Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
get the bce plate it last longer and you dont have to run all the plastic filler on the car and it last you twice as long
Its rare when I will speak up about this kind of thing and you are totally entitled to say its the best thing since sliced bread. But if you want to say it lasts twice as long, please be sure to indicate what it lasts twice as long as. Due to the question at hand, you infer it will last twice as long as the other aftermarket chassis brands and that simply is false. They are all great pieces and offer their advantages. Enjoy your evening.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys, it's late and I'm rebuilding my truck. Is there a setup sheet anywhere that shows the team setups using the new springs and pistons? Everything I see are for the old gold/silver/black and stock pistons.

I really need a setup for a big, very hardpack, high bite track with big jumps.

I'm having trouble with the rear end not staying put coming out of corners and I can't sort it. My kid's truck that I just pulled out of the box today and changed the grease to 553 is so dialed that I'm thinking of stealing it for the race, but I'd rather get mine sorted. I have the new springs and pistons but just need a setup ASAP.

Anyone out there please help!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Can't seem to pull up the setups on the Losi site. Show blank set up sheets. Any one know what's up?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Need some help! I am having some nosediving ,I know a little throttle would correct most of this,but I really dont like using throttle to correct this..
Any ideas on this problem? Thanks,

Droop settings?
adjusting more/less preload?
Different weight oils?
Different shock mounting locations?

HELL,I dont a clue...LOL..
Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fun day at the track, my SCTe and R52 and R45 did great, however we need some bigger tracks in my area (or less rain). We had some smash laps, was fun to watch.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifraf
Need some help! I am having some nosediving ,I know a little throttle would correct most of this,but I really dont like using throttle to correct this..

Droop settings?
Different weight oils?

-Check your center dif..... take off from the truck in the mounting bracket , now try and spin the gear. If it's binding, look at the plastick mount side. It will be the side facing the front. Where the outdrive comes through the bracket look at the outdrive I bet its rubbing there and causing a braking efect when in the air. I changed to light oudrives and used my body reemer to open the plastick hole where the outdrive rubbed. Maby its this same thing I just found yesterday! Please let me know what you found!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Droop settings?
Different weight oils?

Make sure there is no drag brake set up in your radio or speed control.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Fun day at the track, my SCTe and R52 and R45 did great, however we need some bigger tracks in my area (or less rain). We had some smash laps, was fun to watch.
Dang Fork those are some tite lanes! Remove the jumps and run Touring Cars Always dig yer vids tho!Kant wait to see some of that Viper stuff start to show, with the price points you stated, you could own the market!Good Luck Bro!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 10-08-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: cuzz needed a dang comma x 2
Old 10-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Droop settings?
Different weight oils?

A little throttle? Might just be the jumps them selves ,sometimes I am pinned thru the whole jump or full pull right at lift off, cuzz the jump just sucks!!!Some time it just takes more than a little throttle to fix this!(Normal)
Old 10-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
Its rare when I will speak up about this kind of thing and you are totally entitled to say its the best thing since sliced bread. But if you want to say it lasts twice as long, please be sure to indicate what it lasts twice as long as. Due to the question at hand, you infer it will last twice as long as the other aftermarket chassis brands and that simply is false. They are all great pieces and offer their advantages. Enjoy your evening.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Dang Fork those are some tite lanes! Remove the jumps and run Touring Cars Always dig yer vids tho!Kant wait to see some of that Viper stuff start to show, with the price points you stated, you could own the market!Good Luck Bro!!
Originally Posted by BmainStar
A little throttle? Might just be the jumps them selves ,sometimes I am pinned thru the whole jump or full pull right at lift off, cuzz the jump just sucks!!!Some time it just takes more than a little throttle to fix this!(Normal)
is your friend.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SaladFork

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Hey Salad Neat Vid looks like you guys are having a lot of
Fun! Seems now a days alot of guys have forgotten the
reason to run these little cars.
Thanks for posting
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
is your friend.
I tried it before and messed sumthin up!Double post kinda deal, but just for you
cuzz I know you don't like seeing the orange Tiger avatar 3 posts in a row I will try next time..Now 4 x in a row
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Ryan, I dont Think PorkChop was tiring to insult any one.
Just that He has been around this RC Racing scene
Many years, and has witnessed lots of interesting
things.. Regarding his statement Lasting twice as long
I have some photos and details regarding why he has
made that claim..
As I explained last night about the use of 7075 T6 Mil Spec
Billet Here are some of the examples of Asian/Import Alclad
and its major shortcomings..
Droop screw damage

Diff Box bending and Chassis pocketing distortion

Chassis fatigue and fracture
Old 10-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Nitroalm all I can say is people running your chassis are very passionate about your product!Hope to have one soon for my 2nd truck and am glad there is choices!Its the chassis war thing that makes me laugh!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.