Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cavg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac013

Shoot a clip of the car on the stand running and put it on youtube. It's really hard to say anything since the definition of grinding will vary. Mine has a high pitch grinding-sorta noise from the rear diff when braking.

Here's how i get into the diffs..
Front diff:
Top plate - unscrew the two screws nearest shock tower just enough so that you can remove the plastic spacer that they hold.
Shock tower - unscrew all screws that go into the diff.
Bottom - unscrew all screws that go into the diff.
Unscrew the holders for the sway bar.

Then just slide the diff out.

Rear diff:
Remove bottom screws and take off the entire rear, and remove any screws that goes into the diff.

Hey thanks!!
I really appreciate you helping me out with my question.
I think that the noise I'm hearing is coming from the ring and pinion not being tight enough in one of the diffs. I will post what I find out.
Thanks again.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroDirtMan
What body is this? Looks cool.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

i am tore down my truck today to take the grease from my diffs and fill em with oil. i just have a question about the housing. do i leave the grease that is on the ring and pinion there or is there something else i should run for lube in the housing?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
What body is this? Looks cool.
Looks like a JConcepts Illuzion "Hi Flow"

JCI0222 on Amain
Old 10-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by slash24
i am tore down my truck today to take the grease from my diffs and fill em with oil. i just have a question about the housing. do i leave the grease that is on the ring and pinion there or is there something else i should run for lube in the housing?
the stock grease on the bevel gear/pinion gear should be fine. If anything you'd want to remove some of it since losi put gobs and gobs of it on there lol
Old 10-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone have any info on part LOSB3542? Its backordered everywhere and I am needing to replace mine. My outdrives are getting pretty loose.

Just curious, does anyone make higher quality outdrive bushings (I'm not sure if thats what its called.......its the round sleeve that the outdrive rides in)? Seems this is the first thing to wear out in these trucks.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
Does anyone have any info on part LOSB3542? Its backordered everywhere and I am needing to replace mine. My outdrives are getting pretty loose.

Just curious, does anyone make higher quality outdrive bushings (I'm not sure if thats what its called.......its the round sleeve that the outdrive rides in)? Seems this is the first thing to wear out in these trucks.
I found it better to just Superglue that round sleeve in. Keeps it in place, and keeps it from leaking Diff oil.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Yeah the SC10 body is a PERFECT fit. Much better fit than any of the aftermarket bodies I've run. It was as if it was meant for the truck. I drywall taped and shoe goo'd the critical areas and it's held up great! Here's a pic of it.
Even after I traction rolled it six times in 4 laps LOL!! Hi Scott hope you can beat lbckevin tonight!!Hope all is well!!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
Cavg- I know theres the old kits and the new kits with what im looking for, I just want to know where I can Order the NEW KIT, Any websites anyone knows of?
]
Any website will do. (There are no old tlr kits)

I got the first, and now oldest batch, and the shock caps have holes in them....
Old 10-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I found it better to just Superglue that round sleeve in. Keeps it in place, and keeps it from leaking Diff oil.
can you please confirm what part in the diffs you guys are all glueing in palce ?

i have seen a lot of talk on this but i dont understand which part in the diffs you are all talking about ?

are you talking about the little washer / shim that covers the rubber seal that goes over the shaft of the out drive?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:03 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
uhmmm, i need some help. esc is all hooked up...throttle trigger does nothing but when i turn the wheel to the right it gives it throttle and then to the left is the break. the steering also works when i do that.
What radio are you using? Sound like you have made some mixes, or your receiver has gone haywire.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dtr
What radio are you using? Sound like you have made some mixes, or your receiver has gone haywire.
or a y harness gone wrong lol
Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Hi Salad,

looks like the 8IGHT shocks?
if so are u using silver springs in front and green at the back?
what shock oil? 25? 35?
any rebound?
thx for your input.
have an 8IGHT and would like to know main difference in shocks compared to the scte.
best,
V
Those are the 8ight buggy front and rears. Stock pistons 37.5 f/ 32.5r, green springs rear and silver fronts. I've been happy with them, however somethings to note. The 8ight standoffs are not 3mm, they are 4mm so you will need to drill your tower to get the standoffs to work. Or make your own 3mm standoffs (I drilled mine). The new Losi towers are very nice, but the front 8ight shocks are tight on the standoff angle.

Shocks work fine, but IMHO if you already have the stock shocks keep them. You have more access to tuning options on driver setups, plus the spring options.

Hope that helps!
T-

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm running the SC10 Body also and I have to say, it's held up better than any other body I've used before. It's kinda funny, but I threw my Losi headlight cover stickers, the Losi "T" stickers and the Losi grill from the stock body sticker kit and put them on so it wouldn't be confused. So now people, give it a double take lol
I've always liked the SC10 body the best, but I will say my stock Losi body was also very good with some shoe goo, lasted FOREVER. I had to retire it after I got the new towers.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBL15
can you please confirm what part in the diffs you guys are all glueing in palce ?

i have seen a lot of talk on this but i dont understand which part in the diffs you are all talking about ?

are you talking about the little washer / shim that covers the rubber seal that goes over the shaft of the out drive?
No, the big black metal part that is between the outdrive and the diff case. The leftmost one on the pic here .
Old 10-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DBL15

They're talking about the sleeve the outdrive slides through in the diff case. It's a metal piece that will come out. If you look inside the diff it has a hex cut that fits into a hex slot. Pull it out and glue it back in making sure to get it seated all the way before the glue takes hold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.