Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 04:19 PM
  #24781  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
willbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 640
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
He came in here looking for advice and I gave it to him. But thanks for the update on his soldering skills. I'll make sure and file that away. Lol.
Sorry rcgod, Didn't mean any offense, just trying to help check one other thing off as people read thru the thread.

I know that he and the kids are at his folks for the holidays.

As he said, nothing changed other than moving everything from vehicle to the scte.
willbe is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 04:21 PM
  #24782  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
Dustin evans latest setup uses 3/3/2 in the diffs. I just changed mine to this from 5/5/3 and the springs he uses also i believe blue front purple rear......not sure how the truck will feel now but will see tomorrow nite. Runnin on hard packed indoors
I have been running this setup on a medium size, medium traction track. It works great as long as you have throttle control. Rotates very good and does exactly what you tell the truck to do.
losi b is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
  #24783  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: RC Nutcase
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So I finally broke down and got myself a SCTE. I plan on using my MMP I have sitting around in conjunction with my castle 3800kv 1410 motor (with the 3mm shaft). Two questions:

1. For those of you using the 3800 on this truck, what BRAND of pinion gears are you using? It seems like it needs a shorter pinion and the one I have wont work. The stock 3800 shaft doesnt stick out too bad so i really need a short pinion.


2. on 2s lipo, I plan on running this Hog at WCRC, OCRC, and SDRC.... all of which are small-medium sized indoor clay. Im thining a 14t pinion to get a baseline? Please advise.


Thanks!
Fleshgearf150 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 06:09 PM
  #24784  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
So I finally broke down and got myself a SCTE. I plan on using my MMP I have sitting around in conjunction with my castle 3800kv 1410 motor (with the 3mm shaft). Two questions:

1. For those of you using the 3800 on this truck, what BRAND of pinion gears are you using? It seems like it needs a shorter pinion and the one I have wont work.


2. on 2s lipo, I plan on running this Hog at WCRC, OCRC, and SDRC.... all of which are small-medium sized indoor clay. Im thining a 14t pinion to get a baseline? Please advise.


Thanks!
1. I use Robinson Racing Pinons, they are hardened, Very little wear.
2. Never raced at any of those tracks Sadly, no input there sorry.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 06:12 PM
  #24785  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: RC Nutcase
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
1. I use Robinson Racing Pinons, they are hardened, Very little wear.
2. Never raced at any of those tracks Sadly, no input there sorry.
no worries. thanks for the input. so the Robinson pinions are pretty "short" and fit on the 3800 just right? Im assuming youre using the 3800?
Fleshgearf150 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 06:42 PM
  #24786  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
no worries. thanks for the input. so the Robinson pinions are pretty "short" and fit on the 3800 just right? Im assuming youre using the 3800?
Yes, Mine fit with no issues on that motor. A sleeve will be needed though.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 06:46 PM
  #24787  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

13-15t pinions usually provide a good baseline.
cm.stites is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 PM
  #24788  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: RC Nutcase
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Yes, Mine fit with no issues on that motor. A sleeve will be needed though.
K, I think I have a sleeve. Now I know OFNA makes 3mm Mod 1 pinions that obviously dont require a sleeve. Do you happen to know if they fit?
Fleshgearf150 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:45 PM
  #24789  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (68)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,624
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Yes, they fit fine. I'm running one with a 3800kv Castle motor too.
Dan is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:55 PM
  #24790  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I know people say buy tekin or buy twice or something like that lol
But i bought a mamba 3800kv for a good price but I really want a motor with more power. I run on a large outdoor 8th scale track and its normally over 90 almost all year, which motor do you suggest? Tekin pro4 4000 or 4600? Other?
I also read about the tenshock sc411 coming out but I think there will be no support if something goes wrong. Planning on using it with MMP. Please advice!
Panda-PR is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 PM
  #24791  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,994
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
I know people say buy tekin or buy twice or something like that lol
But i bought a mamba 3800kv for a good price but I really want a motor with more power. I run on a large outdoor 8th scale track and its normally over 90 almost all year, which motor do you suggest? Tekin pro4 4000 or 4600? Other?
I also read about the tenshock sc411 coming out but I think there will be no support if something goes wrong. Planning on using it with MMP. Please advice!
I would say the Tekin Pro4 4600.
I have the 4000 and its a BEAST!
But on a large track the 4600 should be good!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:14 PM
  #24792  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
rcguy76559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jarrell tx
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

tenshock sc411 is not roar approved unless they change some rules in 2012. i would run rx8 pro 4 4600. if roar don't matter then get then tenshock 5200kv
rcguy76559 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:18 PM
  #24793  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
I know people say buy tekin or buy twice or something like that lol
But i bought a mamba 3800kv for a good price but I really want a motor with more power. I run on a large outdoor 8th scale track and its normally over 90 almost all year, which motor do you suggest? Tekin pro4 4000 or 4600? Other?
I also read about the tenshock sc411 coming out but I think there will be no support if something goes wrong. Planning on using it with MMP. Please advice!
Viper is another good choice. They should be out Dec.
I have been running the R45/MMP and is a beast. Check into their Copperhead system.....$150 makes it a steal
larlev is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:31 PM
  #24794  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
rcguy76559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jarrell tx
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Viper is another good choice. They should be out Dec.
I have been running the R45/MMP and is a beast. Check into their Copperhead system.....$150 makes it a steal
oh yeah i for got +1 and they got a 5150kv
rcguy76559 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 PM
  #24795  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
2. on 2s lipo, I plan on running this Hog at WCRC, OCRC, and SDRC.... all of which are small-medium sized indoor clay. Im thining a 14t pinion to get a baseline? Please advise.
For the 3800, 16t works perfect at OCRC and WCRC. 14t feels slow.
Jedev is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.