Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Am I correct in remembering Hacker07 said losa6045 fits and is an upgrade?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ering-Link-Set
Fits?? It is the rod ends for the TLR torque Rod!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

I need help from someone that owns a rx8 I just wired in my rx8 and Pro 4 motor but I'm trying to Calibrate the ESC to the transmitter and im having a serious issue. I think its the hpi transmitter as I had issues trying to do it with my MMP esc.

Anyways here's what im doing, I turn on transmitter, Turn on rx8, Hold Mode button till it beeps, Let it find nuteral then beep, then throttle till beep, then brake till it beeps.

But after it finds the brake I let go and all the lights on the ESC are glowing and from what I seen on Tekin's rx8 setup, there's no radio singnal. I just don't get how that can be when it notices my brake and throttle input..

Trims were set at Zero, I tryed messing with them in different spots no luck, I also tried doing throttle reverse like tekin said and still nothing..

Can someone help me out PLEASE i want to try this pro 4 4600
Old 11-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
I need help from someone that owns a rx8 I just wired in my rx8 and Pro 4 motor but I'm trying to Calibrate the ESC to the transmitter and im having a serious issue. I think its the hpi transmitter as I had issues trying to do it with my MMP esc.

Anyways here's what im doing, I turn on transmitter, Turn on rx8, Hold Mode button till it beeps, Let it find nuteral then beep, then throttle till beep, then brake till it beeps.

But after it finds the brake I let go and all the lights on the ESC are glowing and from what I seen on Tekin's rx8 setup, there's no radio singnal. I just don't get how that can be when it notices my brake and throttle input..

Trims were set at Zero, I tryed messing with them in different spots no luck, I also tried doing throttle reverse like tekin said and still nothing..

without digging out my manual, I recall the RX8 being different than the castle speedos. I dont recall what order you do them in, but dont assume it is the same as your MMP. make sure you read the manual.

You may also have to increase the neutral deadband area in the RX8 if your trigger is sloppy. It may not be able to locate a true neutral.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

your doing it right mate

i would say your controller is not returning to netural points and its causeing your problems
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The order in which you are programming the RX8 is correct.

Did you set anything on the speed control using Hotwire or the speed control buttons?

If the speed control sees no signal all of the lights blink, so I don't think them being on solid means no signal, but I could be wrong.

It may have something to do with your end points on your radio or your neutral width settings on the speed control.

There are Tekin threads on RCTech, you may want to ask there as well and maybe they will have answers.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info, I think its this cheap HPI transmitter im using cause It wouldnt find netural on my MMP untill I did something random I dont even know and it worked. I'll go hit up the rx8 thread and mess around with it some more.

I meant to say that all the lights were blinking.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Try motor reverse on the hotwire. and re calibrate. If that dont work then switch motor wires and recalibrate again
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

I got it going I had to reset the rx8 to defualt settings then calibrate it and it worked perfect.

I've never owned or ran a sensored motor or any tekin gear untill today, Rx8-Pro 4 4600kv setup, And man is it awesome. To compair to my castle setup MMP/3800kv huge difference, I could never get the speed I needed to move this truck like the pro 4, I am running a 14t on the Tekin and was 16 on the Castle and the tekin is still faster and smooth as butter.

-Braking is perfect with this setup.

Only issue im having now is under full throttle the truck didn't want to track straight but I may need to adjust my trim, It's a lil after midnight and I was taking it down my driveway under my civic's high beams.

Anyone know where I can find a good Angel Finder for Droid Phones?? I know there's a nice one for the I Phone my buddy uses to adjust his truck.

I have the Hotwire from Tekin what is everyone running setting wise So I have a good starting point to go from.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

jump onto Hotwire set up page on Tekin website mate

use TY set up for the 4600 and SCTE is works very well and temps are good

dont put timing into 4 poles mate it only gets them hot
Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well, i got my Roller dropped on last night. Just waiting on the TLR chassis and tuning kit so i can start the tear down and rebuild. Going to be fun running this class.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Try motor reverse on the hotwire. and re calibrate. If that dont work then switch motor wires and recalibrate again
For those who dont know, DO NOT SWAP WIRES on a sensored motor. you can ONLY swap motor rotation inside the programming parameters. Im sure Dallas did it right, but just incase anyone else reads bully's post...

A goes to A, B goes to B, C goes to C

I got it going I had to reset the rx8 to defualt settings then calibrate it and it worked perfect.

I've never owned or ran a sensored motor or any tekin gear untill today, Rx8-Pro 4 4600kv setup, And man is it awesome. To compair to my castle setup MMP/3800kv huge difference, I could never get the speed I needed to move this truck like the pro 4, I am running a 14t on the Tekin and was 16 on the Castle and the tekin is still faster and smooth as butter.

-Braking is perfect with this setup.

Only issue im having now is under full throttle the truck didn't want to track straight but I may need to adjust my trim, It's a lil after midnight and I was taking it down my driveway under my civic's high beams.

Anyone know where I can find a good Angel Finder for Droid Phones?? I know there's a nice one for the I Phone my buddy uses to adjust his truck.

I have the Hotwire from Tekin what is everyone running setting wise So I have a good starting point to go from.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Im looking at the TY setup and I have a couple questions it says limiter @ 80 what exactly is that going to do?

And what does Throttle Profile 3 exactly do?

Should I set timming Advanced at 10? Is that on the ESC or the Motor?
thats what was on the TY setup

Sorry for the noob question I've never setup up a Rx8

Last edited by namewasdallas; 11-10-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have had it for two race weekends still in great shape, like the holes for the rc8 rear support and the free screws, it is the same material grade as the bce, so I am very pleased. I have had no issue, and the center diff and motor drop lower because you don't need the plastic tray anymore.

Originally Posted by rcguy76559 View Post
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...t-Chassis-SCTE

anyone running this chassis comes with screw kit?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Im looking at the TY setup and I have a couple questions it says limiter @ 80 what exactly is that going to do?

And what does Profile 3 exactly do?

Should I set timming Advanced at 10? Is that on the ESC or the Motor?
thats what was on the TY setup

Sorry for the noob question I've never setup up a Rx8
Profile 3 is just the throttle profile which iirc is just a linear standard profile. Timing 10 I believe is also a standard timing profile. I believe it is timing profile 1. As far as limiter @80, what it will do is lower your temps, lower your power consumption, and in theory, lower your power being supplied to the motor. In practice though, you should find that you wont notice a power difference between 100 and 80. What this means is you get longer run times, lower motor temps, and dont notice the theoretical drawbacks.

Going off memory on the profiles, but I think im right.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Lord

The Stock "Neutral Width" at 15 is probably a little low for your HPI remote, If you got it to work i would expect you were playing with the trigger when doing the calibrating, Adjust that Neutral width to 20 or more and the Neutral, Throttle, Brake calibrating will go much smoother.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.