Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Bmain, did you race at pegasus last night? lots of losi's out
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Bmain, did you race at pegasus last night? lots of losi's out
Yup,really juat had to stay out the way of everyone else that were in the last race of a point series final!Was just gettin track time and tryin to stay out their way!Have only been on track a few times in the last couple months due to $$$, but back to work so should get my track legs back soon!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Got a few upgrades for my truck

The badlands are for my practice days, They should hook up well at my local track since is mainly dusty/loose/moist. Cant wait to try them out.

Also: Socal Rain sucks ((((((((((((((
Old 11-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
I actually think the UK scte video is better, it just shows a little more action instead of like two jumps and the rest turns lol.

UK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWzU1pQ1nes
I just hoping they include this track (Herts) to the UK national series

It's an awsome track with a truggy, gotta try it with my SCTE.

Will def have to get a 4600KV motor as this is the only track I have to gear up on with the nitro's as the straight is looooong.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Feint, truck looks SICK. Is that the strc center diff mount? I have had one in my watch list for some time, thinking about hittin it.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post

Come on Low, don't be Coy with us How hard of a hit was it ?
let's just say I try to land on all four wheels now, instead of just one of the fronts.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Quick question for those of you that may be of help. What exactly are the little plastic caps on the front of the shock tower for? The half moon shaped ones that are for the mounting screws to the diff housing.

I've lost mine and I'm not even sure what purpose they served to begin with honestly. They don't look like they would do much of anything except act as a washer for some reason?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

-Fient,
- I also want to know how that Aluminum Center diff peice works, I have a issue with slop right where the bearing sits inside it with the center outdrives, To me it looked like the bearing was spinning inside it and wore it down.

I got a little driving time in today at my small track at my house track needed some work with all the leafs that been coming down, had to reshape the tripple and such. New motor/esc combo ran great.

This trucks such a beast nothing ever brakes no matter how hard a crash
Old 11-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
Feint, truck looks SICK. Is that the strc center diff mount? I have had one in my watch list for some time, thinking about hittin it.
Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
-Fient,
- I also want to know how that Aluminum Center diff peice works, I have a issue with slop right where the bearing sits inside it with the center outdrives, To me it looked like the bearing was spinning inside it and wore it down.
Indeed the STRC Center Diff mount.Yes! Buy it, It eliminated ALL the slop i had in that area. Its built very well. I didnt weigh it, not much more than the stock plastic piece I would amuse. The stock Plastic Motor mount i had, Had some wear in it, From the bearing, causing it to wobble a bit.
I have not drove my truck yet since the upgrade, Its built solid, Nice CNC finish, I can see no issues at all.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anyone tired the Jammin Chassis yet? if so what do you think?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigwave View Post
Quick question for those of you that may be of help. What exactly are the little plastic caps on the front of the shock tower for? The half moon shaped ones that are for the mounting screws to the diff housing.

I've lost mine and I'm not even sure what purpose they served to begin with honestly. They don't look like they would do much of anything except act as a washer for some reason?
The shock tower is on an angle, relative to the diff housing. These spacers allow the heads of the bolts that fasten the tower to the housing to sit flat.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
for all people who dont want clean gresse out your diff send me a set up sheet and 75 bucks and i go thoought your truck and clean it 100 i add the eletronics and send back race ready.

pm me for address
OK, but only if you try it out for a couple weeks when you're done, just to make sure it's fine.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
If I understand this right, you are using a shim that is the same size as the o-ring which means the pin and the large gear could ride on the metal insert if the o-ring compressed and the shim fit inside the o-rings hole. Have you seen any wear on the pin that goes through the outdrive shaft or the back side of the gear? This sounds like a promising fix to the terribly soft and weak shim plates. If it wasnt for those shim plates I bet I wouldnt ever have to do diff maintenance. Every time I tear them down, the pins, gears, oil and o-rings are all fine, the only problem is the stupid shim plates are practically gone and all the metal flakes are floating in the fuild.
Good question, i had the same concern since obviously the pressure pushes everything "outward"... So to answer, no, the pins and the insert showed no signs of wear and the diff fluid did not have the "metalic" color in it like before when the shim would break down...
Old 11-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default TL Servo Arm

I keep seeing a lot of pictures of trucks in here. To those that are using the TL aluminum servo arm, please consider using the inside hole. The outside hole give you positive expo and can make the truck much less predictable.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE View Post
Good question, i had the same concern since obviously the pressure pushes everything "outward"... So to answer, no, the pins and the insert showed no signs of wear and the diff fluid did not have the "metalic" color in it like before when the shim would break down...
Also the gear does'nt make contact since the pin is not entirely sunk into it, thats why you can see on the larger shims that wear, the pin eats into one side and the diff insert eats the other side...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.