Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

so sorry !!!!!!I have looked at 500 pages trying to find the part number to run the long brace rod on the BCE chassie,, can someone post the part number for me please Thanks
Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Hello everyone. Has anybody ever heard of the motor mount made from eliterc ??? Heard many stories from various racers at my local track ( NorCal Hobbies ) about the stock motor mount bending fairly easily. All of them said to upgrade the motor mount if I can. Alot of them recommended the motor mount made from elite rc. Here's the website:

www.elitercd.com

Anybody have an experience with these motor mounts ? Thanks for your help.

Last time i checked He was going out of business....So if you want a Elite mount, I would act fast.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Servo voltage

Haven't found an answer but just in case:
Is there a way to increase the voltage from the bec (on an rx8 or external bec on a mmp/mmm) that goes to the servo? I understand it drops the voltage to 6v but I have a HV servo and wouldn't hurt using that extra torque/speed.
Thanks
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
yep

on big air i stay wide open on the throttle till i reach the peak of the jump. then i tap the brakes to level it out if i need to
It's going to vary on setup, motor and brake settings, but I try to keep on power right to the top of the jump and just barely tap the brakes to downside if I can. Even at lowered brake strength, too much brake will nose my truck down and lawn dart. Other than that, my truck jumps pretty level.

I do have a bad habit of getting back on the throttle a little too early, but I've also found that ballooning the tires helps absorb the big jumps as well.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
Is there a way to increase the voltage from the bec (on an rx8 or external bec on a mmp/mmm) that goes to the servo? I understand it drops the voltage to 6v but I have a HV servo and wouldn't hurt using that extra torque/speed.
Thanks
I don’t recall any way of increasing the output on an RX8. On the MMP you definitely can change the output of the BEC with the castle link software. Also you can hook up the external BEC from castle to the same castle link and adjust that as well for those who have them. I have never owned an MMM so I can’t answer that, though I suspect it is the same.

Also the RTR ESC has that option as well, being an MMP rebadge.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
I donít recall any way of increasing the output on an RX8. On the MMP you definitely can change the output of the BEC with the castle link software. Also you can hook up the external BEC from castle to the same castle link and adjust that as well for those who have them. I have never owned an MMM so I canít answer that, though I suspect it is the same.

Randy @ Tekin has a Diagram of how to get 7.4 to your Rx, BUT you have to be running a 2x 2S set-up like the dingo and Snake.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you have a hv servo and receiver that can handle the voltage you can run direct off of the battery or balance plug to receiver and disconnect the red wire from the esc to receiver.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok trying to decide what motor. I'm going to be racing on a small indoor track, and I mean small. I want to get a pro4 ad I don't know what version The 4000, 4600, or The 3300. I was leaning towards the 4600 but I'm not sure why because I'm not clear on the differences in the kv.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Can anyone point me in the right direction for stopping the droop screws from eating my chassis?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
Thanks
MMP you can chang it up to 7v
MMM 5.5 fixed (not sure about 5.5 but its below 6v and its fixed)

if you are running 3Cell you sould get external bec to bump up the voltage.
but if you are mainly with 2C then you will not benifit that much from your hv servo and you also need to adjust your driving style along with your 2 cell voltage drop/usage...maybe you will benifit hv servo if you set voltage cut off at 3.7v per cell.
since this is scte thread and many people run 2cell mainly. i would personally get something that performs best at 6v.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Last time i checked He was going out of business....So if you want a Elite mount, I would act fast.
Hmmmmm havent heard of this before ? Do tell !
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
I donít recall any way of increasing the output on an RX8. On the MMP you definitely can change the output of the BEC with the castle link software. Also you can hook up the external BEC from castle to the same castle link and adjust that as well for those who have them. I have never owned an MMM so I canít answer that, though I suspect it is the same.

Randy @ Tekin has a Diagram of how to get 7.4 to your Rx, BUT you have to be running a 2x 2S set-up like the dingo and Snake.
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
If you have a hv servo and receiver that can handle the voltage you can run direct off of the battery or balance plug to receiver and disconnect the red wire from the esc to receiver.
Thanks! Being a newb to electric I went and bought that hv servo and now realized that it wasn't needed. Its only giving around 120oz so I'm looking for around 170oz and lower than .15sec
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Integra. I'll purchase one of them today at my LHS.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction for stopping the droop screws from eating my chassis?
I used 10/32 X 1/2 buten head screws. ground a grove in the end and grinded the head round and replaced the droup screw.. thats one way hope this helps
Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow~ i wanna see 2x 2c setup~!!!!! are they running 14v? or 10k mah
thanks
remy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.