Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevepowling
It's all personal preference. I wanted to try it to see what it was like and felt a difference so I stuck with it.
I agree...I just had faster laps with bladders
Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by larlev
I agree...I just had faster laps with bladders
...and I had faster without
Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

dude, nice.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I have tried emulsion and feel the hype is unjustified. Build your bladders with zero rebound and you will get excellent landing and handling shocks. IMO
I can see emulsions on a lighter vehicle, but our Fat Girls like bladders....kidding of course

If team drivers used 4 different tires in all 4 corners....most would do it also thinking it will make us faster.
I love you.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Nice work, I was about to drill out my arms, but now I will just pick up a couple sets and cut them to length.
I thought they looked smaller in dia. so I went on lunsfords site they are by alot.!!! the old ones are 3.5mm with is .1378 in dia. and those are .124 in dia.
that would be alot of slop. imo
I would think you would have alot of play in the arms, and would be more prone to rip the arm apart?? but I might be completely wrong please let me know how it works out.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speedy S
The setup I have now are with the bladders in the shocks. I havent tried emulsion yet but everyone is saying so much better than bladder. My setup seems to be pretty smooth and everything. I cant complain about it but I thought I would ask and maybe try it sometime.
Steve is exactly correct...it's all personal preference. Too many times we see guys doing things because the next guy does it. You be the judge on what works for you. If you run faster with a certain setup...keep it.
There are a lot of blanket statements on what works best, I've learned it's best to do what works for me...if your a racer let the clock decide.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
hey lowroad..

i just put some hinge pins i had from my revo into the scte arms and they fit perfect, so i think. they are slightly on the free side, but most people are drilling the arms anyways. mine arent drilled so they fit fine. i have never bent or broke a stock revo pin in 3 years and they are about 1 inch longer over the scte one. With that said lunsford makes the ti hinges for revo, so just get them at 8 dollars a set and cut them the right length for either stock or the snr hinge pin holders since they are thicker.

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...Code=TRUC-TRRE
sorry my comment was meant to be with this also.

I thought they looked smaller in dia. so I went on lunsfords site they are by alot.!!! the old ones are 3.5mm with is .1378 in dia. and those are .124 in dia.
I would think you would have alot of play in the arms, and would be more prone to rip the arm apart?? but I might be completely wrong please let me know how it works out.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Nice work, I was about to drill out my arms, but now I will just pick up a couple sets and cut them to length.

like i said they are a bit free, but people are drilling the arms anyways. it would be great if you can tap the ti rods and make them like the stock ones with 2 nuts on the outter hubs.

please let us know how it turns out
Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowroad
I love you.
Hahahahahahahahaha....me too honey.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Mike1977
sorry my comment was meant to be with this also.

Hmm I see that now, free is one thing loose is something else, might do some more looking around still.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone out there switch from a 5 5 3 to 3 3 2 diff fluid set-up? I had this truck working pretty good outdoors but now on a tight indoor track I'm having trouble getting around the 180's. I've gone to the thinnest front sway bar and moved the hubs all the way forward and this helped free up steering but overall made it feel loose. I'm thinking I should start with lighter diff fluid and tune from there. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Steve is exactly correct...it's all personal preference. Too many times we see guys doing things because the next guy does it. You be the judge on what works for you. If you run faster with a certain setup...keep it.
There are a lot of blanket statements on what works best, I've learned it's best to do what works for me...if your a racer let the clock decide.
+1!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
I bought this a long time ago and for the cheap price it isn't a bad item for an agitator because that is all it is.
I would not call this an ultrasonic cleaner, that is a different apparatus all together.
For guys looking for a real ultrasonic cleaner, I suggest going to HarborFreight, I own the model with a timer and it works great!
can i use motor spray or brake cleaner on it? i think it says you cant use flamable liquids.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Center diff outdrive wobble

I see everyone is more worried about upgrading their diff pins than worrying about the outdrive wobble. Whats it take to fix the wobble?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I agree. Im gonna try it and and check the lap times. But I have to find out what is needed to change to emulsion shocks from bladder shocks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.