Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoobie1
In its previous config., with the TLR chassis it weighed 4.94 lbs w/no body or tires. With the Xtreme chassis, its 4.83 lbs w/no body, tires. Im going to get it on the track @ Outback Raceway today and will be racing it Saturday. This is just a test mule, so Im going to wait to pass judgment until Ive put some time on it. Its going to be a busy weekend
They feel rock solid on the bench.

Not sure if this is what your after, but I did get a pic of the kickup plate/chassis joint

Urg, Cant say im too impressed to see a Hybrid chassis like that, There's been a few over the year's try it like that or similar and All i know is they all failed Miserably.

Whats the weight of the chassis Alone ?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Urg, Cant say im too impressed to see a Hybrid chassis like that, There's been a few over the year's try it like that or similar and All i know is they all failed Miserably.

Whats the weight of the chassis Alone ?
I understand completely...But I have to say, this chassis is fast! I broke my personal best fast lap by almost a half a second on the first battery, and by the end of the night I was running some really fast laps. Durability is the next test, but Ive got a race to run with it first...

264g
Old 11-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, may have been covered, but I haven't found it if it was... can you purchase either an upgraded/ replacement pin "cover" for the drive shaft coupler seperately?

Also, looks like it in the picture, but just to make sure, does http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ar-Drive-Shaft come with the screw? I lost mine when everything came apart...

thx
Brad

Last edited by bdechenzio; 11-19-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default SLICKS

Originally Posted by DBL15
looks great mate but why the slicks? are you running it on a onroad track or something?
I RUN AT AN INDOOR CLAY TRACK THE SURFACE IS SMOOTH AND DAMP. JUST WANTED TO SEE HOW A SET OF SLICKS WOULD HOOK UP ON THIS TYPE OF SURFACE. THE SLICKS ARE A SUPER SOFT COMPOUND.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

So I jumped ship from my SC104x4 and just purchased the Losi 4x4. I think I have a handle on shock, diff oil, pinion for the tracks I run on.

What are the must have spare parts to have at the track? If I remember reading right way back, the diff pins were an issue and Losi was replacing those to customers. Is that still a problem? My LHS had to order my new truck because they were out. Are the latest versions still having that issue?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by mtnbiker67
So I jumped ship from my SC104x4 and just purchased the Losi 4x4. I think I have a handle on shock, diff oil, pinion for the tracks I run on.

What are the must have spare parts to have at the track? If I remember reading right way back, the diff pins were an issue and Losi was replacing those to customers. Is that still a problem? My LHS had to order my new truck because they were out. Are the latest versions still having that issue?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
diffs are fine now. truck is a winner out the box, go drive it and have fun!

*Carbonfiber shocktowes
*HD outdrives is all you need to upgrade.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Got all of my electronics in and went to break in the diffs per the manual. It feels like the diffs are filled with diff fluid and not just grease??? Is this right? I was about to pull my diffs out and fill them, but if they are full im going to try the kit setup before i start tuning.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I understand completely...But I have to say, this chassis is fast! I broke my personal best fast lap by almost a half a second on the first battery, and by the end of the night I was running some really fast laps. Durability is the next test, but Ive got a race to run with it first...

264g
Interesting, What's the retail on it ?

Originally Posted by Keeferton
Got all of my electronics in and went to break in the diffs per the manual. It feels like the diffs are filled with diff fluid and not just grease??? Is this right? I was about to pull my diffs out and fill them, but if they are full im going to try the kit setup before i start tuning.

I Honestly preferred the grease Vs Oil with essentially the Exact same set-up.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
diffs are fine now. truck is a winner out the box, go drive it and have fun!

*Carbonfiber shocktowes
*HD outdrives is all you need to upgrade.
Thanks! I've read that the outdrives are a must upgrade. I have the tuning kit for it already which include the towers.

What I'm really after though is if I'll need any replacement parts for the track. Such as: screws, nuts, small parts and such. Eventually I'll accumulate all the normal parts, a-arms and parts like that. I'm just looking for the must haves to start.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Ok if anyone can help me out. I know it was probably already answered a thousand times but bear with me. I am switching from a AE 4x4 to this truck. My current electronics is a Hitec, .10 speed servo with 130-135 oz of torque cant remeber exactly. A LRP SXX v2 tc spec esc and a tekin 5.5 motor. Will these electronics work ok in this truck? Is there any mods to do right out of the box. For example, screws backing out that need loctite, things not built right etc. Thanks in advance for the help.
Anyone have any suggestions.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Anyone have any suggestions.
your electronics will work fine in a scte, as for concern areas, i would replace the shock towers to carbon towers, also the hardend outdrives are a good hop up, the tlr tuning kit is well worth the money. start with the tlr kit and you'll be racing hard.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jwemail
your electronics will work fine in a scte, as for concern areas, i would replace the shock towers to carbon towers, also the hardend outdrives are a good hop up, the tlr tuning kit is well worth the money. start with the tlr kit and you'll be racing hard.
Thanks for the info. If you dont mind sharing why switch to the carbon shock towers? Is there something wrong with the stock ones? Is the kit setup a good place to start?
Old 11-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Thanks! I've read that the outdrives are a must upgrade. I have the tuning kit for it already which include the towers.

What I'm really after though is if I'll need any replacement parts for the track. Such as: screws, nuts, small parts and such. Eventually I'll accumulate all the normal parts, a-arms and parts like that. I'm just looking for the must haves to start.
1 thing i did not think of for spares was the front bumper. my track carries a lot of losi parts so i figured they would stock that, but they did not. otherwise, i can't think of anything i have replaced that was not normal wear and tear.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Screws are great to have, shock parts like ends are a must , a arms , maybe bell cranks, diff fluids!! Rear bumper!! Body mounts!!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by omenwolf
Try the TLR 22 servo arm, it works perfect.
[/IMG]
where did you get the carbon fiber chassis brace?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.