Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Hmm singled us out again…

Pretty slick to start the “official” thread for a very popular car so that you can continually discuss and show your products in it. Do you see any other companies put product release posts in this thread, or any other car thread for that matter. This really crosses some grey areas to use someone else’s popularity to bring attention to you or intentionally keep it from other branOds. You crossed the line and tried to make it a marketing tool that it is not yours to use. In the old days of RCTech this would never have been allowed. It is still a questionable marketing technique, especially coming from a fan club that is always claiming we should let the products speak for themselves.

To intentionally delete what is perhaps the best selling system for this truck is not only an injustice to the readers, but it flies thru the grey area and into completely unacceptable given your position.

Is this an official Losi SCTE thread with information for the general user or a Viper marketing tool? The fact that you think you own an “official” Losi thread because you started it is arrogant and almost humorous. The fact that you try to use it against us is annoying. Have you considered that Losi might like our system because it makes their truck look good and thus far is one of the few systems that can handle this trucks weight. Prove your system gets it done and people will talk about it for you saving you all this sneaky marketing efforts.

Not sure why you want this battle and we cannot just be friendly competitors. However considering our corner is stacked with proven products and a solid understanding of business ethics I am always happy to endulge.

Tekin Prez
I agree 100% sir. Kind of childish to say this is my thread and I can post what I want.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cement head
Has anyone had a problem getting the new Losi spring adjustment collars on to there shock bodies? The two rears went on ok, but the fronts forget it. I did a complete cleaning of all the shocks before installing these. I had to remove the rubber o-rings from the collars to get them on. The plastic stockers tread on fine. I tried oil to lube the o-rings still no luck. Also tried it dry. Thx.
I think it has to do with twisting o-rings. I have had trouble getting collars on in the past and after "working" them on and in place they move freely but they can be a pain sometimes getting them going. I don't know of a trick other then threading them on as far as the will go, back off a little and keep going. They will seat into place with a little fighting and be good to go. At least this is what happened with all my collars that had this issue.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

About to go with the RX8 , 4600kv combo... Hard to swallow that price though. This system costs more than my 8th scale buggy one...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I think it has to do with twisting o-rings. I have had trouble getting collars on in the past and after "working" them on and in place they move freely but they can be a pain sometimes getting them going. I don't know of a trick other then threading them on as far as the will go, back off a little and keep going. They will seat into place with a little fighting and be good to go. At least this is what happened with all my collars that had this issue.
Ok thx Casper, this is how I got the rears on.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok time to move on. This is not the Tekin vs. Viper thread! Both of these companies make great products that work well in the SCTE. We all get that. The Tekin stuff is out there proving it all with there 4 pole and SC4X. Viper has there 550 system and soon will have some 4 pole stuff. We get it. Settle that debate on the track with what ever you choose to power your truck!

Can we move on to SCTE talk again.

If you want to sell stuff go to the Viper thread. If there are support questions on here answer them but lets try and keep this on topic.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

*sits chuckling with his tenshock/hobbywing system
Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Hmm singled us out again…

Pretty slick to start the “official” thread for a very popular car so that you can continually discuss and show your products in it. Do you see any other companies put product release posts in this thread, or any other car thread for that matter. This really crosses some grey areas to use someone else’s popularity to bring attention to you or intentionally keep it from other brands. You crossed the line and tried to make it a marketing tool that it is not yours to use. In the old days of RCTech this would never have been allowed. It is still a questionable marketing technique, especially coming from a fan club that is always claiming we should let the products speak for themselves.

To intentionally delete what is perhaps the best selling system for this truck is not only an injustice to the readers, but it flies thru the grey area and into completely unacceptable given your position.

Is this an official Losi SCTE thread with information for the general user or a Viper marketing tool? The fact that you think you own an “official” Losi thread because you started it is arrogant and almost humorous. The fact that you try to use it against us is annoying. Have you considered that Losi might like our system because it makes their truck look good and thus far is one of the few systems that can handle this trucks weight. Prove your system gets it done and people will talk about it for you saving you all this sneaky marketing efforts.

Not sure why you want this battle and we cannot just be friendly competitors. However considering our corner is stacked with proven products and a solid understanding of business ethics I am always happy to endulge.

Tekin Prez
I agree with you completely. There is no doubt that he knows what he is talking about - but is he biased towards a certain product - obviously.

Saladfork should only post as a general user of the SCTE in this thread. If he wants to rep Viper he needs to do that in another thread. Otherwise it makes it look like Viper and Losi are joined at the hip and that is certainly not the case.

Salad you did a great job starting this thread and we are all thankful for that. However, it is not right to turn it into a Viper marketing tool. Additionally, your attitude in the last couple of pages reeks of the "I'll just take my toys and go home" mentality.

Alot of new users come to this thread for useful information. Heck, I'm a new SCTE owner and where do i go - to the first page. I need to be able to get unbiased information on the first page. Then I can sift through the other 1500 pages to get real world feedback of each of the various options. That's what a thread is for and that's why were are all here.

If a rep of a company wants to promote his business, then that should be done in that companies thread so everyone (new users and old users) know that the information they are about to receive is biased.

my .02

Last edited by Krafcik; 10-17-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krafcik
I agree with you completely. SaladFork and I use to be friends - i don't know what happened but he won't even respond to pm's now. There is no doubt that he knows what he is talking about - but is he biased towards a certain product - obviously.

Saladfork should only post as a general user of the SCTE in this thread. If he wants to rep Viper he needs to do that in another thread. Otherwise it makes it look like Viper and Losi are joined at the hip and that is certainly not the case.

Salad you did a great job starting this thread and we are all thankful for that. However, it is not right to turn it into a Viper marketing tool. Additionally, your attitude in the last couple of pages reeks of the "I'll just take my toys and go home" mentality.

Alot of new users come to this thread for useful information. Heck, I'm a new SCTE owner and where do i go - to the first page. I need to be able to get unbiased information on the first page. Then I can sift through the other 1500 pages to get real world feedback of each of the various options. That's what a thread is for and that's why were are all here.

If a rep of a company wants to promote his business, then that should be done in that companies thread so everyone (new users and old users) know that the information they are about to receive is biased.

my .02
X 1,000,000 Very well said.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm kind of sorry I bought a Viper system for my XXX-SCT now that all this has gone down.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I'm kind of sorry I bought a Viper system for my XXX-SCT now that all this has gone down.
i'll buy it from you.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Don't worry, it won't be long before you'll be buying another system.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Most O-rings to be effective must be tight, these are no exception. I used a little bit of lube and it went on fine.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by coffee
Most O-rings to be effective must be tight, these are no exception. I used a little bit of lube and it went on fine.
The orings in this case are not a "seal" but help to keep the collar settings so they are intended to bind on the threads some but I have had some of these be harder to get on then others with all my shocks. XXX, Ten, Eight, 22 I have had this same issue with all of them. A little work and they free right up it can just be a pain to get them started.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by coffee
+1, shock oil works for me and they generally go on without too much fuss.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Is anyone running emulsion style with the RC shox 2 stage pistons out there. I have got the pistons and was wondering if the emulsion style causes any issues with them before I take them apart and set them up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.