Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He means what ESC...

Looking good Salad. Can't wait to get one
Old 10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
So what is powering that?

Also you put the battery in the other way and you can run shorter battery wires!
Early version of the Copperhead, we don't want to show a pic because it's changed. Copperhead will be here early next week.

Originally Posted by larlev
He means what ESC...

Looking good Salad. Can't wait to get one
Next week!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Early version of the Copperhead, we don't want to show a pic because it's changed. Copperhead will be here early next week.

Next week!
Sorry I had to ask. I figured it was something like that. Glad to see you Viper guys constantly working on new stuff.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey Salad, whatcha using those Streetfighters for? We have been thinking about trying them out on carpet.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? 12 mm but it's not a shimming issue i have found...

Originally Posted by XXXDad
What shim size is the center sprocket side shim? I have some binding and need that shim only one came and i need a few more! Help!
Originally Posted by hacker07
I am pretty sure its a 10mm id shim if you are referring to the ones that go near the outdrives...it currently only comes iwth the TEN T/810 nitro spur. In doing a search on horizons website, I found something from CRC, CLN4740.
OK anyone having a problem with the center dif not spinning free? I found my outdrive on the plastic side is rubbing where it comes through the bearing. Enough to not even let it spin at all.. So new outdrives are ordered and I might open the hole a tad with my body reemer . That is if the new outdrives rubb. Man... I wonder if this is what was making my truck nose dive? Like I was hitting the brake. Must be... I hope it is, cauz its been real anoying having people look at me like drive like crap. Hhahahaha!! Dokey flipping over the tripples all the time looks a lil bad...
Old 10-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

A while back i saw casper or hacker suggest a base setup for a small tight indoor track but i cant seem to find it now, i checked all the setups on hh website and cant seem to find anything that seems to suit my needs. Could anyone give me any thoughts on what to try in the diffs for a really small tight indoor track with hard packed clay that doesnt have many jumps but is pretty buppy all the way around even in the short straights. I am running 5 5 3 right now and it did seam to be ok but since a few new guys got some rangos the lap times have been going down every week and now it seems like they just kill me threw the turns. I have tried just about everything except changing diff fluid because it worked just about everywhere i ran at but now i have to do something to try and keep up. It seems like they can just power threw the corners were i have to let way off to keep my line on the inside. So anyone that can help me out with any ideas i would greatly appreciate it since i am at a loss. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

I'll prolly pick up the castle BEC once I get the servo only if its causing issues.

I dont race at a legit track, but at my friends house we have a track and 5-6 of us get out there and race, and I also have a track at my old man's house that I run my stadium truck on to pratice. I'm thinking of running at a legit track next year as there's one thats 80 miles away on the weekends which is perfect for me cause my uncle lives out there and I can just stay there and not pay for a hotel room for the night.

I thought the truck Also came with swaybars at least one set mounted on the truck, If it doesnt I'll deff pick up a set of sway bars.

I'll pick up the outdrives when mine show wear those arnt as important to me right yet.

What's the deal with the diff's needing shims and such ? Will I need to buy the shim kit or w/e its called to fix this issue or has Losi taken care of it?

- What should I start with for Pinions 15-19t?

- What weight Shock Oil? I currently only have Losi 35wt. for My E-firestorm
Old 10-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
One Viper VX4R 5200kv 4 pole.

Did you just cut up the stock servo/receiver mount? Or is that something else?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by StPete40
Hey Salad, whatcha using those Streetfighters for? We have been thinking about trying them out on carpet.
I do testing out back behind the office, we live in the urban jungle. I have never ran them it's been raining all week.

Originally Posted by Mitten
Did you just cut up the stock servo/receiver mount? Or is that something else?
Yea that is the stock servo mount with the receiver. I just hacked it up.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Sway bar kit?? Doesn't it already come with sway bars and different weight swaybars. I could've sworn mine did. Hmmmm.
mine didnt, maybe u got a super special giddy up and go package or sum'm. I bought mine. it does come with stock ones but i bought the others
Old 10-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Sorry I had to ask. I figured it was something like that. Glad to see you Viper guys constantly working on new stuff.
Gotta make sure Ryan can keep up with you.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Salad,

The can looks a little longer than a 540, is that a 540L or a 550? What gearing are you going to run with that beast?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

How are you guy's running the wire that goes from the ESC mounted behind the battery to the reciever box? I can find a place that I am happy with...all suggestions will be appreciated..Thanks for your help.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifraf
How are you guy's running the wire that goes from the ESC mounted behind the battery to the reciever box? I can find a place that I am happy with...all suggestions will be appreciated..Thanks for your help.
Underneath the battery tray are wire clips that will hold the ESC wire , some are too short so you may need an extension .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.