Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Looks good Jerry. What motor and gearing are you running?

Originally Posted by jerryboy318
yup yup, agreed. Toooo much grease. But enough of that! Time for some fun! I got my motor in today and was able to get some practice laps at the local hobby shop. This truck is awesome all around. Drives well, a little loose for me with the 5/7/3 but we'll see what happens when the track is prepped for race day and I get some different tires on there.

Hopefully we get to race tomorrow but looks like rain out here in N. Cali

Enjoy the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuDMECQp_x4
Old 03-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

all i can say is this truck has made this hobby fun again.
after just getting back into racing again after 10 years off.

the truck does have issues with the lack of glue used on tires.keep a eye on them.

won my first 2 heat races with the losi and 2nd in main being caught up in lap traffic near end of race.(1st was a losi ten convert)

running a 5.5 tekin with 12 pinion,mmp with cheat to get top end back.

the 17 pinion created way too much heat o my small tight track.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMorgan
Can someone help me out with this question? It got buried at the bottom of a page and I'd like to know since i want to order a servo horn for it today if it'll work well.
It will work, but I would think more torque would be better for a 4x4 truck of this weight.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Looks good Jerry. What motor and gearing are you running?
Thanks Chris, I got a new Tekin SC4X 4.5 with 16t RR mod-1 pinion.

The stock tires (remind me of bow-ties) are ok, but they gotta be reglued. Rear alum hub carriers are on order and f & r chassis brace as well. Stock wheels too! Hopefully they'll be at the local hobby shop by mid week.

Please post up if there's another 'must have' upgrade. I just subscribed to this thread (instant email update) so I'll be here more often now.....I will try to read all the previous pages to catch up to speed but some posts are just..........yeah.

4x4SC is fun again! If your still thinking about getting the 'other' brands....good luck! Imo, this is the real deal.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They were dominating at mikes hobby shop
Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What would the grease(in the diffs) be compared to in oil weight?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

what body post hole are you guys running
Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Anyone come from a bump 2.0 edition when they got this? Huge difference? Debating which one to get after driving the original hyper I fell in love..but everyone says these are dominating..
Old 03-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

OK, so I got one of these on order. So the big questions:

What are the weak points of this truck? WHat should I replace right off the bat to make near bullitproof? Nothing pisses me off more than a DNF because of a part breaking. Are there optinal parts available yet for this truck?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
OK, so I got one of these on order. So the big questions:

What are the weak points of this truck? WHat should I replace right off the bat to make near bullitproof? Nothing pisses me off more than a DNF because of a part breaking. Are there optinal parts available yet for this truck?
I'm the same way..

I get mine later this week.. here is what I'm changing out.

1) Rear shock tower, going right to the upgraded losi aluminum as most everyone says the stock is too soft, and will bend. (front staying stock for now)
2) Slapping on some AKA Enduro SS tires

That's it.. I've seen a couple people say the rear hubs should be swapped.. but then others say they have not broken one of the stockers. I don't crash a lot and I'm a pretty good jumper so I'll stick w/ stock for now. I'm afraid if I move to the alum ones all it does is guarantee a rear arm breaks instead, they cost more ;P Time will tell.

If I feel like the front end drops a little un-natural as a few have noted, I will most likely order the front carbon shock tower and leave the beefier alum on the rear. From there I'll tweak the battery position if needed.

I'm starting w/ the tekin 4.5, but really wish I ordered the 5.5. I'll run the 4.5 if I'm not happy then i'll decide if I want to go to the 5.5 or the castle 1410. A lot of people are pretty happy w/ the 4.5 so I'll give it a go.

Good luck, I'm sure someone w/ some real usage will chime in but that is what I've pulled from this thread, the ten-t thread and some PM's.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I'm the same way..

1) Rear shock tower, going right to the upgraded losi aluminum as most everyone says the stock is too soft, and will bend. (front staying stock for now)

That's it.. I've seen a couple people say the rear hubs should be swapped.. but then others say they have not broken one of the stockers. I don't crash a lot and I'm a pretty good jumper so I'll stick w/ stock for now. I'm afraid if I move to the alum ones all it does is guarantee a rear arm breaks instead, they cost more ;P Time will tell.

If I feel like the front end drops a little un-natural as a few have noted, I will most likely order the front carbon shock tower and leave the beefier alum on the rear. From there I'll tweak the battery position if needed.

I'm starting w/ the tekin 4.5, but really wish I ordered the 5.5. I'll run the 4.5 if I'm not happy then i'll decide if I want to go to the 5.5 or the castle 1410. A lot of people are pretty happy w/ the 4.5 so I'll give it a go.

Good luck, I'm sure someone w/ some real usage will chime in but that is what I've pulled from this thread, the ten-t thread and some PM's.
Who makes the aluminum parts? Losi? Link to the hubs and shock towers? Ill probably swap out all the hubs and shock towers just to play it safe and will boil the stock a-arms.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I raced this truck yesterday with a Novak Havok Pro SC/Ballistic 4.5 with a 15tooth pinion, Reedy 2c 60c/5500mah and the power was INCREDIBLE! No problems clearing any jumps, tons of speed down the straight. Was a little warm, would have liked a 14t but couldn't find one anywhere. Nothing broken or bent. Handled like a dream. I love you can drive it like an 8th scale.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm the same way..

I would have gone with the carbon towers. The aluminum towers are more for the 810 that have them exposed. Either way I have had my stock towers on for 6 months on my conversion and I havent bent them. I dont really think anything needs to upgraded out of the box. I have only broken 1 a-arm in that 6 months. The only thing I would watch for is the aluminum suspension balls seem to wear quick and cause slop in the steering and suspension. I upgraded to steel balls. Titanium turnbuckles and the aluminum toe plates are nice upgrades.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm the same way..

I ran the 4.5 Tekin yesterday, very nice. I was going to buy the 5.5 but glad I stuck with the 4.5. I'm using the RX8 ESC 15 pinion. Motor 130 degrees ESC 100 on the heat sink...60 on the actual ESC.....ambient temp 60
Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
I ran the 4.5 Tekin yesterday, very nice. I was going to buy the 5.5 but glad I stuck with the 4.5. I'm using the RX8 ESC 15 pinion. Motor 130 degrees ESC 100 on the heat sink...60 on the actual ESC.....ambient temp 60
Nice to hear a good post... most lately have been about high temps when associated w/ the 4.5.

Question for anyone who has broken a rear hub, WHERE did it break, how did you break it? I've always used the plastic rear hubs on my 8ight and 8ight-t for 3+ years and never broken a single one so I'm trying to decide if I should keep a spare set in my box.

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.