Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:56 AM
  #22771  
Tech Adept
 
stevepowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 194
Default

I switched to emulsion shocks the other day and finally got to run them for the first time last night. They seemed to help a lot! I was running on a big 1/8th track that was pretty bumpy and had large jumps and the shocks seemed to help a lot! I really like the way they feel compared to the normal style of shock.
stevepowling is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM
  #22772  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
StPete40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Land O' Lakes
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stevepowling View Post
I switched to emulsion shocks the other day and finally got to run them for the first time last night. They seemed to help a lot! I was running on a big 1/8th track that was pretty bumpy and had large jumps and the shocks seemed to help a lot! I really like the way they feel compared to the normal style of shock.
I did the same a few weeks and my buddies have since converted. I agree with you. They seem very plush and settle very quickly on landing.
StPete40 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:05 AM
  #22773  
Tech Adept
 
stevepowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 194
Default

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
I did the same a few weeks and my buddies have since converted. I agree with you. They seem very plush and settle very quickly on landing.
Exactly, it doesn't seem so jumpy and bouncy. It handled the bumpy and rough sections way better and even jumped better too.
stevepowling is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 AM
  #22774  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by stevepowling View Post
I switched to emulsion shocks the other day and finally got to run them for the first time last night. They seemed to help a lot! I was running on a big 1/8th track that was pretty bumpy and had large jumps and the shocks seemed to help a lot! I really like the way they feel compared to the normal style of shock.
is there a vid on how to make emulsion shocks ?
psionic is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
  #22775  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,307
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
I'm running that same setup, MMP/3800, 15/40 and so far the hottest during summer on a 90* day was 150* and so far with our indoor season, it's only been 130* after 7min Amain.

I would say how is the connection of the battery, alot of people seem to have issues with the Deans plugs. I know I've replaced a couple of deans cause of bad connection/solder joint.

Check your driveline to make sure everything spins freely and that you dont have a bad bearing somewhere as well.
Im runnin15t as well. Ran all summer like that and now indoors med size track i kept the 15t. Doesnt seem to run too hot imo...using turnigy 6000 65c packs and get 10 mins easily!!! Check for binding in the drivetrain or as mentioned a bad solder jointcan cause high resistance and therefore heat.....just things ive come across
nitro0619 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:12 AM
  #22776  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,307
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by psionic View Post
is there a vid on how to make emulsion shocks ?
Youtube.... mike truhe and tim bump both do. One is w/o bleeder holes in the cap the other is w/ em
nitro0619 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:12 AM
  #22777  
Tech Adept
 
stevepowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 194
Default

Originally Posted by psionic View Post
is there a vid on how to make emulsion shocks ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWBAKC-c1s4
stevepowling is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:15 AM
  #22778  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
StPete40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Land O' Lakes
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by psionic View Post
is there a vid on how to make emulsion shocks ?
There is a vid on youtube by Tim Bump showing how to do it without the bleeder hole. I haven't done it that way, though. On the stock shocks I cut the center of the bladder out, drilled a small hole in the side of shock cap and filled the body to the top with oil. Start by threading the cap on, tilt at a 45 degree angle with the bleeder hole facing up, and turn the shock body. The fluid will bleed out of the hole. Pump the shock a couple times and finish with the shaft completely compressed. If you get rebound, loosen the cap and pump the shock again. You may have to fiddle with it a little, but its not too hard.
StPete40 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:40 AM
  #22779  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
For cryin out loud! One more comment. I'm asking for the opportunity to buy them! Not asking for them to be given to me because I said anything is broken. Pimp them, pump them up on the forum, and then sell them! Don't talk about them for 4 months while you put them all in an RTR box for some kid to buy that doesn't know the difference between Losi and Traxxas.
Pete,

We ordered 2500 sets of them most of which should be here the middle-end of november. We should have plenty to sell for a while.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:45 AM
  #22780  
Tech Adept
 
stevepowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 194
Default

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
There is a vid on youtube by Tim Bump showing how to do it without the bleeder hole. I haven't done it that way, though. On the stock shocks I cut the center of the bladder out, drilled a small hole in the side of shock cap and filled the body to the top with oil. Start by threading the cap on, tilt at a 45 degree angle with the bleeder hole facing up, and turn the shock body. The fluid will bleed out of the hole. Pump the shock a couple times and finish with the shaft completely compressed. If you get rebound, loosen the cap and pump the shock again. You may have to fiddle with it a little, but its not too hard.
This is exactly how I did mine as well, worked perfect.
stevepowling is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
  #22781  
Tech Initiate
 
AEracer888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 32
Questions??

Would you guys recommend the MMP motor and esc setup for this car? and what kv is better 2400 or 3800?
AEracer888 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 AM
  #22782  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
StPete40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Land O' Lakes
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Pete,

We ordered 2500 sets of them most of which should be here the middle-end of november. We should have plenty to sell for a while.
Thanks hack. Not sure I communicated the point I was trying to make very effectively, but doesn't matter.
StPete40 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 AM
  #22783  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

When converting to emulsion shocks does the bladder seal the hole that gets drilled? Can't watch the videos at work.
Mototech is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 AM
  #22784  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
StPete40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Land O' Lakes
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mototech View Post
When converting to emulsion shocks does the bladder seal the hole that gets drilled? Can't watch the videos at work.
No, the hole is sealed by screwing the cap on to the point that the hole is below the top of the shock body.
StPete40 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:55 AM
  #22785  
Tech Adept
 
stevepowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 194
Default

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
No, the hole is sealed by screwing the cap on to the point that the hole is below the top of the shock body.
Correct, my shocks haven't even the slightest signs of leakage after cutting the bladders and drilling the bleeder hole.
stevepowling is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.