Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
  #23896  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
KingdomRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,483
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigs View Post
no they are 9mm The are sold on snr graphite.com
Yes, 9mm taller but I think some on here think you meant thickness which is not the case.
It would be better to use the lower mounting holes for the stock shocks, the 9mm taller (upper) holes are meant for 1/8 scale shocks and IMO work best with the 8 2.0B shocks.
KingdomRacer is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 PM
  #23897  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Berlin, Wi
Posts: 80
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Ive just done some searching and couldnt find out what all is needed to be done when changing over to diff fluid as far as sealing. I know you have to get all the grease out and such but does anything else has to be done? If some one could point me in the right direction that would be great!

I also broke my first part on my scte today a rear hub. Im actually suprised that broke i have put this truck through hell.
naterpatater77 is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 PM
  #23898  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,992
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
Yes, 9mm taller but I think some on here think you meant thickness which is not the case.
Yeah your probably right...
thecman26 is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:02 PM
  #23899  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (46)
 
bigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Yeah your probably right...
Sorry I should have said 9mm tall
bigs is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
  #23900  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,992
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigs View Post
Sorry I should have said 9mm tall
ok, yeah cause 9mm thick would be crazy!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
  #23901  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Rear Arm Design

I searched and have not been able to find info one this. I recently bought a set of replacement arms for my SCTE. I noticed that the outer hingepin area of the replacement arms is smaller and weaker looking than the original. In the photo below, the one on the right is what originally came on my truck, the one on the left is what I just purchased. I've actually got two sets of replacements (bought at different times) and they both look like the one on the left. So, when were these redesigned? I'm assuming the larger one my truck came with was the redesigned part? If so, bummer that I have two sets of "old" ones now...

Thanks

kazuaki is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:32 PM
  #23902  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

My front arms are like the one on the right. The rear arms do not have hat much of a bump around them, though.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:36 PM
  #23903  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Yup revised part you got nos im still using mine that came with my truck almost 8 months later
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
  #23904  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
10sctrel0v3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Titusville, Fl.
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kazuaki View Post
I searched and have not been able to find info one this. I recently bought a set of replacement arms for my SCTE. I noticed that the outer hingepin area of the replacement arms is smaller and weaker looking than the original. In the photo below, the one on the right is what originally came on my truck, the one on the left is what I just purchased. I've actually got two sets of replacements (bought at different times) and they both look like the one on the left. So, when were these redesigned? I'm assuming the larger one my truck came with was the redesigned part? If so, bummer that I have two sets of "old" ones now...

Thanks

even if they are old ones you should still be fine. i havent heard or seen anybody rip out that pin yet or twist the arm there
10sctrel0v3r is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 PM
  #23905  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
netmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 317
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Does the Losi pre-painted bodies that are available for the XXX-SCT fit the SCTE?

For example like this one: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Body-XXX-SCT
netmaster is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
  #23906  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigs View Post
they are the snr shock towers. they are 9mm I think they were sold if you planed on running the 1/8 schocks. please help
I wouldn't get them, I have seen a lot of people snap those towers, same way with the jammin cf towers too and a couple people have posted pics of them snapped on here. I haven't seen any people snap the losi one though (currently using and have been for awhile.)
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
  #23907  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by netmaster View Post
Does the Losi pre-painted bodies that are available for the XXX-SCT fit the SCTE?

For example like this one: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Body-XXX-SCT
Yes all the xxx-sct bodies fit.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 10:40 PM
  #23908  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
scoobie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I noticed some play in the rear ring/pinion that seemed a little excessive. Anyone know what size shim I should use?
scoobie1 is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 11:01 PM
  #23909  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scoobie1 View Post
I noticed some play in the rear ring/pinion that seemed a little excessive. Anyone know what size shim I should use?
I use the shim in this kit to shim the pinion gear.
suby723 is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 PM
  #23910  
Tech Adept
 
cavg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 154
Default

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
even if they are old ones you should still be fine. i havent heard or seen anybody rip out that pin yet or twist the arm there
I have had 3 failures on that precise point. 1 front right, 2 rear right.

Granted there were crashes involved. But the crashes when the rear ones broke weren't something spectacular at all. Nice to know that they've been reinforced!
cavg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.