Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick ???'s I am not a Losi owner and not here to bash. I have a Hyper 10sc 4x4. Like the losi it has frt mid and rr gear diff's. Why do people use grease instead of diff fluid? Does that change the handling of the truck? Also, for some reason my truck is loud....no gear grinding, just loud. I assume the noise comes from the 3 diff's meshing together or the drive shafts (not sure). Would shimming the drive shafts help quiet down the truck?
I tried going to the hyper 10sc thread but hardly anyone goes there which makes it hard to get answers.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i run the rx8/pr04 4000kv setup on a medium sized 1/8 track. has a few straights the longest being about 80ft. In hot/humid weather (about 85-90f) and dry dusty track conditions it will come off a 10 min main at like 180f. when the temp cools down to about 70f it will drop way down.

i had the 4.5 hi-torque novak for one practice and it got hot quick, i like the pro4 way better than anything else ive seen. Deff the way to go in this truck.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Since its not on the first page anymore...

What was the pinion gear range for a 4.5 550 motor?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm thinking about jumping ship.

Have all the out of the box problems been solved?

I'm winning w/ the other truck but, I could probably go even faster w/ something that is a little more predictable....
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Borik View Post
Quick ???'s I am not a Losi owner and not here to bash. I have a Hyper 10sc 4x4. Like the losi it has frt mid and rr gear diff's. Why do people use grease instead of diff fluid? Does that change the handling of the truck? Also, for some reason my truck is loud....no gear grinding, just loud. I assume the noise comes from the 3 diff's meshing together or the drive shafts (not sure). Would shimming the drive shafts help quiet down the truck?
I tried going to the hyper 10sc thread but hardly anyone goes there which makes it hard to get answers.
LOL , Hypers just sound like chain saws because of the metal center diff gear , make sure the bearings on the center diff are still good though as mine would fail but the truck would still run , it just sounded louder .

As for the Losi guys running grease , some just like the action the grease gave them , I like tuning with silicon as I feel its more stable and doesnt change as much as grease can when it heats up and gets flung off the gears .

As for shimming , it can help but I dont think its needed on the Hyper as its got a really solid driveline .
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Vegatron75 View Post

I'm winning w/ the other truck but, I could probably go even faster w/ something that is a little more predictable....
It seems so. You don't hear about the original issues much anymore.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

From what I* have heard, yes the issues have been resolved...
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
Since its not on the first page anymore...

What was the pinion gear range for a 4.5 550 motor?
Moogumby , how big of a track ? On an indoor tight track I would run a 12T on a bigger outdoor track a 14-15T
Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Just get the Losi CF towers and you should be golden. That is until you feel the need for hopups. TLR Tuning kit, lightened HD outdrives, TLR Chassis, Torque Rod. Uh oh the list goes on....
Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Even with the issues the first runs had I would still rather have the Losi over the "other" truck , I have been reading through that thread and some of the issues popping up are pretty bad IMO and they are doing heavy mods too get them running with the Losi's .....
Old 10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
It seems so. You don't hear about the original issues much anymore.
Right on, thanks.

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
From what I* have heard, yes the issues have been resolved...
Cool

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Even with the issues the first runs had I would still rather have the Losi over the "other" truck , I have been reading through that thread and some of the issues popping up are pretty bad IMO and they are doing heavy mods too get them running with the Losi's .....
It's surely a different animal, it seems to be a love/hate deal. I was instantly 1 lap faster than my jammin, and after a while picked up another. Tough to hate the truck too much.

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
Just get the Losi CF towers and you should be golden. That is until you feel the need for hopups. TLR Tuning kit, lightened HD outdrives, TLR Chassis, Torque Rod. Uh oh the list goes on....
Torque rod?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

The other truck happens to drive really well also, my buddy has one and I love it too. But it definitely has its quirks.

The battery tray, motor mount, servo mount, they're all tough to get to. With that said, I haven't visited that thread since back in the day when I was shopping for a 4x4, but I've heard about saddle packs conversions, clutch baskets, etc. Bleh!!!!!!!! What in the world is a clutch basket anyway? LOL
Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Torque rod?
Here's the rod

The team likes to run the plastic front brace with the rear torque rod on their setups.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

I agree I have seen that the ae guys are running saddles now in the center of their car and alot of other stuff. Its just ridiculous. With the losi all you need to do is change the towers and if you want do the weight mods and aluminum stuff and your good. Box stock set up is way better then any other IMO.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
The other truck happens to drive really well also, my buddy has one and I love it too. But it definitely has its quirks.

The battery tray, motor mount, servo mount, they're all tough to get to. With that said, I haven't visited that thread since back in the day when I was shopping for a 4x4, but I've heard about saddle packs conversions, clutch baskets, etc. Bleh!!!!!!!! What in the world is a clutch basket anyway? LOL
DUDE ! I'm talking about the chassis flexing so bad that the belt guard would bend and cause the belt tension too loosen and the belt to pop off , and they are putting in a roll pin to recouple that decoupled slipper clutch ?

WHA EVA !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.