomb proof also i do not run sc 4x4 so dont know whats the ticket for motpr speedo combo i know while back evrybody was running the rx8 speedo is that the way to go or will say a mmp sc combo wprk
Old 12-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
Sorry for dumb questions but i have a 8 year old who will be running a points series coming up this next year i am getting him a losi scte he currently runs only 2wd shortcourse but others all in his class will run 4x4 so figured i better get him one what are things i need to purchase for this rig to make it bomb proof also i do not run sc 4x4 so dont know whats the ticket for motpr speedo combo i know while back evrybody was running the rx8 speedo is that the way to go or will say a mmp sc combo wprk
If you can afford it the TLR tuned kit is a great deal for some common hopups. If you don't want to spend that extra money at a minimum I would go with carbon towers. The truck is pretty stout out of the box. The towers will bend in hard hits though so go with carbon towers and then you can upgrade other stuff as things wear out in time. There are lots for great hop ups that help with tuning but from a durability standpoint the towers are the only thing really "needed".
Old 12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

personally.. i would get the TLR tuning kit.. comes with all the major hop ups you will need.. and its a great price for all the stuff you get..

next.. i personally dont like the Castle stuff.. but im sure others love it.. get the RX8, and the 4.5 sc4x motor.. or the 4600 pro 4 (this is going to be my next motor)

I also run a Ko digital servo.. you dont need a ton of torque servo.. i use a high speed servo anyway..

Reason for not liking castle.. is the weird brown outs i always see.. and having to run crazy BEC things.. or whatever.. go tekin and be done..
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
If you can afford it the TLR tuned kit is a great deal for some common hopups. If you don't want to spend that extra money at a minimum I would go with carbon towers. The truck is pretty stout out of the box. The towers will bend in hard hits though so go with carbon towers and then you can upgrade other stuff as things wear out in time. There are lots for great hop ups that help with tuning but from a durability standpoint the towers are the only thing really "needed".
Thanks for your setup on your esc casper.. worked great.. only thing i didnt do was the 80% current limiter.. thats prolly why i died before the 10 min mark in the main.. lol.. but thanks again..

temps were way down just swapping the speedo from the KO. i had to go up to the 15t pinion..

thanks again for all the help..
Old 12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So just get the roller and then the tlr kit and im ready to go right i will go with the rx8 and scx4.5 unless the other motor is better
Old 12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

pro-4 is lighter and faster.. its a better motor.. i dont have personal experience.. but i have seen them on the track and they are awesome.. i got the 4.5, and want a pro-4..

i would do the roller and the upgrade.. RTR has castle electronics as i understand it..
Old 12-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So just get the roller and then the tlr kit and im ready to go right i will go with the rx8 and scx4.5 unless the other motor is better
If you have not purchased a motor yet, get the 4600kv 540 4 pole tekin. Rusn stronger, smoother, and lighter.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Thanks for your setup on your esc casper.. worked great.. only thing i didnt do was the 80% current limiter.. thats prolly why i died before the 10 min mark in the main.. lol.. but thanks again..

temps were way down just swapping the speedo from the KO. i had to go up to the 15t pinion..

thanks again for all the help..
Glad the setup worked.

jewn_beef-- If he is still truly a rookie look at the 4000KV Pro-4 motor The 4600 is a LOT of motor and I think he will have more fun with the 4000 which will have plenty of power but not be out of control. The 4000 is still a lot of motor for one of these trucks.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

the 4000kv is PLENTY. most guys are dialing down the 4600 anyway, but some gotta have the biggest and baddest even if it's beyond their capabilities and the scope of their track size, etc..
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
the 4000kv is PLENTY. most guys are dialing down the 4600 anyway, but some gotta have the biggest and baddest even if it's beyond their capabilities and the scope of their track size, etc..
That's me :P

If I only learn one thing from my father, it will be that ... "If a little is good. A lot has got to be better"

No seriously, yeah dial it down on your RX* then if you cant keep your finger off the throttle

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.