Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 AM
  #23221  
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Default

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LOSI-TEN...item519aa60684
porkchop is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 11:29 AM
  #23222  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Thx,
Was not sure if this one included the one needed.
Appreciate your help.
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 11:42 AM
  #23223  
Tech Master
iTrader: (119)
 
Divey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,522
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Thx,
Was not sure if this one included the one needed.
Appreciate your help.
V
I had to message the seller because he left the plastic parts out that are in the picture as well as the longer screws that go through the rear plate into the bulk head. If you do buy those make sure he sends you everything that is pictured.
Divey is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 AM
  #23224  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by Divey
I had to message the seller because he left the plastic parts out that are in the picture as well as the longer screws that go through the rear plate into the bulk head. If you do buy those make sure he sends you everything that is pictured.
Looks like only ships to US; I am in Europe.
Think will get these instead: OFNA Set screws
Any idea if this is ok?
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 11:51 AM
  #23225  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Pretty odd response from Lunsford considering they make titanium hinge pins for about every other vehicle in the world????


"[email protected] to me
show details 12:19 PM (28 minutes ago)

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, we are not making hinge pins for the TEN SCTE. Titanium is not the best choice of material for hinge pins, because of friction wear. We don't feel titanium hinge pins would be any better than the stock pins.

Sincerely,
Barb"
lowroad is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
  #23226  
Tech Master
iTrader: (119)
 
Divey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,522
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Looks like only ships to US; I am in Europe.
Think will get these instead: OFNA Set screws
Any idea if this is ok?
V
Well if that's the case then I would go with the Tony's screws. Awesome screws that will last forever and not strip out. The are a little bit more money but well worth it. I have them in metric sizes.
Divey is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
  #23227  
Tech Master
iTrader: (48)
 
Bondonutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Pete FL.
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad
Pretty odd response from Lunsford considering they make titanium hinge pins for about every other vehicle in the world????


"[email protected] to me
show details 12:19 PM (28 minutes ago)

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, we are not making hinge pins for the TEN SCTE. Titanium is not the best choice of material for hinge pins, because of friction wear. We don't feel titanium hinge pins would be any better than the stock pins.

Sincerely,
Barb"

I agree 100%
The TiNi pins didn't work out to well for me and my aggressive driving style/skill level. I bent them considerably and wear was pretty significant as well.

I elected to purchase and cut down Duratrax 3.0mm allen tipped replacemnt bits for drivers. The OD is identical in diameter to the stock pins and are Tooled /Tempered steel and would think the arms would rip off befor they will bend ? Ben 4 weeks now and after some pretty nasty crashes are still perfectly straight.

DuraTrax Hex Replacement Tip 3.0mm DTXR0091
Bondonutz is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
  #23228  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 126
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here is another option for the 3.5mm material

http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/NNSRIT...-SearchResults
Mike1977 is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
  #23229  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm selling my almost new Team Losi Ten-SCTE. I purchased this only last May and only ran it 5 times on the track. It's a wonderful truck!

I decided to sell it since I cannot handle maintaining and the cost of more than 2 cars and my girlfriend and I want to run the same division -- the SCB =) So with a somewhat heavy heart, I made a decision to sell this one =(

I purchased and installed some of the most important upgrades:
- Losi front and rear lightened HD outdrives (2 sets) - LOSB3575
- Losi center lightened HD outdrives - LOSB3576
- Losi front 4mm carbon fiber shock tower - LOSB2173
- Losi rear 4mm carbon fiber shock tower - LOSB2172
- Losi aluminum adjustable front hinge pin holder - LOSB4112
- Losi aluminum adjustable rear hinge pin holder - LOSB4113
- Losi sway bar kit - LOSB2222
- Losi piston pack (1 set only) - LOSB2909
- Silver (soft) spring set - LOSB2960
- Gold (hard) spring set - LOSB2962

I also bought some "critical" parts for back-up but never really used them yet. The following are brand new in original packaging:
- front suspension arm set - LOSB2021
- front spindle and carrier set - LOSB2100
- rear suspension arm set - LOSB2023
- rear hub and spacer set - LOSB2103

Original parts I replaced with the "hop-ups" are likewise all included. I still have all the manuals, parts list, etc., tools and original box/packaging that this car came with

I'm also including a brand new, original Losi TEN-SCTE, upainted body and the original mounted Losi Eclipse tires.

Please email me for inquiries and/or for pictures at coy1223 @ yahoo.com (please remove the spaces in the email address)…or call me at (626) 383-3604.

Price with ESC (Electronic Speed Control – Novak Havoc Pro SC) and MOTOR (Ballistic 4.5t 550) - $500
Price WITHOUT ELECTRONICS (No ESC and MOTOR, etc.) - $400

Thank you!
kokoyang is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
  #23230  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 126
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I also just called lunsford they are not going to be making them and do not have 3.5mm material that is another reason they are not making them
Mike1977 is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
  #23231  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by Divey
Well if that's the case then I would go with the Tony's screws. Awesome screws that will last forever and not strip out. The are a little bit more money but well worth it. I have them in metric sizes.
Hey Divey,
Thx for the update.
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
  #23232  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

The SCTE uses mainly 5-40 screws. I would stick with those as that is what the parts are designed for.
Casper is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
  #23233  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
The SCTE uses mainly 5-40 screws. I would stick with those as that is what the parts are designed for.
Hi there Casper,
Do not really feel like buying another whole set of screws (have that for my 8IGHT 2.0 and have barely used it).
What is the losaxxxx ref of these 4 screws that fix the motor mount from under the chassis?
Have used one from my 8IGHT 2.0 set but not the exact fit.
Thx for your input.
Best,
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
  #23234  
Tech Master
iTrader: (70)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,192
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default front and rear diff rebuild help

When I pulled the front and rear diff out, their was some grease inside the main casing. When you rebuild the diff, are you filling this outer casing too?
Krafcik is offline  
Old 10-24-2011, 02:17 PM
  #23235  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (120)
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,702
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Krafcik
When I pulled the front and rear diff out, their was some grease inside the main casing. When you rebuild the diff, are you filling this outer casing too?
No you only fill the inner gear case.. The outer case should have some grease on the gears to keep them smooth.
Potoczak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.