Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Well sounds like you have eliminated all other possibilities. Try the rx8 and report back. Have you tried a different temp gun?
yes a few actually, but I can tell it's hot because I can't keep my hand on it for a couple of seconds..usually that's another way to tell if you can touch it for a few seconds not scorch yourself as soon as you lay a hand on it
Old 10-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
I found giving the front more toe out helps to get the back end to swing around more
Yea me too. Gives some more turn in too
Old 10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What brand pinions work on the SCTE? I tried searching but the word "pinion" always brings up "how many teeth 15 or 16?" I have ones from OFNA and AE and they are too long, is Losi the only option?
Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
What brand pinions work on the SCTE? I tried searching but the word "pinion" always brings up "how many teeth 15 or 16?" I have ones from OFNA and AE and they are too long, is Losi the only option?
Mod 1 pinions -
Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Robinson Racing works. Anything mod 1 will fit.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I know for a fact the RC-Monster pinions are of the highest qality on the market and are nice and short thus fitment is near perfection.

Ofna pinions and Losi pinions work as well, can't comment on any others for I have not tried them.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

the hot bodies one fit to guys
Old 10-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You can dremel out the opening in the motor mount for clearance and use longer pinions.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

I use AE and it fits fine. From 12-15 have been tested.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

I use the Losi Mod-1 Pinions they work great no needing to dremel shit.

I got a question Whats the difference between 1y Motors and other types???

I know all Castle's motor's are 1y and the new Tekin 4600kv is 1y, I thought someone said there more efficient, But I want a good reasoning why and what the 1y stands for if anyone knows.

I was ripping on my truck today and man I love this truck, I'm actually going back to my track to have some fun with it.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
I use the Losi Mod-1 Pinions they work great no needing to dremel shit.

I got a question Whats the difference between 1y Motors and other types???

I know all Castle's motor's are 1y and the new Tekinu 4600kv is 1y, I thought someone said there more efficient, But I want a good reasoning why and what the 1y stands for if anyone knows.

I was ripping on my truck today and man I love this truck, I'm actually going back to my track to have some fun with it.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushless_motor

Look under variations in construction.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
I know for a fact the RC-Monster pinions are of the highest qality on the market and are nice and short thus fitment is near perfection.

Ofna pinions and Losi pinions work as well, can't comment on any others for I have not tried them.
Originally Posted by Divey View Post
I use AE and it fits fine. From 12-15 have been tested.
You guys have used OFNA and AE without dremeling anything? I have from 13-17T and they are just too long.

What do I dremel the motor mount or the pinion?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

You guys have used OFNA and AE without dremeling anything? I have from 13-17T and they are just too long.

What do I dremel the motor mount or the pinion?
It's easier to dremel aluminum that steel. Usually the set screw sticks out farther than the pinion shaft so it might help to cut that down so it sits flush also if it is rubbing on the mount. Also depending on where the set screw is you might have a hard time tightening it without a ball end driver. Just FYI
Old 10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Dany your 1 month on the forum and under 70 post makes me believe you have one agenda to slam me and Viper. My suggestion to you, do not read the first post, sell your SCTe and leave this thread. The 9 months I have been running this thread it's been up to me to come here DAILY, read every post and update the thread with the info people provided. No one else put all that info there, I did. I also started the thread formatting on RCT, me updating the first page started something here and now look everyone is starting the trend.

let me tell you the i have been in rc for over 20 year and this is not the only forum in the world. and the amount of post don't tell anyone anything .no way i want to bash viper but i don't like how the official scte thread is now a viper thread for the new guys the come in all they see is viper.thanks but i don't need any suggestion from you . remember this is a public forum. and my scte is not for sell but if i wanna to it be gone in minutes thanks to the TEKING RX8 & TEKIN PRO4 4600KV MOTOR. yes i understand the you been with this thread for 9 month and up dated all the info and you did a good job till now . but i dont see you cant keep on doing just that ,not only viper.how hard is to make a viper thread just like the TEKIN PRO 4 MOTOR one. since you are so good and making threads.

Ask how many people in this thread I have sent free SCTe parts to when Losi was sold out, I even paid for the shipping. I never asked for anything in return. Ask Seabass from OCRC who got him back up and running after his trucks where stolen. I donated my 1410 and a $225.00 ESC, paid for shipping and asked for nothing in return. WTF have you done?

when you really help people you don't go around telling about it .

I am also a paid advertiser on this website, I deal with Internet Brands on a monthly basis. I also am a paid member here as a Tech Elite. I have done MORE THAN MY SHARE to help support this site and it's members and have never asked for anything in return.

Very good then just make a big viper thread.

The guys I see with sand in their vaginas are new to this thread, have not seen the work that has gone into it. If you don't like me, then leave this thread because I am not. I will not be run out of my own thread which I have worked my ass off to help grow.

This words are very self fish .don't sound help full to me like you say you do . So all dose people the gave you info for this thread have no tell here because you are all about you and viper.after all this thread would have been nothing with out all off us.

They are allot of people the think the same about this thread but just don't come up and say it .

Exactly what I would expect from an adult, someone who can make their own discussions and doesn't rely on anyone else to help form their opinion. And you are right, I had no choice about making the thread official, as I mentioned I woke up and the name was changed. Thanks Go!

It's really easy if this thread bugs anyone, don't come in here. Go start your own thread and put the work I have into it and maybe it will take off if you hand hold it long enough. The you have the option of what you want to add in your first post.

Anyone else has an issue with it, see my avatar.

Because of you now TEKIN will keep getting my money .

Last edited by dany5; 10-22-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

It's spelled "of" not "off".

I'd take your replies more seriously if you learned how to use your keyboard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.