Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
bump
Not needed really.
I do run 8ight springs with stock shocks, but only because the spring kits were not out yet when I bought my truck.
If you have them...put them on, wouldn't say they are needed though.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What wheels and tires are you guys running on carpet? What would be the best?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
I really like the JConcepts Rulux for the SCTE they look even better than the version that everyone runs for 2wd.
so does that mean you will bring me some bushings saturday?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default punchy feel

Originally Posted by mo View Post
Really depends on the size of the track. On a small indoor track, approx 90ft straight, I run a 13 pinion with 10 degrees timing in the speedo. On the outdoor tracks with about 120 to 150 ft straight, I run 15 tooth with 0 timing in the speedo.

anyone have one of these? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext

do you get more punch with the timing up indoors? jw, havent tried it yet just run timing at 0 Rx8 and pro4 4000 14/40 , our track is similar in size ..

Last edited by EricInNeenah; 11-22-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricInNeenah View Post

do you get more punch with the timing up indoors? jw, havent tried it yet just run timing at 0 Rx8 and pro4 4000 14/40 , our track is similar in size ..
I have heard that timing doesn't do much for the Pro4 except to make it run hotter. I think the Pro4 has plenty of pop bone stock. At least that is how I have mine and it rips!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Edit: Answered my own question!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything. Life just seems to give me less and less time for fooling around online. Anyway. I got some pretty exciting news. Last Saturday at the track, Ryan gave me a bag to put it's currently unobtainable contents onto my truck. Have I piqued your interest yet? The contents? Well, they haven't come out yet, but are expected out hopefully in the near future. I know, I know, "GET TO IT!!! WHAT IS IT?!?!?" Ok, I'll get to it lol He gave me a bag full of the hardened aluminum ball stud, camber and steering ball set. I haven't put them on yet, but my plan is to do so either Thursday or Friday. They look like very good quality pieces though and I look forward to putting them on. I'll do a little write up and take pix of them as I put them onto my truck, I'll also do a few side by side pix so you can see the differences besides the coloration of them.

That's really all I've got for now, just wanted to kinda check in since I haven't been very active posting lately. Hope everyone's doing well with your trucks and putting them on the podium!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything. Life just seems to give me less and less time for fooling around online. Anyway. I got some pretty exciting news. Last Saturday at the track, Ryan gave me a bag to put it's currently unobtainable contents onto my truck. Have I piqued your interest yet? The contents? Well, they haven't come out yet, but are expected out hopefully in the near future. I know, I know, "GET TO IT!!! WHAT IS IT?!?!?" Ok, I'll get to it lol He gave me a bag full of the hardened aluminum ball stud, camber and steering ball set. I haven't put them on yet, but my plan is to do so either Thursday or Friday. They look like very good quality pieces though and I look forward to putting them on. I'll do a little write up and take pix of them as I put them onto my truck, I'll also do a few side by side pix so you can see the differences besides the coloration of them.

That's really all I've got for now, just wanted to kinda check in since I haven't been very active posting lately. Hope everyone's doing well with your trucks and putting them on the podium!
That got my attention! Look forward to seeing the pictures and how they work out!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post

I just used the losi eight balls. I did have to do a little cutting on the steering link balls. Still glad they are finally coming out with them.

1airborne
Old 11-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just picked up a new SCTE. What are the common parts that break that I should keep on hand?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Wink What ive broke..

Originally Posted by BradS View Post
Just picked up a new SCTE. What are the common parts that break that I should keep on hand?
I broke a hindge pin and striped a Sper gear.... thats all with this TANK!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default SNR

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
Okay so I have a set of the 1/8th scale big bores and I just bought a new set of stock shocks for the scte. I want to upgrade my shock towers, but if I do I want to get the right ones. Should I run the stock shocks or buy the taller carbon towers from snr and go with my big bores? My truck is not lightened at all seemed when I tried my stock shocks out before selling them they bottomed out too easy. Also I liked the feel of the big bores better. Anyone have any input on big bore vs stock shock I would really appreciate the help!! Im just an average club racer and need any help I can get in landing jumps, and getting consistent lap times
Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
bump
Get the carbon taller ones if you go with the 8 shocks!
The ten shocks work real good with the piston kit and new springs! Cut the bladders and your good to go!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricInNeenah View Post

If you get too low on the gearing, it feels like you lose power overall. I needed a little bit more power to clear a long triple, that wasn't meant to be a triple , but I didn't want to gear up a tooth so I added a little timing instead and that did the trick. Sometimes you can use a little timing as a cheat to go up 1/2 a pinion size.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BradS View Post
I would get the CF losi shock towers. then the shock springs to tune er up. an extra set of arms is cool if you drive like me. i hit a poll at the track and tore off an arm. tires are a must for different track conditions. a screw set from Tony's. extra drive shaft, just in case. a rear bumper, a spear gear. a 12 13 14 pinion gear 4600 rx8 pro 4 motor and your good to go..
Old 11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone having to go up in shock oil after converting to emulsion? With the same weight oil I had to go up one spring to get the ride height the same. Even then the collars were 3/4 of the way down. Checked for binding with the shocks off and there is none. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.