Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Has anyone tried this can I get some input....
17 mm i ran in my slash was junk you gta sc bro not an E buggy.
Turn it back to SC and be merry.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have not noticed a difference here.
Using Pro-Line 17mm adapters for the rear of the Slash 2wd for all 4 corners.
Now going to try the M2C adapters for the Ten-T and just cut off the thread part of the Ten-T axles as the SCTE axles have broken twice on me (1 time cost me a main that I was leading).
To be fair I race mostly on large open 1/8 tracks with big jumps. I think the Ten-T axles will give me no more probs with my 17mm option that I personally like better since I'll run buggy tires at these tracks and 17mm DE Racing SCT wheels at others.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

ok what gresse are you guys replacing the stock stuff with.
i went to diff oils and my truck got slower so i like to go back to gresse

can the stuff be bought at auto zone or some where or is order stuff let me know
Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop

can the stuff be bought at auto zone or some where or is order stuff let me know
i would think that the associated black grease would be a good choice..............Its a good viscosity...imo.....
Old 12-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Huh?
Old 12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I switched over to Mobil 1 synthetic grease. The truck handles great and people comment on how quiet it is.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey guys need some input:

I'm thinking about buying a SCTE and the one I'm looking at has the 17mm buggy wheel conversion done to it. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I plan to run it in the open class but as far as handling goes does this improve the handling of the SCTE or degrade it? Also any other info on the conversion would be helpful.

Thanks......
That sort of conversion is really not needed. Totally unwarranted.

It would improve handling, but in most sanctioned events it would not be legal. At club races you could probably get by, but most likely would be frowned on by the more veteran racers.

I'm not sure why a club race would be so competitive, so if you want to compete, then look at replacing them with the Losi clamp on hexes and stick with regular SCT wheels and tires. That way when you go to a real race you have practice on legal shoes, and don't have to re-buy equipment.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Is the aluminum servo horn - the Losi one - that folks are using on their trucks longer than the kit plastic horn? The one with the two holes? A longer horn would hive you more steering and I'm always looking for more steering.
It can be longer, but it won't give you 'more steering' because both can cause the steering system to go lock to lock. The outer holes of the aluminum arm will reach the steering end points quicker, but will also cause it to be much twitchier, which will actually cause the trucker to be harder to control consistently.

I am not a fan of plastic arms, so I'd suggest the aluminum arm, inner hole, and tuning your truck a bit differently.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by larlev
Chop...don't forget the Viper R45/Copperhead system. I have the R45 w/mmp now and it is very, very nice. The price difference is huge.
I know it's not out yet, so maybe a mute point. Another great option
I'd +1 this as well. I know I busted Viper's balls in the past with the whole first post/exclusion thing, but that was just for the sake of fair exposure. I really like the Viper stuff and want to get my hands on that system. It seems to be a great price and value
Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Losi made the stock grease available seperatly
Old 12-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Losi made the stock grease available seperatly
part number?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goehm
That sort of conversion is really not needed. Totally unwarranted.

It would improve handling, but in most sanctioned events it would not be legal. At club races you could probably get by, but most likely would be frowned on by the more veteran racers.

I'm not sure why a club race would be so competitive, so if you want to compete, then look at replacing them with the Losi clamp on hexes and stick with regular SCT wheels and tires. That way when you go to a real race you have practice on legal shoes, and don't have to re-buy equipment.
There is nowhere in the ROAR rules that says you cannot run 17mm wheel hexes but without a doubt you cannot run any other tire than legal SCT tires and must stay within legal width.
That is where you can run the 17mm DE Racing SCT wheels and still use legal tires.
And they keep you still in the legal width when used with the right 17mm wheel hexes which the Pro-Line 17mm hex adapter for the rear of the Slash will do.
This was just for info not to start a war or anything.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Losb3590
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
There is nowhere in the ROAR rules that says you cannot run 17mm wheel hexes but without a doubt you cannot run any other tire than legal SCT tires and must stay within legal width.
That is where you can run the 17mm DE Racing SCT wheels and still use legal tires.
And they keep you still in the legal width when used with the right 17mm wheel hexes which the Pro-Line 17mm hex adapter for the rear of the Slash will do.
This was just for info not to start a war or anything.
I did the 17MM mod using Ten-T axles and 810 hubs cut down on the back side. I did this so I could use DE 17MM SCT wheels on all my SC trucks. I've taken careful measurements and it seems to be 1/3" wider than the ROAR legal limit with the DE SC 17MM wheels. I don't race anywhere that cares about the 1/3" so that's OK for me.

If it was really an issue, I believe that 1/3" could be compensated for with custom hinge pin holders (actually contacted SNR Graphite about them at one point and he said he could do it) but for now I am leaving it.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta_man
I did the 17MM mod using Ten-T axles and 810 hubs cut down on the back side. I did this so I could use DE 17MM SCT wheels on all my SC trucks. I've taken careful measurements and it seems to be 1/3" wider than the ROAR legal limit with the DE SC 17MM wheels. I don't race anywhere that cares about the 1/3" so that's OK for me.

If it was really an issue, I believe that 1/3" could be compensated for with custom hinge pin holders (actually contacted SNR Graphite about them at one point and he said he could do it) but for now I am leaving it.
Yep, I concur that as well with the M2C hexes I got since they are thicker than the Pro-Line hexes I kept on for this season.
But the Ten-T axles are beefier and will stand up to way more abuse than the stock axles will so I decided to go the Ten-T route myself and could care less what anyone thinks about how I play with my TOYS, LOL
I have not done the 810 hex mod but they are thicker than the Pro-Lines too and I can see how that makes the truck too wide.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.