Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cm.stites
what setup are you running
Running a stock set up with oil in the diffs.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benny 13
how are you guys stacking up to the sc10 4x4's in TIGHT indoor tracks? will be moving to tight indoors were this truck dominated big outdoor
it will completely dominate on tight indoors like it did for you out doors mate

i was running mine on a 40 foot x 30 foot track that was 5 foot lanes at the most and out of 18 rounds losi SCTE won 16 of them
Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Traction Roll

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Can someone help please. I am running on a high bite track and trying to dial out some side
Side bite out. I keep traction rolling.

are you running at 27mm ride height or below? I had to get the new tuning spring pack to achieve 27mm in the rear..i think with the stock springs you can get 28mm with the collars all the way up. I followed the the dakotah phend setup , and my scte corners much more planted instead of skipping through turns or traction rolling

hacker: are you guys trying anything new on the scte setup for Trackside?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

this is the first vehicle i've ever bought that wasn't a kit, aside from mini-zs and one tamtech.

i'm incredibly particular and build static models as well, so i like to think that i build things with great precision.

how would you rate the build quality on the truck? i'm the type that goes over everything and cuts/files all flashing, reams holes that might be off, uses purple loc-tite (or better, depends) on all screws, etc.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by builthatch
this is the first vehicle i've ever bought that wasn't a kit, aside from mini-zs and one tamtech.

i'm incredibly particular and build static models as well, so i like to think that i build things with great precision.

how would you rate the build quality on the truck? i'm the type that goes over everything and cuts/files all flashing, reams holes that might be off, uses purple loc-tite (or better, depends) on all screws, etc.
Build quality is good, but if your the type... Take the time and completely dissassemble it and put it together your way. You will enjoy it too! It's not that bad!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm impressed with the purple loctite as it is what I only use too and most are not even aware as it being the correct thread locker to use with such small fasteners.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
I'm impressed with the purple loctite as it is what I only use too and most are not even aware as it being the correct thread locker to use with such small fasteners.
yep, some people don't even know it exists! i've gotten some funny looks looking for it, haha. stuff is great. just enough to keep things from vibrating out without gumming anything up.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The quality is pretty good. I pulled out all of my diffs before running it and there was more than enough grease in the gear boxes and diffs. 2 of the screws holding the battery tray in from the bottom of the chassis were stripped from the factory though
Old 11-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Keeferton
The quality is pretty good. I pulled out all of my diffs before running it and there was more than enough grease in the gear boxes and diffs. 2 of the screws holding the battery tray in from the bottom of the chassis were stripped from the factory though
If youre gonna do a complete tewar down buy a set of Tony's screws to replace all the screws a lot of the screws are of poor quality and strip easily so be careful and make sure you have good wrenches when you disassemble
I had no problems but some on this forum have stripped screws
Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They build the cars well. The few I have looked at have screws tight and all that. I would recommend tearing it down and going over the car if you are going to race it though. There are always little things we all do to make sure arms are free and shocks are properly bleed etc that help when racing.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I di a tear down right out of the box. Replaced stock diff pins with Chris pins and filled with fluid. Been runnin strong for five weekends at the track. I'm impressed the most with the amount of steering these have.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile
If youre gonna do a complete tewar down buy a set of Tony's screws to replace all the screws a lot of the screws are of poor quality and strip easily so be careful and make sure you have good wrenches when you disassemble
I had no problems but some on this forum have stripped screws
+1

Tony's set is awesome, worth the investment.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Mine was built pretty well, even the servo saver was locktited. The only issue was two of the screws in the front diff were strongly overtightened, so it was impossible to get them out without a dremel. Of course you're best off going through the whole car before running it, for peace of mind.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

new to rc without reading 1600 pages what do you guys use to clean old diff oil and junk out of diffs when rebuilding and re oiling diffs?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hot water. tooth brush Dawn dish washing liquid cleans better then tooth paste

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.