Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if some people are coming to chicagoland for ihobby, it would be cool for some people to get together from this thread and race at one of the chicago tracks and some bragging rights in the thread
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
I like the Looks of that Viper combo for the price, but that motor is basically a 550 size can its almost the same size as the Castle 1415. Also that ESC looks 1/8th scale sized it would of been nice if it was smaller to save weight, But for $150 combo cant complain.
Try running this truck on a 10th scale system and see what happens. That esc is no bigger than my hobbywing sc8, or any other esc that works effectively in this large, heavy, 4wd vehicle. It's smaller than the xeruns, and seems to have less of a footprint than the ever popular RX8. The motor is a bit longer than a 540, but not nearly as long as a 550. Think before you type.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
I'm curious to know if anyone runs 2k in the rear diff and really likes it? My truck is great everywhere on the track with the exception of higher speed corners then the rear likes to loop out. I've ran 5-5-3/ 7-5-3/5-7-3 in the diffs all trying to correct the issue, my favorite was 5-7-3 as I like a really locked in feel with the truck but they recently turned our 1/8th scale size track to more 1/10th friendly for the upcoming roar regionals and now that the track isn't quite as flowing and a little more technical it is far more notiecable, I'm actually considering trying 3-5-2. I'm running a lightened truck around 6.2lbs ready to go, middle on towers, middle on front arm out on the rear, right height 27-28 front and rear. For shocks I run a big bore conversion just shy of full droop but they feel fantastic so I don't think it's a shock problem. I tried 2.5 rear toe instead of 3 as it broke traction to abruptly but I've yet to solve the problem. Even went so far to take the timing out of my motor thinking that it was partially to blame when it kicked in. Track is now 1/10th kinda with medium traction, I normally don't like to change diff oils alot but I'm searching here, truck has great steering on and off power I just have to get this rear traction thing figured out and I'm golden.
maybe try lighter oil in the shocks, and or a lighter spring. u might be a little stiff in the rear, or on the rear arms move the shock to the middle pos, smaller rear sway bar, 2000 wt rear diff oil. any of these things should give u more rear traction.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Price point seems very fair ,are you assuming that the Tekin rX8 and new 4- pole will be a challenge to that?
Rx8 ..$200 4600 ..$150 =350 PLUS TAX! Just wondering why you removed the Tekin stuff from the first page?Seems that would be advertising enough to keep it there ?Jus wondering..
who cares, matter fact i dont remember tekin being there, but maybe i didnt pay enought attention there. bottom line is people are gonna buy whatever they can afford or want
Old 10-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Most in the hobby are impatient and will buy whats available, from what i see. Racers and experianced hobbiest's will wait a little longer and spend a little more, for good reason we know better.
To me the sensored vs non sensored debate is pointless, all people are different and run different ways.
The guys that know better here like hacker, casper, soupspoon, Mr Juarez are awesome and tons of great knowledge on this kit as well as all the others on here. Thanx Fellas!!!
I myself have raced for many many years and will be racing again this winter but right now im bashing and am running a mmp and 1415 on 3s and it has never caused me any problems. it will probably do ok for me when i start racing again but i will be saving my pennies for a tekin motor cause on the small indoor track it will perform better.
Just like everything else you get what you pay for.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Try running this truck on a 10th scale system and see what happens. That esc is no bigger than my hobbywing sc8, or any other esc that works effectively in this large, heavy, 4wd vehicle. It's smaller than the xeruns, and seems to have less of a footprint than the ever popular RX8. The motor is a bit longer than a 540, but not nearly as long as a 550. Think before you type.
The hobby wing SC8 isn't the only hobby wing that will work in this truck. I have been using the hobby wing 120A 1/10 ESC on this truck since the truck came out. Smaller, lighter and dead reliable. I have two of them in different trucks and they have never missed a beat. They are a few dollars more, around $120 shipped, but I wouldn't use any other at any price at this point. Combine that with a castle 1410 and you have a smooth, fast and torquey and very efficient combo at a decent price. I can make 12 minutes easy on every track I have run on.

People seem to want to spend more to get the big brand name ESC's, but everyone who tries my truck is simply stunned at the performance and smoothness.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wldmoose
Anyone know what the Losi PN# is for the two long screws that go into the rear diff to hold the bottom of the rear bumper on? Exploded view in the manual shows the screws but no number.
Bruce,

I have an extra if you need it. Don't buy the Losi part, I'm sure you can get the fastener elsewhere. It is a 5-40 button head 1 13/16 in length by my cheapo calipers.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm curious to know if anyone runs 2k in the rear diff and really likes it? My truck is great everywhere on the track with the exception of higher speed corners then the rear likes to loop out. I've ran 5-5-3/ 7-5-3/5-7-3 in the diffs all trying to correct the issue, my favorite was 5-7-3 as I like a really locked in feel with the truck but they recently turned our 1/8th scale size track to more 1/10th friendly for the upcoming roar regionals and now that the track isn't quite as flowing and a little more technical it is far more notiecable, I'm actually considering trying 3-5-2. I'm running a lightened truck around 6.2lbs ready to go, middle on towers, middle on front arm out on the rear, right height 27-28 front and rear. For shocks I run a big bore conversion just shy of full droop but they feel fantastic so I don't think it's a shock problem. I tried 2.5 rear toe instead of 3 as it broke traction to abruptly but I've yet to solve the problem. Even went so far to take the timing out of my motor thinking that it was partially to blame when it kicked in. Track is now 1/10th kinda with medium traction, I normally don't like to change diff oils alot but I'm searching here, truck has great steering on and off power I just have to get this rear traction thing figured out and I'm golden.
Are you running any drag brake?
Old 10-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Are you running any drag brake?
No I'm not, running the softest rear sway bar and shocks are good as well. I'm doing a rebuild today perhaps I'll find the culprit.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

does any one know if d evans have a set up out for this thing
Old 10-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Price point seems very fair ,are you assuming that the Tekin rX8 and new 4- pole will be a challenge to that?
Rx8 ..$200 4600 ..$150 =350 PLUS TAX! Just wondering why you removed the Tekin stuff from the first page?Seems that would be advertising enough to keep it there ?Jus wondering..
lol I saw that the other day that they removed tekin products from first page. Then they post pictures of VIPER 4-pole/esc. hmmmm
Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

No I'm not, running the softest rear sway bar and shocks are good as well. I'm doing a rebuild today perhaps I'll find the culprit.
The two things I would try are running rear camber link on inside hole on hub and front shocks on outside hole on arm. Also make sure the rear hubs are all the way back.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472
lol I saw that the other day that they removed tekin products from first page. Then they post pictures of VIPER 4-pole/esc. hmmmm

Imo that's BS.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So all this crap in this thread now the removal(or ommision) of Tekin from the list. Jees, that's ridiculous. That's crap Salad and you know it! You asked me to fix something in my post once before. Perhaps you could do the same. The RX8 and pro4 combos are EXCELENT for this truck. Way to spread only the info you want to.........
Old 10-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Imo that's BS.
Originally Posted by big chris
So all this crap in this thread now the removal(or ommision) of Tekin from the list. Jees, that's ridiculous. That's crap Salad and you know it! You asked me to fix something in my post once before. Perhaps you could do the same. The RX8 and pro4 combos are EXCELENT for this truck. Way to spread only the info you want to.........
I run only Castle products and I dont have a problem with what he does with his thread why should you ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.