Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I run a savox 1268 in one of my losi's and works amazing!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What would you guys recommend for a pinion if i were to run the traxxas vxl system in the scte?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Punt66 View Post
hahah thats true. The guy that i raced against with his losi liked that he was not getting pushed around as much with it because of the weight. I run a vehicle i designed and will be marketing soon. I wish i could show you gentlemen but i am waiting for my patent to be filed. I will release pics soon.
Please make your own forum thread to promote your vehicle especially seeing as you are using lies to promote it if you call it that. I will contact the forum admin if you continue to post on this thread. Thank you
Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moto225 View Post
wondering if i can get a quick rundown on how the diff oils work?
Per Losi SCTE manual:thin front oil increases off power steering,thick oil increases off power stability and increases on power steering.Thin center oil has lees forward drive can unload more under acceleration and is easy to drive on rough and slik tracks.Thicker center oil has more acceleration,increases on power steering and less off power steering. Thin rear oil has more corner traction and increases steering in the middle of the turn.Thick oil in the rear has less steering in the middle of the turn and more forward traction.Hope that helps
Old 03-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LongIslandLosi View Post
Casper or Ryan, just finished rigging the truck. Programmed the esc and ran it on the stand. Had a lot of gear noise.Checked and rechecked mesh, OK. I did notice that the outdrives on the center diff were "orbiting". Is this normal?
The outdrives do "orbit" a little I guess. Check the top plate to make sure the gear cover portion isnt touching the spur. I noticed that on one out of the 15 or so running and nipped it off and it was good.

Originally Posted by dirtracer1 View Post
What would the grease be equivalent too? Or is there a direct comparison to known diff oil?

Also, is 5-7-3 becoming the norm for set-up now.....and what page is Ryan's set-up on?
There is no equivalent for grease as grease grabs the gears different and also reacts different as it heats up. We run oil for more consistant start to finish runs. Just put something like 2-3k in all three diffs and it will be the feeling you like. Many of us are running 5/3/3 but you do lose some acceleration form the low center oil weight. But we have a ton of grip at our track and our trucks are good.

Originally Posted by Teambcw View Post
I have read your post on servo selection for the scte and i went out and bought a Savox SC1257TG, thats all they had in stock. I am going to run a MMP which i know you dislike but that is what i have. my question is do you think i will have any problems like needing a bec? Also a friend at the track said that is a horrible servo for that application saying it is way to fast and it is made for 4.4 volts and it will fry if i run it. I just dont know what to do. Thanks for any help you can give!
I am not sure there is a too fast really. You can always turn the expo up on your transmitter to slow it down. Im not sure if it is 4.4volts as I have never seen a servo that is made for that low of voltage.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Per Losi SCTE manual:thin front oil increases off power steering,thick oil increases off power stability and increases on power steering.Thin center oil has lees forward drive can unload more under acceleration and is easy to drive on rough and slik tracks.Thicker center oil has more acceleration,increases on power steering and less off power steering. Thin rear oil has more corner traction and increases steering in the middle of the turn.Thick oil in the rear has less steering in the middle of the turn and more forward traction.Hope that helps

Now this is a post that deserves another spot on Page 1.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
There is no equivalent for grease as grease grabs the gears different and also reacts different as it heats up. We run oil for more consistant start to finish runs. Just put something like 2-3k in all three diffs and it will be the feeling you like. Many of us are running 5/3/3 but you do lose some acceleration form the low center oil weight. But we have a ton of grip at our track and our trucks are good.

Thanks hacker......I haven't had a chance to play with the truck yet (too much work), but I was thinking 5/5/3 as a start. Our track is outside, clay, sometimes lose/dusty and usually grooves.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SCTE?

Quick question, My truck likes to nose dive off every jump. Is that a setup problem or inherent to 4X4 SC trucks (this is my first 4X4)? I haven't messed with the springs yet, will that help? It seems like I have to mash the gas just to keep it level. I would like to stay away from adding weight to an already heavy truck.
info
RS mounted on center diff
Tekin SCT4 5.5 on lipo
Stock spring and oil

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
body DONE.

Thanks Raper
That is one wicked paint job! How did you get the blue to have that look
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default mmp, and truck weight info pass along.

Hey guys, just thought id pass along some info as i knows theres alot of concern when it comes to the mmp
ran mine on two different tracks this past weekend, one indoor carpet, with jumps (high traction and 70) and an indoor offroad super pack clay with wooden jumps. (Much colder, and less traction)
im running a mamba max pro, with no fan, a novac 4.5hv 550, 14t pinion and 4000mah lipo.
truck is stupid fast, and handles awesome.
highest temp so far on the mmp was 155, and that was on the "no slip" carpet in a heated building., i plan to order the fan for it this week.
motor temps are far less.
had no problem making the 6+7 min mains. And the truck ready to run weighted in at 6.6lbs, via a certified scale.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

My friend S/X Runner is running a TEN-T E conversion as a 1/10th truggy. He has been using 7-7-2 and the truck is hooked up. I just got my TEN-T together and haven't had it on the track yet, but that is where I'm starting.

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
we are running in loose and loamy at nite with loose and dusty in the daytime. although there are a lot of sections that are hardpacked most is loamy and loose..
I'm thinking of going 7-7-3
i like the way a front one way works on slippery on road tracks and my thinking is that putting 7 in the front might be good.
7 in the middle for good launches in loose stuff is my theory on the 7 in the middle and well three should keep the rear end in control.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hotdog711 View Post
Quick question, My truck likes to nose dive off every jump. Is that a setup problem or inherent to 4X4 SC trucks (this is my first 4X4)? I haven't messed with the springs yet, will that help? It seems like I have to mash the gas just to keep it level. I would like to stay away from adding weight to an already heavy truck.
info
Tekin SCT4 5.5 on lipo
Stock spring and oil

Thanks,
Brian
Check your battery placement in the battery tray. In the TEN-SCTE, you can put your battery in one of three positions (forward, centered or to the rear) on the tray. Check the manual, it will tell you how to adjust for that. Also, a little bit of throttle coming off a jump is okay....it what allows you to get the nose up and land smoothly if you ask me.

Do you really have your RS mounted on your center diff support brace??
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default stripped screws?

i stripped a screw in the rear diff cover. i could have gotten it out, but i was worried i didnt have a replacement so i left the grease in and ran 3-3-grease.

almost stripped some of the other screws in the front and center but was able to remove them. anyone else have this trouble? they were super tight.

can anyone tell me the size of the screw so i can pick some up? i see you have to buy the whole diff case and its on back order anyway.

thanks.

p.s.
my first ever paint jobs and a tribute to my alma mater
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img00092-20110307-1735.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img00093-20110307-1735.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img00089-20110307-1734.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hotdog711 View Post
info
Tekin SCT4 5.5 on lipo
Stock spring and oil

Thanks,
Brian
With 4wd, I would't let off the gas until you are in the air, unlike in 2wd where you basically let off at the face of the jump.

You will see almost every single pro driver fly their 4wd nose down basically. IMO the correct way to fly them is, after you jump let off the throttle, the truck should start flying level, by the time the truck gets to where it should land, it should already start taking it's nose down. This should make the truck land perfectly. If it is flying perfectly, it should be doing this with basically no throttle input from you. If the truck does sometimes get a little too nose happy just a quick blip of the throttle should fix it.

I don't have a Losi, but I fly my Hyper 10SC using absolutely no brake or throttle in the air. It flies BEAUTIFULLY. I just jump it, let off the throttle, and by the time I need to land the truck seems to always get the nose down on it's own by the time we get to the landing. Very rarely do I need to fix it with brake or throttle. I'm sure the Losi can fly just as great. Just takes practice jumping a 4wd truck.

Remember that it takes VERY VERY little brake to get the nose down. So make sure you don't have drag brake setup on your ESC. If you ever have to touch the brake in the air, use VERY little brake. If you use too much, the truck will want to front flip.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I had a question on the shock piston. I see on Casey's setup sheet it says "5" for the piston and on Ryan's it says "3" and stock. I'm assuming that the "5" is bigger? Does anyone know a drill bit equivalent for these two sizes? Any other opinions on shock set ups?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.