Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
Can someone with a Rx-8 answer this question for me, Do I need a extension wire from the ESC to make it to the receiver if im running it under the battery tray, Or is it long enough?
Mine is run under the battery tray and across to the receiver box under the front chassis brace and reaches just fine.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Figured I'd post this up so people who don't know now know.

There are also two electrical configurations having to do with how the wires from the windings are connected to each other (not their physical shape or location). The delta configuration connects the three windings to each other (series circuits) in a triangle-like circuit, and power is applied at each of the connections. The wye ("Y"-shaped) configuration, sometimes called a star winding, connects all of the windings to a central point (parallel circuits) and power is applied to the remaining end of each winding.

A motor with windings in delta configuration gives low torque at low rpm, but can give higher top rpm. Wye configuration gives high torque at low rpm, but not as high top rpm.[5]

Although efficiency is greatly affected by the motor's construction, the wye winding is normally more efficient. In delta-connected windings, half voltage is applied across the windings adjacent to the undriven lead (compared to the winding directly between the driven leads), increasing resistive losses. In addition, windings can allow high-frequency parasitic electrical currents to circulate entirely within the motor. A wye-connected winding does not contain a closed loop in which parasitic currents can flow, preventing such losses.

From a controller standpoint, the two styles of windings are treated exactly the same, although some less expensive controllers are designed to read voltage from the common center of the wye winding
Old 11-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XTREME RACING View Post
Did a little testing out on the street and yard yesterday now if it quits raining maybe some actual tract time this weekend.
Digital camo carbon fiber chassis are cool and I'm a let you finish, but that battery holder is the greatest of all time!

Seriously, when can I get one?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn View Post
I was not able to make it, I also wanted an extension so I did not have to open rx box every time I wanted to plug in the RX8 to make a change. Now I can get to it very easy.
Get yourself a 3 to 5 inch y harness and your good to go you can also use it for a cap or your transponder
Old 11-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

I had not thought about using a Y harness ... If I do that can I leave it plugged into the rx and plug the hotwire into the open port? Or would I still have to unplug from the rx? The way I have it set up now I just unplug the RX8 from the extension, the other end of the extension stays plugged into the rx so I never have to open the box up.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
Can someone with a Rx-8 answer this question for me, Do I need a extension wire from the ESC to make it to the receiver if im running it under the battery tray, Or is it long enough?
There are two access holes for servo/esc wires with the radio box. The main hole at the back and another one right beside the front chassis brace. If you run the esc wire under the battery tray and into the side hole by the chassis brace you should be able to just make it to the receiver. Mine worked fine without an extension.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The Traxxas pins will probably work just fine. Dowel pins are dowel pins.

The other option is to look online for a fastener store in your area. These should be about $.10 each.

Originally Posted by kazuaki View Post
I'm building a new set of diffs with the lightened outdrives. These outdrives don't come with the crosspin that goes through the outdrive and behind the side gear inside the diff. I'd like to keep the old diffs assembled as backups. My LHS doesn't have the rebuild kit in stock that includes the pins. Are the same exact pins used elsewhere on the truck? I have wheel hex pins from my Slash 4x4 that appear to fit, but I'm not sure if the original Losi ones are made from a harder metal or something. So, is there another part from the truck I can buy that includes compatible pins? Or should I just use the Traxxas ones? The Traxxas pins are 1.98mm in diameter and 9.70mm long.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AbstractZen View Post
Mine is run under the battery tray and across to the receiver box under the front chassis brace and reaches just fine.
X2 IMO this is the best way .
Old 11-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Look at his s/n and sig...

That truck looks awesome would love some stats on it.
well its not on the site for sale. so I figured I'd ask.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I had not thought about using a Y harness ... If I do that can I leave it plugged into the rx and plug the hotwire into the open port? Or would I still have to unplug from the rx? The way I have it set up now I just unplug the RX8 from the extension, the other end of the extension stays plugged into the rx so I never have to open the box up.
You must unplug the rx8 from the receiver when using Hotwire. A y harness leaves the receiver in the loop and the computer cannot cleanly connect to the esc.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
well its not on the site for sale. so I figured I'd ask.
no stats yet, still needs more testing
Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Ok I had figured that, so I will leave mine using the extension then
Old 11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Quick question for you guys, looks like i might be picking up a tekin rs in a trade, would that work in this truck with a novak 4.5, or any other motor for that matter?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Quick question for you guys, looks like i might be picking up a tekin rs in a trade, would that work in this truck with a novak 4.5, or any other motor for that matter?
Unfortunately, no. Out of curiosity is it just an RS or is it the RS Pro?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Guys be warned about Orion 6500mah 90c lipos....mine tanked after 5 charges. Charges full, but acts like it LVC after 3 passes in front street. New SC8 installed, all other lipos work fine. I tried discharging to 6v, and then recharging. still no go. Cell voltage shows 4.2, 4.19.

Called Horizon and zero warranty...so out $120. Hard to swallow that one.
Nano, Turnigy is all I will buy now. Cheap and good...easier to swallow if goes bad.
That's why I go with GEN ACE Lipos, $30 for a 5000mAh 2S 40C or $34 for a 5000mAh 2S 50C. If one puffs, no big deal. At that price, they are disposable. They also offer free shipping if you spend over $50.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.