Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Gotta make sure Ryan can keep up with you.
Ryan and I have raced together for so long we almost know what the other is going to do before they do it. We have had some great battles and some really fun lead swapping action lap after lap. The Viper stuff has been working well for him.

Originally Posted by jvroffroadrc View Post
A while back i saw casper or hacker suggest a base setup for a small tight indoor track but i cant seem to find it now, i checked all the setups on hh website and cant seem to find anything that seems to suit my needs. Could anyone give me any thoughts on what to try in the diffs for a really small tight indoor track with hard packed clay that doesnt have many jumps but is pretty buppy all the way around even in the short straights. I am running 5 5 3 right now and it did seam to be ok but since a few new guys got some rangos the lap times have been going down every week and now it seems like they just kill me threw the turns. I have tried just about everything except changing diff fluid because it worked just about everywhere i ran at but now i have to do something to try and keep up. It seems like they can just power threw the corners were i have to let way off to keep my line on the inside. So anyone that can help me out with any ideas i would greatly appreciate it since i am at a loss. Thanks for any help in advance.
You can try 3 in the center. Since your track sounds small and bumpy this will help with the bumps as well as give a little more steering as well. It will take away some acceleration though. A little more drastic would be going to 3 in the front which should help with more steering but might make the truck a little twitchy but worth a try. I like the thicker in the front for the higher speed tracks I tend to run on more.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Diff oil question

I understand the effect that thicker and thinner oil can have in the front, center, and rear diffs, but I'm wondering where the stock grease fits in. I know there is not necessarily a direct translation, but what weight oil will drive most like the stock grease? I honestly think the grease works pretty well for me, but it does diff out in a few corners. I'm considering 3-3-2, but want to know how much heavier that will feel than the stock grease. Hope, my question isn't too confusiing Thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Prophet

The problem is grease works different then oil so it is hard to make a direct comparison. I have only driven a truck with stock grease once and it did not have the right tires and other things to really tell what was grease and what was tires. 3K is pretty light for diffs.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yeah, I was thinking 3-3-2 based on Casey Peck's setup. I'm afraid to go too thick and lose steering. I guess I can start light and as long as the truck is stable and controllable, there is no need to go heavier, right? BTW, this is on an 1/8 scale outdoor track.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've left my Diff's Bone Stock for the fact I love the performance out of the box, Buddy's truck was done with oil's and the whole bit and while its great, I prefer my Bone Stock Diffs.

I was Super happy to see you post that link for the grease Casper. I was waiting for the day.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Grinding noise

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
It's the diff gears slipping on hard brake. You can shim the gears to mesh better and eliminate a little slop on the drives. Or dial your brakes down till you don't hear that.

Hey guys, I could use a little help.

I just picked up my scte and man is it awesome. What I have noticed though is that something is grinding under braking. I am going to try turning the braking down on my esc but what should I be looking for? Everything seems fine, the diffs feel good and I can't find any slop!
2nd, what is the easiest way to get the front and rear diff out of the truck to service?
Thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kazuaki View Post
Yeah, I was thinking 3-3-2 based on Casey Peck's setup. I'm afraid to go too thick and lose steering. I guess I can start light and as long as the truck is stable and controllable, there is no need to go heavier, right? BTW, this is on an 1/8 scale outdoor track.

Yes there is a need 1 thing I found was Too light of oil in the center and your Roasting out the front tires/Excessive diffing out. Pending traction you might seriously want to think upping those oil's a hair....5-5-2 or 5-7-2 pending the levels of traction available would be my recommendation.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Prophet

I have not tired it but 3-5-3 might get the low speed steering without loosing too much fwd bite. I have not run on a really tight track yet. I see some video's of you guys running on some small tight tracks and this might work.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cavg View Post
Broken front arm and bent turnbuckle is what have happened to me so far. Oh and a rounded wheel, make sure to tighten the wheel nuts every once in a while. I have have had one of the rear wheels come off 2 times, now i check the nuts between every pack.
Try the wheel nuts from Durango. It was around $2 for the package and they are serated black nuts. I lost two tires and got tired of the Nylock style.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coffee View Post
Try the wheel nuts from Durango. It was around $2 for the package and they are serated black nuts. I lost two tires and got tired of the Nylock style.
You ain't kiddin! Great tip, just got a set of 10 for $4.77 shipped from RPP hobby. half the cost of the losi pieces, and 1/3 the new jconcepts. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Man I hate that my phone didn't save a pic of my scte and A drakes losi 5B but he brought it out to practice last night and the thing is a beast. It was a scte shot up with roids. Don't mean to take away from the scte talk but had to share this pic but it's not my Scte and the 5b

Old 10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

nice pic thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

BCE chassis ordered ! other than the tuning kit this is it for hop ups at the moment. Is there a big difference in handling with just this chassis change? with just this change should shock oil still be changed as well or is it not big enough of a weight change?

Last edited by captaindemo17; 10-07-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captaindemo17 View Post
BCE chassis ordered ! other than the tuning kit this is it for hop ups at the moment. Is there a big difference in handling with just this chassis change? with just this change should shock oil still be changed as well or is it not big enough of a change?
you wont regreat that chassis. and you may need to go down a half weight on shock oil your trimming some weight that for sure
Old 10-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vlad_vy View Post
SCTE chassis weight:

Stock - 300g
Bump Performance - 238g
Losi Flex Tuned - 230g
BCE Speed - 240g
SNR Graphite - 203g
wich one to get and y. also what Chassis Brace Set do i get

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.